Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emirates1957

emirates1957 Well-Known Member

Brilliantly said.

2. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Obsessor....re that email...a gazillion posts on pages before & following this one...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176053&page=41

3. Obsessor

Obsessor Member

Thanks Marly, I was hoping to find Olivias quote somewhere but couldn't find it on regular msm.
    Just wanted to give her the credit for having stated ONCE, at least, that they, (Ian and herself) hoped police could find the REAL perpetrator of this awful deed, once Gerard was acquitted.

Many thanks for tracking it down.

4. GEANIE

GEANIE New Member

Here is another case if any one interested,,,,a book,,,,,,'Perfect Stranger' by Kay Schubach..very typical of how women get drawn into this type of man...and give everything for them....why can they not see the danger....Kay survived......WAKE UP GIRLS.....there are men out there to do you over.....
    And some women to do you guys over too.....anyone remember Katherine Knight....what she did was beyound belief......I have been to the house where she butchered her boyfriend, cut his penis off and threw it in the front yard.....then chopped his head off, skinned his body and was stewing his head in a pot to make soup....it in a pot on the hot plate....when police arrived....meanwhile she had cooked steaks from his buttocks and dished it up for his kids to eat for dinner...........Evil woman....jealous and Nuts....

True story.....I drive past where she used to live once a week...funny thing the place has never sold.......wonder why!!!!!!!!

5. Obsessor

Obsessor Member

White collar, blue collar, male, female, it matters not. They are the wolves in grandmothers clothing. Very deceiving, and very good at it, and also good at hiding who they really are for a very long time.
    There are plenty of them out there, and the big lessons are to trust your gut instincts when something seems not right, and to have enough confidence in yourself to know its ok to walk away if things are not right.
    MOO MOO MOO

(absolutely no disrespect to Allison, who's only mistake was staying and trying to make it work, but sometimes that isn't the answer. More of us need to know its ok to admit it didn't work) again MOO

6. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Jumping off your post Dr W ... and please excuse me showing my ignorance with legal matters again, but a person can be a Crown Prosecutor and a defence barrister at the same time? I understand that is exactly what Peter Davis is, but I always thought they had to work on one side or the other. Would that not make people a little concerned about potential conflicts of interest or potential bias from case to case?

7. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

Perhaps I can suggest a reason South Aussie. Its about costs and the govt doesn't want to pay to employ full time senior barristers. It would cost too much. It is cheaper to employ on a job by job basis, the senior barristers they need to appear in court to represent the Crown to prosecute people charged with serious crimes.
    Any lawyer taking on a matter has to determine that they have no conflict of interest that precludes them from acting for their potential client.

Just because for eg Peter Davis has represented an accused person does not mean he can't represent the Crown and prosecute in a totally different case.

The benefit is that there is a number of senior barristers with wide experience in criminal matters available for the government to hire on top of their full time employed lawyers.

8. Humdinger

Humdinger Active Member

Zwiebel, good to see you in here! This is the case that originally brought me to WS and Bob's case is the first one I'm now following that's not Australian!

9. SouthAussie

Thanks for this info alioop. Interesting. I certainly can see the practicality and benefit of the Crown’s contracting of senior barristers on a case by case basis.

I guess I struggle a bit in believing that a person can keep changing hats like this, and can still consistently and always maintain an even perspective in each role. But evidently it is believed that they can. Maybe that is why senior barristers are senior barristers, they have more logical minds :)

While the Crown is benefiting from the wide experience of the defence barrister, the defence barrister is also benefiting by gaining more experience in prosecution and this said experience then expanding his skills and popularity in his private law business, I would think.

10. Liadan

Liadan Well-Known Member

July 1 was Allisons Birthday as well - but that probably slipped his mind.

11. SouthAussie

Sorry … this has been turning over in my mind …. guess I hadn’t really had cause to think about it before.

This document shows Danny Boyle as “Consultant Crown Prosecutor, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions”. So presumably Danny is also a senior barrister with a private practice who contracts to the Crown, although I can’t find anything that specifically says that he has a private practice.

http://files.qls.com.au/DVD/120503D.pdf

So, in essence, any trial that GBC may be committed to will be tried by two independent senior barristers who are both highly experienced in prosecutorial methods and thinking, as well as defence methods and thinking. One whose client happens to be the Crown, the other whose client happens to be the accused.

Could be quite a competitive trial!

12. alioop

I think that Danny Boyle is employed full time as a prosecutor. I couldn't find anything to suggest he has a private practice.

13. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

His mistress Toni McHugh allegedly told police that Mr Baden-Clay had told her he would "sort out his financial situation and they would be together by 1 July 2012".

Liadan, That's a terrible thing to say. Terrible, tragic, and true.
    I failed to recognize the significance of that date. Missed it amongst all the other abominable things.
    Of course he knew Allison's birthday.
    Did he care so little that for Allison that he even used her Birthday to define his newfound freedom for TMcH?
    Good heavens! I figured (judging by the diary entries) that GBC treated Allison like a bucket if dirt, and had done so for quite some time. Like he was slowly killing her in life, deliberately, relentlessly suffocating the very life out of her.
    But this; using Allison's birthday date, (to announce his freedom) about tops it.

Another proof positive of pre-meditated. IMO.

14. alioop

Good question to raise Obby. Those creditors can send a letter of demand for any debt that is overdue for payment. They have 6 years to file a court claim from the date the debt was due for payment. For now they would be sitting back and waiting to see what happens with the criminal charges as the money from the life insurances also hinges on the outcome.

GBC is unlikely to make a decision about bankruptcy until the results of the criminal charges are known. Bankruptcy can occur by the person filing for bankruptcy or a creditor can start bankruptcy proceedings. I am sure that some of the creditors would have obtained their own legal advice.

15. GEANIE

GEANIE New Member

It would have just been another sick, sick thing for him to do.....if he announced to Allison that he was going leave her on her birthday........that's how they put you down....all part of mental abuse and making one feel worthless...so it's your birthday.......'Business as Usual' I'll be out of here with my lover!!!!:banghead:

Hell on the way to heaven.......for Allison.

16. Obsessor

Obsessor Member

Thanks Alioop. Just wondering too, do the gentlemans agreements stand up in court? Do they carry the same weight as a more formal loan agreement? I presume there was something written and signed between the two parties at some stage- some form of contract??

I wonder if Toni will be likely to try to recoup her money????

17. alioop

The term gentlemen's agreement implies no written agreement but hopefully there is some evidence of an agreement . Even a simple IOU would be written evidence or a series of emails leading up to payment in a bank account would be evidence of a loan.

18. Obsessor

Obsessor Member

Thanks again alioop.

It would be tough for the creditors sitting back and watching the amounts of money that are being thrown towards "proving" the poor lads "innocence", knowing that if he is convicted, which looks highly likely, they dont stand to recoup their investments/loans at all.

Even if he is acquitted, there wont be much left will there? (Not that its likely.)

19. alioop

Yes I feel for the creditors too. They may have borrowed the funds and they still have to repay their loans. They have every right to pursue repayment.

20. Obsessor

Obsessor Member

Alioop, could you have a stab in the dark at what you think the legal costs, up to and including, a four day committal hearing could be? (presuming there are no more bomb threats)

I think I remember hearing that the bail hearing number 2 would have taken care of $30000 (estimate).

Also, is he only employing one legal team now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.