Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house is still really dirty, the shower screen is thick with scum and windows and curtains are filthy. You would think the landlords would at least get it cleaned from top to bottom esp considering what happened there.

I wouldnt rent it for $20 a week but that sort of thing creeps me out.

Yes I agree...you'd think he'd hire a professional cleaner...what would that cost..around $200-300??. I think he'll pushing it to get anyone to rent it...not only because it needs cleaning but it's not even four months since Allison was killed there.

Mmmmm agree, also in the kitchen, there is a slight side view of a fridge and hand towel in place.....very weird.

No children items left there though...wonder where the BCs dumped them>>>

The owner may have notified the Dickies to get the children's things if they'd been left there by the BC's.

It's a horrible thought but in image10 of the bathroom...there's a bar there for a shower curtain but no curtain on it. Could he have used that to suffocate her with??

Hi guys,
Have been away and have just caught up with reading.Nice to see some great posts still being written.

Now this link has blown me away!! I can't believe they are renting this house out. Can you imagine moving in there. The house is not what I expected.
There is a bathtub in the very small bathroom,would this be the ensuite?
The other bathroom is shower only by the looks of it. Interesting to note that the carpets haven't been replaced so I guess there was no "mess" made on them.
Makes me kind of sick seeing the photos as my imagination has gone into overdrive.

Hi guys,
Have been away and have just caught up with reading.Nice to see some great posts still being written.

Now this link has blown me away!! I can't believe they are renting this house out. Can you imagine moving in there. The house is not what I expected.
There is a bathtub in the very small bathroom,would this be the ensuite?
The other bathroom is shower only by the looks of it. Interesting to note that the carpets haven't been replaced so I guess there was no "mess" made on them.
Makes me kind of sick seeing the photos as my imagination has gone into overdrive.

The ensuite is the bathroom with the shower screen - you can see it in the picture of the main bedroom - peach curtains
This makes me very sad - how could anyone live there - I can't help but think how happy Allison probably was when they moved in each of the girls to have their own room :(

Hi Doctor I see you. Just after a quick opinion of how adrenal activity affects vitals and how this may translate to postmortem assessment

Morning Possum - just saw your question. Was out last night.

Adrenal activity would mainly centre around the secretion of adrenaline, with some noradrenaline as well. I'm sure if GBC was guilty, then his adrenals would have been working overtime.

However, although I'm not an endocrinologist, I don't think there is any lasting effect of adrenaline.

If Allison was murdered relatively slowly, such as by strangulation or suffocation, or a screaming fight before a fatal blow, her adrenals would have been in full "fight-or-flight" mode, with massive adrenaline release, but adrenaline is a very rapid-acting and short-acting hormone. However, as death ensues, I don't think the adrenaline hangs around - some increase may be detectable in the levels, but nowhere near what was actually secreted.. And I'm not aware of any post-mortem changes to the physical structure of organs that would be detectable either. One of the effects of adrenaline is vasoconstriction - the blood vessels (mainly on the arterial side of the circulation) constrict, which in turn puts the blood pressure up (by increasing peripheral resistance to flow.)

However, as death ensues, everything relaxes, including the blood vessels, and vasodilatation occurs - which is the reason the blood can then pool at the body's lowest point relative to gravity. This causes the discolouration seen on the body, known as post mortem lividity, or livor mortis.

So I wouldn't think that any structural effects of the adrenaline surge would be visible in the tissues post mortem.

As for adrenaline levels in the blood and other fluids - they can be measured, but apart from certain causes of death (eg hypothermia which tends to preserve the status quo of physiology), I'm not aware of any significant correlation that would indicate the CAUSE of death. Adrenaline and noradrenaline levels can be measure in the blood, the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), and in the vitreous compartment of the eye.

Of course, the adrenaline levels would be higher in violent death situations, especially those in which the victim is aware of the impending death - eg strangulation, suffocation, etc. In sudden violent death by surprise - eg the gunshot to the back of the head - adrenaline levels wouldn't necessarily be raised. Likewise, if the victim had been drugged, or heavily sedated, then death may occur relatively peacefully with little or no adrenaline release.

I wouldn't rent it either, even if I wasn't a big sook - it's not uncommon for the crime scene to be visited and videotaped if there is a confession or deal made with the perp. Until the matter is settled completely your life could be turned upside down at any time.

It shows how upscale the area must be that they can (attempt to) command $460 a week for a colour scheme screaming late 80's and pretty scruffy looking overall. I am surprised Mr Real Estate wasn't living somewhere with hardwood floors and the theatre room he postulated fathers are expected to provide these days.

I'm wondering if they are old pics... you know how sometimes real estates use their standard pics for any time the house is leased? Looks like a fridge in the kitchen.
Very eerie to think this is where it could have happened.

When we rented our current house, the pics on the net were when it had just been built, yet it was 4 yrs old when we moved here and had been rented out 4 times before.

Gosh the house needs new floor covering and a good coat of paint. That would really gussy it up. But I guess the pics put paid to the rumours of holes in the walls - they could have been fixed but considering the state of the house - it doesn't look like the landlord was too active in getting it ready for rental. No curtains in some of the rooms - interesting it would enable sound to carry more.

Gosh the house needs new floor covering and a good coat of paint. That would really gussy it up. But I guess the pics put paid to the rumours of holes in the walls - they could have been fixed but considering the state of the house - it doesn't look like the landlord was too active in getting it ready for rental. No curtains in some of the rooms - interesting it would enable sound to carry more.

Sometimes you have to supply your own curtains in some rooms though. Maybe they had their own? As I've mentioned, these pics could be old ones, not taken since GBC moved out. I know sometimes pics on the net are nothing like the house when it is advertised. Just a thought though, they could be recent pics after all. I know on some photos they have the date on them and it can go back 3 or 4 years.

But I agree, it looks kind of grubby in these pics, regardless of what may have happened there.

Yes I agree...you'd think he'd hire a professional cleaner...what would that cost..around $200-300??. I think he'll pushing it to get anyone to rent it...not only because it needs cleaning but it's not even four months since Allison was killed there.

A simple bond clean can be up to $2000... and still not done well. Maybe the BC's didn't put much effort into cleaning it, just got the hell out of there... fast. Still, it is then up to the landlord to correct everything before some other poor person moves in.

I do recall reading or hearing in the media, someone who knew Allison saying she was "domestically challenged".
When bogged down depression it can be very hard to motivate yourself to do the housework. You need the love and support of your partner to help you through these difficult times. Out wining and dining your "bit of fluff" is not being supportive.
After seeing the pics of that house, I too would be domestically challenged and very depressed that after many many years of hard work this is where I had to live while my so called husband was out trying to impress and act like he was mr society.

From all I have read and heard Allison was a great mother and a lovely lady and her and her daughters did not deserve to have suffered like they have.

I do recall reading or hearing in the media, someone who knew Allison saying she was "domestically challenged".
When bogged down depression it can be very hard to motivate yourself to do the housework. You need the love and support of your partner to help you through these difficult times. Out wining and dining your "bit of fluff" is not being supportive.
After seeing the pics of that house, I too would be domestically challenged and very depressed that after many many years of hard work this is where I had to live while my so called husband was out trying to impress and act like he was mr society.

From all I have read and heard Allison was a great mother and a lovely lady and her and her daughters did not deserve to have suffered like they have.

Yes, domestically challenged... that could be me sometimes. Totally understandable. I like to keep my place clean and tidy... but when I'm thrown by something that's really upsetting etc I find it hard to function and that's when the housework might suffer. I'd say in Allison's case, yes, that would be enough not to do as much.
BUT having said all of that, to each their own really. There's a difference between a dirty house and an untidy one.
Haha, how many of us would fall into the domestically challenged category at times? I know I would. {esp since finding websleuths,:floorlaugh:}

Domestically challenged is right, there's barely enough bench space in that kitchen for two people, let alone five!

I thought that too, Linette, that they may be old photos. In my experience, current photos of a rental property are the exception, rather than the rule.

But that leaves the question - why use such photos which show the place as it is? If they were old photos, wouldn't they be good ones? Looks to me like a rush job, rent it before the committal hearing, get that lease signed before the particulars are made public, while they can still deny anything horrible happened there.

Sorry if that sounds cynical, but I am a long time renter lol so I'm kinda qualified to make assumptions. Just in case though, IMO.

Domestically challenged is right, there's barely enough bench space in that kitchen for two people, let alone five!

I thought that too, Linette, that they may be old photos. In my experience, current photos of a rental property are the exception, rather than the rule.

But that leaves the question - why use such photos which show the place as it is? If they were old photos, wouldn't they be good ones? Looks to me like a rush job, rent it before the committal hearing, get that lease signed before the particulars are made public, while they can still deny anything horrible happened there.

Sorry if that sounds cynical, but I am a long time renter lol so I'm kinda qualified to make assumptions. Just in case though, IMO.
You're right. Wouldn't they pick good pics? Unless it has always been shabby looking, maybe this is as good as it gets.
About the kitchen space, that's exactly what I thought. Not much room there, is there? Imagine trying to entertain people? {I assume because GBC was so 'great' that maybe they did this?}
One of my daughters has this problem in their house, hardly any bench space at all... while my other girl has so much that she doesn't know what to do with it all.

Yes, domestically challenged... that could be me sometimes. Totally understandable. I like to keep my place clean and tidy... but when I'm thrown by something that's really upsetting etc I find it hard to function and that's when the housework might suffer. I'd say in Allison's case, yes, that would be enough not to do as much.
BUT having said all of that, to each their own really. There's a difference between a dirty house and an untidy one.
Haha, how many of us would fall into the domestically challenged category at times? I know I would. {esp since finding websleuths,:floorlaugh:}

Oh linette, we sounds like peas in a pod :floorlaugh:

I too like a clean house but cant say that happens all the time and as someone who has suffered from depression, I know how trying to motivate yourself in those times is very very difficult and like fighting a losing battle.

Your comment about there being a difference between and dirty house and a clean one is one that my mother always says and I too believe.

As for webslueths, well it has sure corrupted me and it is does at times take priority over housework, like right now lol

Morning Possum - just saw your question. Was out last night.

Adrenal activity would mainly centre around the secretion of adrenaline, with some noradrenaline as well. I'm sure if GBC was guilty, then his adrenals would have been working overtime.

However, although I'm not an endocrinologist, I don't think there is any lasting effect of adrenaline.

If Allison was murdered relatively slowly, such as by strangulation or suffocation, or a screaming fight before a fatal blow, her adrenals would have been in full "fight-or-flight" mode, with massive adrenaline release, but adrenaline is a very rapid-acting and short-acting hormone. However, as death ensues, I don't think the adrenaline hangs around - some increase may be detectable in the levels, but nowhere near what was actually secreted.. And I'm not aware of any post-mortem changes to the physical structure of organs that would be detectable either. One of the effects of adrenaline is vasoconstriction - the blood vessels (mainly on the arterial side of the circulation) constrict, which in turn puts the blood pressure up (by increasing peripheral resistance to flow.)

However, as death ensues, everything relaxes, including the blood vessels, and vasodilatation occurs - which is the reason the blood can then pool at the body's lowest point relative to gravity. This causes the discolouration seen on the body, known as post mortem lividity, or livor mortis.

So I wouldn't think that any structural effects of the adrenaline surge would be visible in the tissues post mortem.

As for adrenaline levels in the blood and other fluids - they can be measured, but apart from certain causes of death (eg hypothermia which tends to preserve the status quo of physiology), I'm not aware of any significant correlation that would indicate the CAUSE of death. Adrenaline and noradrenaline levels can be measure in the blood, the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), and in the vitreous compartment of the eye.

Of course, the adrenaline levels would be higher in violent death situations, especially those in which the victim is aware of the impending death - eg strangulation, suffocation, etc. In sudden violent death by surprise - eg the gunshot to the back of the head - adrenaline levels wouldn't necessarily be raised. Likewise, if the victim had been drugged, or heavily sedated, then death may occur relatively peacefully with little or no adrenaline release.
I work for an Endo.....I'll ask him.

I see on the real estate site that the house is open for inspection today from 4.30 to 4.40. Is anyone available to have a look and report back to us. At least we would then know if the photos are current or old. I tend to think they are current as I think I read somewhere that the BC's had lived there for maybe 6 years. I remember thinking at the time that the youngest girl would have lived there her whole life.

I see on the real estate site that the house is open for inspection today from 4.30 to 4.40. Is anyone available to have a look and report back to us. At least we would then know if the photos are current or old. I tend to think they are current as I think I read somewhere that the BC's had lived there for maybe 6 years. I remember thinking at the time that the youngest girl would have lived there her whole life.

So the inspection is only for 10 mins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members