Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Check the news - nothing new comes up. Think about the girls as well. Hope they are getting necessary care.

allison_t325.jpg

Wow that's a beautiful photo of Allison, I haven't seen that one.

Oh & welcome back Grannie. We've missed you !!:thewave:

Six months gone by. Six months Allison's girls have been traumatised and deprived of their mum. Our thoughts with them, the Dickies and her family and friends.
RIP

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1350658037.155182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1350658037.155182.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 26
OT:

Our WS member, Sooner Fan#1, has passed away. Sooner Fan#1 was a faithful reader of Allison's threads.

The link below will take you to a condolence thread, for those of you who wish to leave messages for Sooner Fan#1.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188467"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Interesting article in courier mail yesterday about forensic testing mentioning Allisons case generally. Said DNA testing in qld takes 14 days but can be done in 3 days for serious crimes such as murder. I dont have the link, sorry as I am away from home and using my phone.

OT:

Our WS member, Sooner Fan#1, has passed away. Sooner Fan#1 was a faithful reader of Allison's threads.

The link below will take you to a condolence thread, for those of you who wish to leave messages for Sooner Fan#1.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm sad to hear this. I know she liked this thread. She used to like every single post and she was with us here every day. May she be at peace.

RIP Soonerfan#1 :heartbeat:

OT:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I am very sorry to learn this news. One gets used to posters and gets to know them and their ways a little. She will be sorely missed on this forum and a number of other fora. God Bless Sooner and rest in peace. :rose:

google alert . court orders insurance payout frozen till after gbc trial is completed . then they will decide rightful owner . good news , not so for bc family

Life insurance payout for death of Allison Baden-Clay on hold until Gerard Baden-Clay murder trial ends

Brooke Baskin
October 23, 2012 12:18PM

The court was told Mr Baden-Clay was the nominated recipient of his wife's life insurance policy, which was drafted on March 11, 2008.

Stewart Webster, on behalf of Suncorp Life and Superannuation Ltd, told the court his client was seeking a number of declarations, including cost and leave to withdraw pending the criminal case against Mr Baden-Clay, who was the nominated recipient of the money.

Justice Collier made 8 orders in relation to the hearing, including costs which are yet to be determined by the parties involved.

"It seems to me the best approach is to adjourn this matter to the registry and allow the parties to bring it back before the court," she said.

She also granted the parties five days "liberty" notice in which they could apply to have the matter brought back on before the court.

Mr Webster indicated said a further order may be sought in coming months over whether the money held in trust by the registry could be moved into an interest-earning account.

http://www.news.com.au/national/lif...urder-trial-ends/story-fndo4ckr-1226501462396

http://river949.com.au
Court To Hold Allison Baden-Clay's Life Insurance
Tuesday, 23 October 2012 10:51
The Federal Court in Brisbane is currently holding the payout of 350 thousand dollars from the life insurance policy of Mrs. Allison Baden-Clay. Her husband Gerard Baden-Clay made a claim on the policy after her death. Mr. Geoff Dickie is making a claim on the policy, arguing it may form part of his daughter's estate. Lawyers for all parties appeared in the Federal Court today and agreed a hearing into the rightful recipient should be adjourned until after the murder trial is completed.

Ok, The Dickies held the proceeds of the house sale and the insurance money is frozen...sister got any more ideas?

Just in case anyone is interested:

Open Gardens Australia presents
The Sommer Garden
on Saturday & Sunday, 27 & 28 October 2012
Between 10am to 4:30pm
at 61 Vyner Street, Pinjarra Hills (UBD Brisbane 196:M3)
Cost $6 for adults; children under 18 for FREE with proceeds donated to the Late Allison Baden-Clay Children Appeal

All quiet from that whole family and it seems that Facebook pages have gone private

They looked pretty happy at Kenmore Village just now. Maybe they should've gone to the open garden and donated some money.

They looked pretty happy at Kenmore Village just now. Maybe they should've gone to the open garden and donated some money.

Was it just Nigelaine out and about or was OW with them?

Was it just Nigelaine out and about or was OW with them?

Makara, no just them and the girls, no OW in sight. All looking very happy and going about their grocery shopping business. Of course I was craning my neck as I drove by them, surprised that I seemed to be the only one taking any notice. For such newsworthy people in these parts I thought they might have attracted a few stares but no. I wonder if any Dickies were able to go the garden day?

Been following Allison's case when I get the chance. Just wondered what others thoughts were on this?

Reading an article in the Australian about the blocked insurance payout (such good news!!)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...den-clays-payout/story-e6frg6nf-1226503459259

It mentions communications from the insurance company, they wrote to her to ask her if she wanted GBC to remain sole beneficiary of the policy. I was wondered why they would do that? I imagine it is pretty common to have your hubby as sole beneficiary (as I do) so why ask a certain way into the policy??? Had she been in contact saying they had separated etc???

Been following Allison's case when I get the chance. Just wondered what others thoughts were on this?

Reading an article in the Australian about the blocked insurance payout (such good news!!)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...den-clays-payout/story-e6frg6nf-1226503459259

It mentions communications from the insurance company, they wrote to her to ask her if she wanted GBC to remain sole beneficiary of the policy. I was wondered why they would do that? I imagine it is pretty common to have your hubby as sole beneficiary (as I do) so why ask a certain way into the policy??? Had she been in contact saying they had separated etc???

Interesting. The article states that The Ausralian was granted permission to see the Affidavits between Mr Baden-Clay and Suncorp. It is alleged that two weeks before Allison was murdered, a letter dated April 6, warned Baden-Clay a premium of $1110.95 was overdue and her policy would be cancelled and cover would cease if the bill was not paid by 4pm on May 19. It is also interesting that Suncorp asked her on February 13 whether she wanted to change Mr Baden-Clay as sole beneficiary. They have not stated the reason for the letter which may be subject to Subjudice IMO.

Interesting. The article states that The Ausralian was granted permission to see the Affidavits between Mr Baden-Clay and Suncorp. It is alleged that two weeks before Allison was murdered, a letter dated April 6, warned Baden-Clay a premium of $1110.95 was overdue and her policy would be cancelled and cover would cease if the bill was not paid by 4pm on May 19. It is also interesting that Suncorp asked her on February 13 whether she wanted to change Mr Baden-Clay as sole beneficiary. They have not stated the reason for the letter which may be subject to Subjudice IMO.

So if the husband did it, then he might have had to do it sooner than he wanted, because one of the policies may have been going to expire, if they didn't pay it (either because they couldn't afford to, or because Allison wanted to discontinue it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside