Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the rabbit hole analogy - little kids often refer to 'Alice in Wonderland' as 'Allison Wonderland'.

Re: the rabbit hole analogy - little kids often refer to 'Alice in Wonderland' as 'Allison Wonderland'.

:(

That whole 'fell down a hole' just doesn't make sense - why would anyone say that or repeat it - especially to the police - doesn't make sense - unless extreme tiredness took over

What they said has been kept under wraps ..... certainly not revealed here by anyone involved. They would all be old enough to form some of their own opinions however confusing for them. Gerard continued to be involved in their school activities and taking them to their ballet lessons, thereby 'business as usual'.

Could be that they never said anything if as has been said their mother was a victim of domestic violence - children soon learn what they can and cannot talk about

... And need I mention the caterpillar smoking the hookah?

:(

That whole 'fell down a hole' just doesn't make sense - why would anyone say that or repeat it - especially to the police - doesn't make sense - unless extreme tiredness took over

Just to add a point of reality here - although I'm not sure it had anything to do with GBC's expression:

The area not too far from the BC house actually does have a lot of old mine shafts which are just big holes in the ground. Especially up Jones Rd and in the State Forest Park which is just up behind the BC house, along Boscombe Rd. There used to be a lot of gold mining around the area, hence the names of places like Gold Creek Rd and the Gold Creek Reservoir.

Some of those old mine shafts are not fenced off - just holes. And people have fallen down them, including runners, horse riders, and mountain bikers.

But if the kids were aware of those old mine shafts - maybe warned about them at home and school - then that may be the underlying theory behind the expression he used.

Just a thought....

Just to add a point of reality here - although I'm not sure it had anything to do with GBC's expression:

The area not too far from the BC house actually does have a lot of old mine shafts which are just big holes in the ground. Especially up Jones Rd and in the State Forest Park which is just up behind the BC house, along Boscombe Rd. There used to be a lot of gold mining around the area, hence the names of places like Gold Creek Rd and the Gold Creek Reservoir.

Some of those old mine shafts are not fenced off - just holes. And people have fallen down them, including runners, horse riders, and mountain bikers.

But if the kids were aware of those old mine shafts - maybe warned about them at home and school - then that may be the underlying theory behind the expression he used.

Just a thought....

It is a possibility too, but surely he wouldn't want to alarm them unnecessarily at that time ........ when he just wanted to say that she had gone for her usual morning walk....if he thought that it was good parenting to warn them again at approx 6am, well was he preparing them 'for the worst'? Certainly NOT good parenting.

Just a thought....
It's the "...and won't be coming back" part which is illuminating IMO.

Yes ..........and although there is more than enough circumstantial evidence there, pinning the person who caused Allison's death (and any accomplices), be it Gerard, is most likely being secretly guarded until the trial.....the evidence then will surely have the family squirming.

Just a thought....

Good point Doc, I agree.

Just a thought....

Indeed DW when the police were investigating Allisons disappearance they mentioned the mine shafts. But a conscientious, devoted mother of 3 - I don't know it doesn't seem kosha - I don't think she would go out of her way to find a bush path? She clearly didn't walk regularly (from her parents statements) and it was dangerous enough walking along the unlit road at night or early morning. I don't think ALlison would really be into exploring new paths or after adventure. Was she upset - did she stomp out? - perhaps but then why would she have the botanical contamination from her patio?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not suggesting for a moment that Allison WOULD have gone for a walk. We know she almost certainly didn't.

And the expression that was allegedly used about her falling down a hole and not returning was really very strange. But I was just wondering if it was used in that context - with the girls almost certainly having been warned about those old mine shafts at school, as most locals know about them. Perhaps said to sew the seeds in young minds as to why Mum doesn't come home?

It really was a silly thing to say, though - and it was even sillier for OW to repeat it to the police...! Duh!

Don't get me wrong - I'm not suggesting for a moment that Allison WOULD have gone for a walk. We know she almost certainly didn't.

And the expression that was allegedly used about her falling down a hole and not returning was really very strange. But I was just wondering if it was used in that context - with the girls almost certainly having been warned about those old mine shafts at school, as most locals know about them. Perhaps said to sew the seeds in young minds as to why Mum doesn't come home?

It really was a silly thing to say, though - and it was even sillier for OW to repeat it to the police...! Duh!

Horror of horrors!
.........but at some time during the night/early morning ..... could it be that one or more of the children had actually seen Allison in an injured state. This statement was then made by him early the next morning to cover what they might remember.

Just another angle in my opinion only.

... I wonder if this statement was made by Gerard and repeated by Olivia as they meant it to be in the context that Allison wouldn't be back to take them to school, so Olivia would be taking them ..... just saying, as otherwise for Olivia to repeat it to the Police is just too strange.

I'm starting to wonder if the whole BC clan aren't just a bit dim witted.....really they don't look the brightest bunch.

I'm starting to wonder if the whole BC clan aren't just a bit dim witted.....really they don't look the brightest bunch.

I don't believe GBC has that much business acumen or really intelligence. (Otherwise you don't walk over people and put up barriers to shield the truth!)

But I do think the rest of the family have just shut down shop and are playing it dumb. There is no way the B-Cs didn't know of GBC's affair -TM was painting their house after the floods there were pics on FB even on OW's page. And I think the senior GBC's thought Allison was preventing GBC from becoming a successful and political animal.

But I still cannot imagine what OW is thinking. I only hope she truly believes that GBC is innocent,( but seriously HOW?). And that OW's story to the police about Allison allegedly falling down a hole is taken out of context as many have suggested - for example, perhaps the girls had been told in literal terms that we think 'Mummy might have fallen down a hole' and hopefully this was tempered in real words to the girls. eg "Girls I am not sure where mummy is -she must have went for her walk and I suspect she has perhaps fallen into one of the mine shafts - I don't know when she will be back but don't worry we will find her and get her back." Who knows this will be a bit more evident when we have more info.

Just a thought....

Yes but it's not something you say to children asking about their mother .
Especially not if you are worried as GBC apparently was.

I agree, Ollijack. Not the brightest bunch, but as Thinking said in an earlier thread, GBC's attitude has from early on "given the police the following unspoken message: I know that you know I did it, you just have to prove it - and good luck with that. The message has been similar from NBC."

I hope it won't be too long before we find that the hard work of the police has been rewarded by some good luck!

IMOO

Yes but it's not something you say to children asking about their mother .
Especially not if you are worried as GBC apparently was.

Daddy's bleeding, mummy's missing & fallen down a mine shaft & won't be back, the police have been called and are there asking lots of scary questions, BUT RUN ALONG NOW WITH AUNTY & HAVE A LOVELY DAY!

When sleep deprived people act strangely, almost like they're drunk & just don't think properly. Under the circumstances I believe nobodyslept well that night.

COUNTING DOWN THE WEEKS NOW-C'MON MARCH!

Daddy's bleeding, mummy's missing & fallen down a mine shaft & won't be back, the police have been called and are there asking lots of scary questions, BUT RUN ALONG NOW WITH AUNTY & HAVE A LOVELY DAY!

When sleep deprived people act strangely, almost like they're drunk & just don't think properly. Under the circumstances I believe nobodyslept well that night.

COUNTING DOWN THE WEEKS NOW-C'MON MARCH!

Regarding acting strangely when sleep deprived:
Absolutely! Ask a shift worker who comes off night work. Like drunk only without the alcohol. Sun hurts the eyes. Slightly nauseated. Mind in fairyland. Says stupid things accidentally. Prone to accidents. This same person is absolutely superb when not sleep deprived. Just saying...

A little off topic....

Children say the darndest things....

Sleep deprived (my baby kept me awake ALL night) I was carry him down a flight of stairs and fell forward on the bottom step. Not wanting to drop the baby I fell back and landed on my bum, smashing my sacrum. Baby and me landed in a heap. Toddler (3 year old) alerted a neighbour and I was rushed to hospital in an ambulance.

Toddler went to 'Play School' the next day and told his teachers that his Mummy fell down the stairs, nearly squashed the baby and she broke her bum. The police came and took her away in a bus ! They were concerned !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo