Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #45

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zanzibar

Zanzibar New Member

2. Humdinger

Humdinger Active Member

3. Couldbe

Couldbe New Member

Strangeworld, thank you for your post. There is no doubt that the lives of Allison's close family changed just so dramatically, and they can only try to continue their lives in a positive way in the face of the 'wheels of justice' turning.

In still waiting to hear of a trial date, we Websleuthers seem to keep 'wrapping' our minds around the event in an effort to come up with some proof of what happened to Allison. In doing this, the charges against GBC in my opinion do not look good for him:

Strong motives;
    Forensic evidence to support alternative explanations to his regarding marks on his face, hand and body;
    Forensic evidence to support no suicide;
    Hundreds of witnesses in the case against him;
    Lies told by him;
    Two bail refusals;
    Committal to trial by a Magistrate having heard some of the evidence;

He and his sister have proclaimed he is not guilty; A Solicitor and a Barrister have been engaged to represent his case of innocence and have made the comment following the Committal: "Mr Baden-Clay's solicitor Darren Mahony said he was of the view that evidence against his client had been ‘‘significantly weakened’’ through the cross-examination of witnesses during the hearing." http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...to-stand-trial-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html
    ......... remains to be seen.

4. Straitfan

Straitfan Former Member

Maybe cause we have so many ignorant people on jurors, and in general, here in the US, Judge was just being careful...

5. Aunty

Aunty New Member

Pathetically , " just being careful " has caused catastrophic consequences for the murdered beautiful women in our society.
    Look at the past here around Brisbane, the witnesses to terrible crimes against women , acted "being careful " and screams, begging, asking for help have been ignored by ignorant people. Re: the Sydney nurses who were murdered, and I'll never forget Sharon Phillops , who asked for help, but was ignored. Many many more, it's so not right to see distress and think" be careful" and not protect and help our innocent neighbours. :furious:

6. Crime and punishment

Crime and punishment Member

I agree Aunty- so many cries for help by too many tragic victims of crime. Screams heard that night in April last year- Sharron Phillips in 1985 asking for help at Wacol Army Barracks and being turned away 'No phones here!' after running put of petrol. Two young nurses murdered at Murphy's Creek in the 70s. So many witnesses now telling their stories of seeing things 'not quite right' but not acting. I would hope I never will live with the guilt of seeing but not acting. I really hope someone who saw something in April last year is going to be allowed to tell their story- those cars - that roundabout- that bridge?

7. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.