Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanzibar, I am thinking the same.
I think TM tucked her boys into bed, then went out to Brookfield to confront GBC , affairs, money, wife etc, and terrible things happened. ??? Allison is murdered.
TM , went to the conference the next day and had to go to bed early ? 3pm? TM was completely exhausted.

But why would she have confronted Allison now, after 3 1/2 years of not doing it? Why would TM have insisted on GBC telling Allison that she was going to be at the conference the next day, hence trying to avoid seeing her there? Why would TM have phoned GBC from the conference enquiring why Allison wasn't there? After TM found out that Allison had gone missing, she must have felt some guilt and drained by the whole situation. I feel like having a nap every single day at around 3 pm, buy I'm at work and can't sleep then.

I wish I could double or triple thank you Case Closed :)

BTW HRH..... I am making no moral judgement here about TM, almost everyone I know has been there done that from one side or another.... I am merely intrigued by some of her actions and those of QPS. Completely agree with the comments about her state of mind & forgetting things, can also see how she might be trying to protect him, love does make us do funnynthings, but I still get the feeling there's more to hear about TM than we know at this point.

wellll. the thing is.. Toni isnt the woman scorned.. right up until his arrest, Toni believed she was in a committed relationship.. I think she still believes she is in that relationship..... so much so, I have a bet with my local bookie that should he be convicted, she will apply for a conjugal visit before the cell door clanks... Gerard didnt scorn her.. in her eyes, the QPS took him from her.

I hope they dont give him back to her, either.. ( just sayin...)

We have to asume that she has not had contact with him since his arrest, because she is a witness (9 months or so). If he is convicted, that's probably another 9 months or more from now. Would she be able to forget about him in that time? I think she will. She is probably now, knowing that he will stand trial, dealing with her own emotions and struggling to come to the realisation that he probably did kill Allison. And if he is convicted by a jury, then she will have to accept that he is a murderer and that could have happened to her too. I don't think she is dumb.

[QUOTE=CaseClosed;9080496 Why would TM have insisted on GBC telling Allison that she was going to be at the conference the next day, hence trying to avoid seeing her there?

Why would TM have phoned GBC from the conference enquiring why Allison wasn't there?
( edited by me)

I think she wanted some sign of respect... she spoke about this respect thing, in her emails to Bruce Overland.. I think it was a big deal to Toni.. getting Gerard to obey her on this one thing was a bit of a sudden obsession... she said she felt ' sick' over that, , I believe that she did.

ringing Gerard was , as I see it, about just how far our fantasies can lead us on.. she would have checked if Allison was there the moment she arrived at it.. no Kate Rankin there, either.. I see Toni thrilled to bits about it, she rang him to tell him that, not to enquire why Allison wasnt there.. ...but.. when he answered the phone that Friday 1.30pm she immediately knew there was trouble , his voice was devastated..

and in giving Gerard a bit of a boost, I think he said to her the only true thing he ever did say to her.. he said... 'I really dont think we should be talking'....

But why would she have confronted Allison now, after 3 1/2 years of not doing it? Why would TM have insisted on GBC telling Allison that she was going to be at the conference the next day, hence trying to avoid seeing her there? Why would TM have phoned GBC from the conference enquiring why Allison wasn't there? After TM found out that Allison had gone missing, she must have felt some guilt and drained by the whole situation. I feel like having a nap every single day at around 3 pm, buy I'm at work and can't sleep then.

I agree that TM was doing everything in her power to be in a permanent relationship with GBC, but in a non confrontational manner. She left her own partner early in the affair due to guilt (by her own admission). I do not believe that TM is involved in the disappearance of Allison. MOO.

Was thinking she might have turned up thinking Alison was still at the hairdressers or somewhere, to convince him to stop her going the next day. As for the phone call, I guess it could have been about anything, we've only been told she was asking after ABC.

Really I'm just trying to explore other possibilities and landed upon TM because things just weren't adding up in my mind with her statements & actions. Agreeing to a platonic affair? After already being caught? Intimate only twice? I just don't believe it. And the saying nothing in the cab until they got to a hotel room seemed very calculated. As did forgetting to mention that meeting.

Maybe it's nothing.

MOO.

Jocelyn Frost, who knew them both very well , Toni put Jocelyn in a sort of counsellor position re Toni and the great romance... and on a daily basis, said that Toni 'cannot cope without Gerard'... it was a strange remark to read in a stat dec, I thought...

I just dont see Toni ' forgetting about Gerard ' any time soon.

of course, it would be better if she did.. but I doubt if thats her opinion.

I hope this post doesn't get missed (Marly where are you?) but what purpose would it serve if one one the witnesses last week didnt use their real name?
Is there a chance that someone didn't use their real name?? :what:

Excellent point. Why would TM call to find out why Allison wasn't at the conference?

I agree totally. The defence will try to create doubt anyway. They could have been trying to rile her up, get her to blow up, thus showing that she's volatile and it could have been her who killed Allison. They could be trying to highlight that her memory isn't that good so she may have been mistaken about certain things. They're cunning like that.

I can understand the defence wanting to point out that TMs truths got more revealing after finding about the other affairs, I can understand why they want to place emphasis on her poor ability to recall dates and specifics of past events. It's their job, they are getting paid well to even cause the slightest doubt.

Though in fairness and to be completely unbiased, I am surprised that people have mentioned their surprise in her not writing things down, I can imagine how guilty I would look expecting to recall details of things at the time had no great significance. Time goes so fast that I sometimes look back at the previous month and wonder if I achieved anything at all, though if I wrote everything down as I went, I would see how much I actually got done. I don't write things down... unless they seem very important or relevant. Unless trying to conceive a child I can't ever imagine writing down when I was 'with' my partner, do people REALLY do that? I had no idea!

I also think it's only fair that when under pressure your mind fails you, just as an example: has anyone seen a suspicious car and repeated the number plate over in your head and just as you go to write it down you lose it. The mind lets us down sometimes, it doesn't mean we are hiding things.

she doesnt say in any of her statements that she called to find out why Allison wasnt at the conference.. she just says she called him.

I make the inference that she called him because she was thrilled to the core that Allison wasnt at the conference and wanted to tell Gerard how thrilled she was..

If GBC & TM's relationship was a codependancy type thing then that is very sad for her. People like GBC tend to have that affect. If this is the case then TM will be feeling lost without him. Many people have life long struggle with it. The 'strong' one makes the other think they can not live or survive without them. If you are codependant and the person is taken from you then you could be a real mess. that could explain alot. Their minds have been messed with and wouldn't be surprised if the memory is not entirely accurate.

GBC might be hoping he can still have this affect on her from behind bars.

Can anyone help me with a quick link to photos of witnesses coming out of court please. Elise Nielsen, wearing sunglasses and a hat?

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226595359813

I can only find this link - "10.26am: Witness Elise Nielsen said she rang Baden-Clay on April 20, after hearing Allison was missing.

"I said 'what's happened, where would she be?'," she said.

"He said 'she went for her normal 10 o'clock walk ... and hasn't come back'.

"My reaction was '10 o'clock, does she always walk at 10 o'clock?'.

"And he said 'yes'."

Mr Davis said Baden-Clay told police he had last seen her at 10pm when he went to bed and assumed she had gone for a walk in the morning.

He asked Ms Nielsen whether she could have gotten that confused.

"I thought he had said she went for her normal 10 o'clock walk and didn't come back," she said.

"It's a possibility."

The court heard she then asked if Allison had been taking her medication.

"You were thinking she had done something to herself," Mr Davis said.

"It crossed my mind," she replied.

Jocelyn Frost, who knew them both very well , Toni put Jocelyn in a sort of counsellor position re Toni and the great romance... and on a daily basis, said that Toni 'cannot cope without Gerard'... it was a strange remark to read in a stat dec, I thought...

I just dont see Toni ' forgetting about Gerard ' any time soon.

of course, it would be better if she did.. but I doubt if thats her opinion.

For her sake, and her sons' wellbeing, I hope she does forget about him now.

I just had a thought - I wonder if the Insurance policies were paid by credit card, the card hadn't been paid sine January and was maxed out, by April last year the bank would have stopped all payments from the card{s). I wonder if the insurer had contact GBC around April 19th last year and said that unless the arrears were bought up to date the policies would be forfeited. so GBC paniced and saw his only way out as drying up, and it all came to a head when Allison came home.

Zanzibar, I am thinking the same.
I think TM tucked her boys into bed, then went out to Brookfield to confront GBC , affairs, money, wife etc, and terrible things happened. ??? Allison is murdered.
TM , went to the conference the next day and had to go to bed early ? 3pm? TM was completely exhausted.

have to respectflly disagree Aunty, it does eem somewhat farfetched that it took place.

Judging by the TM we've seen, I doubt she could hold anything together under interrogation from the police.

She got herself into a dreadful mess that kept getting worse and worse. I doubt we'll see much of her again. A little at the trial, and then she'll disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann