Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx strangeworld you've made my year

:woohoo: that's wonderful, fantastic bloody bonza news :woohoo:
that's why Allison was killed - money
:cheers::rollercoaster::yourock:

It certainly is wonderful, fantastic bloody bonza news! :woohoo: :rocker:

Best news!!!! Can't believe he'd even try to get his hands on the money!!!

Yay Suncorp! Now let's hope the 2nd insurance company follows and freezes that policy.

Well done Suncorp. This is one more positive step towards establishing Justice for Allison IMO.

I wonder if Allison's estate can get the insurance payout on behalf of the girls instead? Would probably take another application to the court, but if the Dickies have a good estate lawyer helping them.....

I don't understand why Suncorp bothered to apply to the court for the insurance to be paid into the court pending the outcome of the charges against GBC. As these policies were owned by Allison on her own life they would be normally paid to her estate. Therefore normal practice would be for Mr Dickie to claim the insurance as the court appointed interim administrator of her estate. Then he has to hold it in her estate pending the outcome of the charges. So GBC would not get it if he is found guilty. That seems to be no different to the outcome Suncorp seems to have wanted to achieve. So I am confused as to why Suncorp has taken this step. I presume Mr Dickie would have been a party to this application as administrator of Allison's estate. It makes no sense to me at all!

I wonder if Allison's estate can get the insurance payout on behalf of the girls instead? Would probably take another application to the court, but if the Dickies have a good estate lawyer helping them.....

Good thinking 99

I don't understand why Suncorp bothered to apply to the court for the insurance to be paid into the court pending the outcome of the charges against GBC. As these policies were owned by Allison on her own life they would be normally paid to her estate. Therefore normal practice would be for Mr Dickie to claim the insurance as the court appointed interim administrator of her estate. Then he has to hold it in her estate pending the outcome of the charges. So GBC would not get it if he is found guilty. That seems to be no different to the outcome Suncorp seems to have wanted to achieve. So I am confused as to why Suncorp has taken this step. I presume Mr Dickie would have been a party to this application as administrator of Allison's estate. It makes no sense to me at all!

Keeps the case in the public domain while the clock ticks - tick tock...

Needless to say, nothing seems to have turned out the way GBC seems to have planned.

Maybe they are worried the police case might fail and GBC will claim his rights as executor, distributing the proceeds before a civil suit for wrongful death, less reliant on a jury verdict and more a probability verdict, can be launched? As in, too late once the funds are gone...maybe a smart move on their behalf.

A possible thought. GBC had formally applied for the payout and suncorp knew it would be headline news (like the propery sale) & opted to freeze the funds, win/win, great advert for Suncorp being good guys.

How else are you going to pay for these big wigs, or you got something else up your sleeves?

"Hey look Rocky watch me pull this rabbit outta my hat!"

A possible thought. GBC had formally applied for the payout and suncorp knew it would be headline news (like the propery sale) & opted to freeze the funds, win/win, great advert for Suncorp being good guys.

How else are you going to pay for these big wigs, or you got something else up your sleeves?

"Hey look Rocky watch me pull this rabbit outta my hat!"

I agree that it's publicity for Suncorp, but are you sayong GBC gets money for it to pay his lawyers? That's a bit of a stretch!

OW is in town this weekend, coinciding with the BCs first access weekend. IMO

I just saw the Bwana's with at least two girls in tow at Jindalee Maccas.

Would they have to take the Kholo bridge to get there from Kenmore?

No they wouldn't. I think unless they were travelling to visit friends in Karalee, Karana Downs then maybe but otherwise they could go via the Western Freeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53