Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a sad thought looking back on 12 months ago - I hope Allison's family know a lot of people in Australia and around the world still remember Allison's name, still believe in justice, and will cherish life that little bit more because of her. I feel quite uneasy thinking this would have been Allison's last week alive 12 months ago. :(

I hope the person (or people) responsible for Allison's death, and those who know what happened to her and are too gutless to speak the truth, don't sleep a wink this week.

Strangeworld, thank you for your post. There is no doubt that the lives of Allison's close family changed just so dramatically, and they can only try to continue their lives in a positive way in the face of the 'wheels of justice' turning.

In still waiting to hear of a trial date, we Websleuthers seem to keep 'wrapping' our minds around the event in an effort to come up with some proof of what happened to Allison. In doing this, the charges against GBC in my opinion do not look good for him:

Strong motives;
Forensic evidence to support alternative explanations to his regarding marks on his face, hand and body;
Forensic evidence to support no suicide;
Hundreds of witnesses in the case against him;
Lies told by him;
Two bail refusals;
Committal to trial by a Magistrate having heard some of the evidence;

He and his sister have proclaimed he is not guilty; A Solicitor and a Barrister have been engaged to represent his case of innocence and have made the comment following the Committal: "Mr Baden-Clay's solicitor Darren Mahony said he was of the view that evidence against his client had been ‘‘significantly weakened’’ through the cross-examination of witnesses during the hearing." http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...to-stand-trial-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html
......... remains to be seen.

I have been on jury service a few times. Years ago for a murder and most recently for a much less serious crime. It amazed me how much direction we were given by the Judge - 45 minutes of it - like we were idiots and he had to spell out EVERYTHING to us. That was in a trial so minor, it was actually a waste of time. So I imagine that it will be quite a sermon that GBC's jury will get from the Judge when the time comes.

Maybe cause we have so many ignorant people on jurors, and in general, here in the US, Judge was just being careful...

Maybe cause we have so many ignorant people on jurors, and in general, here in the US, Judge was just being careful...

Pathetically , " just being careful " has caused catastrophic consequences for the murdered beautiful women in our society.
Look at the past here around Brisbane, the witnesses to terrible crimes against women , acted "being careful " and screams, begging, asking for help have been ignored by ignorant people. Re: the Sydney nurses who were murdered, and I'll never forget Sharon Phillops , who asked for help, but was ignored. Many many more, it's so not right to see distress and think" be careful" and not protect and help our innocent neighbours. :furious:

Pathetically , " just being careful " has caused catastrophic consequences for the murdered beautiful women in our society.
Look at the past here around Brisbane, the witnesses to terrible crimes against women , acted "being careful " and screams, begging, asking for help have been ignored by ignorant people. Re: the Sydney nurses who were murdered, and I'll never forget Sharon Phillops , who asked for help, but was ignored. Many many more, it's so not right to see distress and think" be careful" and not protect and help our innocent neighbours. :furious:

I agree Aunty- so many cries for help by too many tragic victims of crime. Screams heard that night in April last year- Sharron Phillips in 1985 asking for help at Wacol Army Barracks and being turned away 'No phones here!' after running put of petrol. Two young nurses murdered at Murphy's Creek in the 70s. So many witnesses now telling their stories of seeing things 'not quite right' but not acting. I would hope I never will live with the guilt of seeing but not acting. I really hope someone who saw something in April last year is going to be allowed to tell their story- those cars - that roundabout- that bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear