Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amee, don't they come up to the surface of the water on full moon???

Or have my friends been giving me the 'raw prawn' for years? LOL

Prawns dont like any light. When its a full moon they bury themselves and change their shell, its when they grow.
It would be nice to see them on the surface and in moonlight. We'd have more fishing days then and save a lot of work lol

MOO

Amee, don't they come up to the surface of the water on full moon???

Or have my friends been giving me the 'raw prawn' for years? LOL

Mani, what clever sleuthing....you brought that up about the moon in relation to the tides this morning....but no full moon between the 19th April and 30th May. It was 6th april then 6th may :(

So Doc, just to make it really simple, if you post something related to the medical field we can decide for ourselves to take it on board or to leave it. My view is I would question anything anyone says regardless of their field of expertise but will give a little bit more lee way if for instance you were to post on varicose veins!
Our good friend Hawkins has decided not to be verified in his field, which I respect, this means that anything he says I can take or leave (and do not have to assume that because it is coming from a verified professional I have to give it any more weight).

However, our good friend Hawkins posts have been of such calibre and insights (both emotional and obviously knowledgeable) that he has been awarded my accolade of being the most respected poster on this forum.

Every one is entitled to their own view and I have no doubt that your posts are equally liked by some other posters.

This is just the way the cookie crumbles.

His view of what the jury would see still plays in my head and will until I hear the evidence in court. As does his incredible sensitive insight into the societal causes and effects of violence and abuse within a relationship.

All MOO

:goodpost:

Prawns dont like any light. When its a full moon they bury themselves and change their shell, its when they grow.
It would be nice to see them on the surface and in moonlight. We'd have more fishing days then and save a lot of work lol

MOO
so do they surface at a particular time?

I agree with you Mami.

Hawkins has been an asset to Websleuths.

You can see by the response that that he was well received and respected.
He gave his time to help out. I miss his comments.
We could do with more Hawkins. :rocker:

Oh please don't take my posts the wrong way. I am not for a moment questioning Hawkins' value here - as I said, I enjoy his posts as much as the rest of you.

All I was doing was asking about verification, so that when he posts something like the hint that there is more to come and it will be confronting to a jury, that sounds very much like inside information to me. Now if it came from a verified source, then we could take it as such. But from a non-verified source, surely it has no MORE standing than any other comment by the rest of us? I was purely interested in finding out how much veracity I could place on comments like that.

Just by way of example, if somebody posted that the ribs were connected to the thigh bone (joke) then it wouldn't mean much. But if I posted that, then hopefully it would carry a bit more weight (even if I did get the anatomy wrong....;) )

By the way - the ribs are NOT connected to the thigh bone.... ;)

OMG..........Possum, you are right....he does....I forgot....well, that's good then, I see he is a member/or interested in the Moggill Scout Group, so they would have lot's to talk about...lovely...:rocker:

Will be cold for Geanie as well.
Nope...will be in Toowoomba tomorrow and Sunday with blue train at home show. Tap me on the shoulder and get a free ride. Jack of all trades.:woohoo:

Mani might arrange a quick day out for websleuths meeting at Toowoomba lol Would be good to see you all.

You could all pop in for a cuppa at mine in Woombies.

MOO

Just wait till I have a word with my fishing buddies Amee - bunch of liar liar pants on fire Bogies from Wiscogee!!! They have been telling me stuff like this for years...........

Oh please don't take my posts the wrong way. I am not for a moment questioning Hawkins' value here - as I said, I enjoy his posts as much as the rest of you.

All I was doing was asking about verification, so that when he posts something like the hint that there is more to come and it will be confronting to a jury, that sounds very much like inside information to me. Now if it came from a verified source, then we could take it as such. But from a non-verified source, surely it has no MORE standing than any other comment by the rest of us? I was purely interested in finding out how much veracity I could place on comments like that.

Just by way of example, if somebody posted that the ribs were connected to the thigh bone (joke) then it wouldn't mean much. But if I posted that, then hopefully it would carry a bit more weight (even if I did get the anatomy wrong....;) )

By the way - the ribs are NOT connected to the thigh bone.... ;)

Just for interest sake - what are they connected to Doc?

I think we shouldn't feel bad when trying to talk about predators etc and Allison's body. What happened to her beautiful shell (body) after she was murdered, wouldn't have hurt her....just all nature and the way thing's are meant to happen even the little creatures that may have come across her.
It's the human monster that is embarrassing and scary and repulsive, not nature. xxxx

I think we shouldn't feel bad when trying to talk about predators etc and Allison's body. What happened to her beautiful shell (body) after she was murdered, wouldn't have hurt her....just all nature and the way thing's are meant to happen even the little creatures that may have come across her.
It's the human monster that is embarrassing and scary and repulsive, not nature. xxxx

Good point OJ - it feels awful thinking about it but you have a good point. MOO

I have not gone past the point of Allison being placed in or near water, when she had a fear of it and a possible connection to the Little Ugly Creek, when she has been a beauty pageant winner - there is something cruel and macabre about it. MOO

Enough to make a bunch of stout hearted women kick arse - God they wouldn't want to throw him to the women of Brisbane - there would be no skin left on his bones!!!! IMO

What is this phenomenom that keeps us glued to this forum, knowing that we have examined every theory every which way, the QPS are keeping tighter than a turtle's bum and MSM have gone home for the weekend? Can't someone just make something up? Surely SOMEONE saw the caterpillar driving the captiva!

Just wait till I have a word with my fishing buddies Amee - bunch of liar liar pants on fire Bogies from Wiscogee!!! They have been telling me stuff like this for years...........

LOL next run I'll get some photo's.

What is this phenomenom that keeps us glued to this forum, knowing that we have examined every theory every which way, the QPS are keeping tighter than a turtle's bum and MSM have gone home for the weekend? Can't someone just make something up? Surely SOMEONE saw the caterpillar driving the captiva!

We are just a hangin.....just a waitin.....and hopefully that *advertiser censored*l knows there are a group just pacing backwards and forwards.....hehehe

and I heard, just a rumor mind, that he didn't even own his Mustard Jacket, he borrowed it and never gave it back..........:rocker:

If someone did see the caterpillar driving that car they must have a link....for us to believe it.....

BBM

Aileen Wournos first victim Richard Mallory decomposed under similar conditions in Florida 1989. He was under a tarp. Hands and head skeletonised due to predator activity. Can't link as I am using a printed book as reference.

Olli thanks for your post. I believe this too, and while I cringe at some of the things I post, I want to discuss it and get the thoughts and opinions of all you wonderful people. I think about a situation, and I need to get opinions. Its just my way. So when I post sometimes like that, I do worry that I am upsetting some people, but murder isnt pretty or nice or neat. So for us to muddle our way through the little we do know, I think we have to look at the situation honestly

Aunty, thankyou very much for this post. It is really helpful in understanding dementia better. I know when my husbands father had dementia he would often get extremely violent and created plenty of work for the nurses and aides!!!
without really any knowledge about NBC and his personality, its impossible to say either way. Still, you make a lot of sense in what you are saying in your last paragraph. Do you remember where the rumour was made or when?

If its only rumour, its possible it came from GBC. GBC could have said to GPS, 'Dad's got no idea what he was doing he's got dementia' but of course, he wouldn't stop to think this can be checked out easily.

Hi Min!

I'm about 5 pages behind, but this topic is very close to my heart and I just can't ignore it.

A poster from here said they had heard that NBC has Dementia. A few weeks after this person posted this, we were all discussing why NBC hadn't been arrested yet. There were all sorts of ideas, but I was hooked on the fact that his 'apparent' dementia may have something to do with this. So, I asked (on the forum) this poster if they knew this for fact or rumour, or if they'd heard any more on this subject. They didn't answer my questions, for what ever reason. Maybe they missed these questions or maybe they didn't want to discuss rumours per mod rules. I totally understand and that's fine.

My Dad is in the final stage of Dementia. He has been suffering this terrible disease for nearly 20 yrs. In saying this, Dad could easily live on for another 20 yrs, as he is fairly fit and healthy. It's just his mind that has deteriorated. Sufferers of Dementia are constantly confused about where they are, what's going on and about the people around them. This often makes them aggressive and they will lash out verbally or physically, depending on the situation they are confronted with. If they are in professional care, they are given regular medication to calm them - and then they can end up sitting, dozing for many hours of the day.

Last year, my Mum eventually had to put Dad into a home in the Western Suburbs, after 50 yrs of marriage. She couldn't take care of him any more and was on the verge of a stroke or heart attack herself. This decision was very hard to accept by us 5 adult children and our husbands and wife. We understood why Mum had to do this for Dad and for herself, but to many of us, it's not 'the way' that your loving parents are supposed to end up. It's still heart breaking and still really hurts, but we all accept, understand and support Mum on her decision.

Min, my Dad is also a 'professional' at upsetting the nurses or other people in the home. He is often sedated or even admitted to Hospital for the night because he has lashed out. All large items in his room (that we've bought) have been conviscated as he could use them as weapons eg. vase, small tv, portable radio. Yet, he was the most gentle, loving, patient ......... best Dad ever.

My query with NBC having early Dementia is that he could have easily gone along with whatever GBC asked of him that night - to help with disposal of Allison at the creek, with the clean up, with the babysitting ........ whatever. He may well be physically able to assist with any of these tasks. But if he were pulled into a Police Station for questioning, or even on the stand in a Court of Law, would he be able to answer questions and remember what actually happened that night? If it were my Dad 10 yrs ago, he wouldn't have a clue what happened the night before.

For a number of weeks I have wondered if this is actually the case and this is why the QPS have not arrested NBC as yet. I have also wondered what would happen to him if he were guilty of being an accomplice in Allison's murder, and he had Dementia. It's a terrible thing to think of, so I mostly just move on from this thought.

I have also read the many posts that NBC is sharp and quick, on the ball etc etc (seems no Dementia) I hope so - for a quite a few different reasons. It has also been suggested that he hasn't been arrested because if he was, then he wouldn't have to answer any questions at GBC's trial. So maybe QPS are waiting for the trial, get him (and others) on the stand and then will arrest NBC. I'm not sure if this is right and how the Law side works.

For the record, I think NBC was an accomplice that fateful night. He helped GBC dispose of Allison's body and with the clean up after. I also think that NBC knew what he was doing and can remember it all. IMO. The Dementia rumour/theory just lurks in my mind.

Well, by now (this has taken ages to write and post) I'll be 10 pages behind. You brilliant people have well and truly moved on, you have probably found a cure for cancer, in addition to solving the mystery of what happened to Allison. I'm sorry!

PS. It's Mum's 70th B'day on Sunday and Dad's coming. We're hoping for a really special day - for all.

Anyone heading Woombie way, the wind is very dry from the west (and cold of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea