Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's an awful lot to say. Namely because, no more new information is being given out and like with most cases after an arrest and a charge, there's that deathly mainstream media silence. You can hear it echoing off the walls.

Groping in the dark until it goes to trial and we get to read a summary published after each day in court.

Perfectly put, Blue Bottle.

In the words of some great philosopher somewhere or other - if there's nothing worthwhile to say, then say nothing. ;)

Still here for you Allison xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Followed Nigelaine in BWANA on the western freeway today all the way to Kenmore. I went out to the bridge to take some flowers & secure some that had blown away.
When I stopped beside her at the lights at Kenmore Plaza, she looked so old & I don't know why, but I felt sorry for her.

Hmmmm, I was chatting to a member of my family in Brisbane about the Jill Meagher case here in Melbourne. This person worked very briefly in the search for Allison during the initial search... This person dropped a bombshell (somewhat accidentally) about damage to Allison's body once they found her. Am I allowed to post these comments? Clearly I can't link anything...I very strongly believe this information.

Hmmmm, I was chatting to a member of my family in Brisbane about the Jill Meagher case here in Melbourne. This person worked very briefly in the search for Allison during the initial search... This person dropped a bombshell (somewhat accidentally) about damage to Allison's body once they found her. Am I allowed to post these comments? Clearly I can't link anything...I very strongly believe this information.

No we'd not allow it Sleuthilicious as it would be classed as rumour.

We are still here for you Allison. Just been diverted by another young woman's murder which I am sure you would understand and approve ( edit-the diversion I mean.!)
These 2 murder cases have really demonstrated to me the differences and perhaps consequences in terms of being able to immediately hire a good lawyer and relying on legal aid.

I must say though that I don't think GBC's barrister and all the money he would have charged to date has made much if any difference to GBC's situation to date. Nothing that his solicitor wouldn't have been able to handle on his own. The barrister will be more value for money now though moving towards the committal.

We are here............

Attachments

• candlelight 1.jpg
    candlelight 1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
  • lighthouse MI.jpg
    lighthouse MI.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 8
We will never forget

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348833775.698662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348833775.698662.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 23
Still here for you Allison xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

& we are with you too Olli.

I recon we can wait for justice to take its slow but effective conclusion.

Aren't our boyz in blue just wonderful, right now I admire and am I'm so thankful to the skill full work they are doing. Just loving them!
When these pieces of effluent do these crimes and they believe in their hearts they'll get away with it, ha guess what?

they'll get you:woohoo::rocker:

The police knew Allison was murdered as soon as her body was found. Possibly something wrapped around her or injuries.
Oh b*gger ! Is there a way it can be told? :please:

Can you get the person onto your keypad...ouch I've been whopped by a mod

We are still here for you Allison. Just been diverted by another young woman's murder which I am sure you would understand and approve ( edit-the diversion I mean.!)
These 2 murder cases have really demonstrated to me the differences and perhaps consequences in terms of being able to immediately hire a good lawyer and relying on legal aid.

I must say though that I don't think GBC's barrister and all the money he would have charged to date has made much if any difference to GBC's situation to date. Nothing that his solicitor wouldn't have been able to handle on his own. The barrister will be more value for money now though moving towards the committal.

In the absence of any other news alioop, wondering if you can shed any light on the prosecution and defense teams? How good they are, strengths, how you think they will approach the case and degree of confidence?

Hi Champagne, I am not a criminal lawyer so I am not personally familiar with any of the lawyers for the prosecution or defence. I am sure they are all good lawyers is all I can really say.

I understand though that most people charged with murder do get committed to stand trial. The standard that the magistrate must decide on is if there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial. So it is a much lower standard than the prosecution having to prove the accused's guilt beyond reasonable doubt at a trial. The police appear to have done a thorough and careful investigation and I think it will be enough to commit GBC for trial in my opinion.
As for the degree of confidence, there will be plenty of that. I personally like quiet confidence in a lawyer. If I have the facts on my side, there is no need for puffery and the like. Juries like that too in my opinion.

Just wanted to add that I didn't mean to imply that a legal aid lawyer is not a good lawyer. What I mean is they have less time to spend on your case due to funding reasons and may not be as experienced as a private lawyer. At least in the early stages after arrest. So what I should have said is "hire a private lawyer and relying on legal aid"

I have been to the bridge today and taken photos of the fence that runs parallel to the LUC.
There was water in the LUC so I didn't walk down it today.
The carpark (flattened area) is full of weeds nearer to the fence and unfortunately, the debris that was initially cut down was left near to the fence which means you have to step on it.
I was conscious of snakes in the undergrowth too as they will be out sunning themselves looking for tucker; full of venom after their hibernation!

I will post the photos in the area reserved for photos and put some comments with it.

Based on what I saw today (just my opinion), I think that there is too much undergrowth; trees in the way for a body to roll down into LUC from the carpark. There are lots of saplings down the bank. MOO

You can make up your own mind from the photos - there was water in the LUC; the tide might have had something to do with that and not the recent rain.

Cheers

I know! It sort of feels like we're deserting her when we're not here. So very sad!

I am still thinking of her everyday too, I have been over at "the other case" but everytime I log in I think of our forum here.

At least one of these ladies are getting their justice.
Hang on Allison yours is coming.

Hi to everyone as well :seeya:

GBC just 'chucked' Allison into a waterway or rolled her out of the car & down an embankment? No regard & no respect. I feel the lazy arrogance is breathtaking.

Jill wasn't left or chucked in an alley. Just some differences being noticed. I can't explain how I feel.
How can some of our men be b*astards and some be our men be loving, protective sole mates.

Not happy Jan

I know! It sort of feels like we're deserting her when we're not here. So very sad!

SAME, SAME BUT DIFFERENT

We stand together here for justice & I'm sure Allison greeted Jill in heaven.

OMG I'm tearing up!

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/09/29/renewed-appeal-for-missing-man-wacol/

Just a heads up for others, particularly in the western suburbs.

"Police are renewing their appeal for public assistance to locate a man who has been missing from a Wolston Park address since yesterday morning.

Justin Grant, 29 was last seen at a health facility in Wacol around 11.30am.

Police hold concerns for his welfare as he suffers from a medical condition that requires daily medication. Without that medication, we believe he could pose a public safety risk and police are urging members of the public not to approach him.

He is described as being of Caucasian appearance, 180cms, with a proportionate build, red hair and brown eyes.

At the time of his disappearance he was wearing a blue ‘hoodie’ over a black t-shirt, black shorts and white ‘Nike’ runners. (Pictured)

Anyone who sees Mr Grant should contact local police or call triple zero immediately."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member