Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point would a normal woman turn and walk away?
I'm reading TMcH statements and she really didn't get it, did she.
I'm actually thinking GBC couldn't get rid of her
She'd wait till after 2.30 to contact her GG because that was the time Allison had left the office.
GG told her Allison was missing & she said 'I can't feel guilty about that can I?
He said no, no, no!

WOW it seems it's all about her.

It is very possible that no immediate or extended family members of either family physically participated in the search.

My point was that the Dickie family and friends were at the command post each day hoping and waiting for news that Allison had been found.

Presumably they answered questions, consented to interviews and provided statements. They co operated while in the grip of one of the most tragic of situations a family can find themselves.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ve-interviews-during-effort-to-solve-death-of

Quote from article

The parents of GBC refused requests for further information and interviews during the massive effort to solve the death of Allison police claim in court documents.
NBC has provided a BRIEF statement about contact AFTER 6.30 am Friday.

The question I have is what reason would there be to refuse requests for further information and be interviewed regarding events before 6.30am Friday?

Oops Amee was typing while you were posting

Maybe they actually did provide statements and did tell the police everything they knew? At the point that Policeman Roddick made that statement quoted in the Courier Mail to the affect that the BCs weren't co-operating the police were still maintaining that there was a Facetime call which the BCs hadn't told them about. This was later admitted by the police during the second bail application to have been a "mistake". I suggest that you read this link again in the light of the withdrawn Facetime allegation and you will see how determined to malign the BCs the police were; http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...-documents-claim/story-e6frfkvr-1226413294650

What other "mistakes" may have been made that have cast the BCs in such a poor light? I think that many of you have a very trusting attitude towards the police that you would do well to consider in the light of the many cases and enquiries where corruption and malpractice by police has been established. The trial will tell!

Maybe they actually did provide statements and did tell the police everything they knew? At the point that Policeman Roddick made that statement quoted in the Courier Mail to the affect that the BCs weren't co-operating the police were still maintaining that there was a Facetime call which the BCs hadn't told them about. This was later admitted by the police during the second bail application to have been a "mistake". I suggest that you read this link again in the light of the withdrawn Facetime allegation and you will see how determined to malign the BCs the police were; http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...-documents-claim/story-e6frfkvr-1226413294650

What other "mistakes" may have been made that have cast the BCs in such a poor light? I think that many of you have a very trusting attitude towards the police that you would do well to consider in the light of the many cases and enquiries where corruption and malpractice by police has been established. The trial will tell!

BBM
It certainly will. Bring on June!

I truly hope you are not equating the forensic processing of a facetime call with corruption and malpractice? That's a massive leap IMO.

To be honest, the information provided by police had very little to do with my perceptions of the BCs since Allison's disappearance was first reported in MSM. It was my own observations of their behaviour, their actions, and their inactions that led me to my own conclusions. It has never entered my mind that the police working on this case are corrupt. That might make me gullible in some people's eyes, but I trust my instincts, and use my own observations.

As for passing judgement on the BCs, I sure do! And I'm proud to admit it. And to be honest, I am personally feeling mighty judged on this thread tonight.

I truly hope you are not equating the forensic processing of a facetime call with corruption and malpractice? That's a massive leap IMO.

To be honest, the information provided by police had very little to do with my perceptions of the BCs since Allison's disappearance was first reported in MSM. It was my own observations of their behaviour, their actions, and their inactions that led me to my own conclusions. It has never entered my mind that the police working on this case are corrupt. That might make me gullible in some people's eyes, but I trust my instincts, and use my own observations.

As for passing judgement on the BCs, I sure do! And I'm proud to admit it. And to be honest, I am personally feeling mighty judged on this thread tonight.

I am with you strangeworld

If you care to read the bail application documents LF, you will discover the story in relation to the facetime phone-call 'false positive' - it was apparently a software problem (Israeli IT). Once alerted by QPS, a new version of the software extraction program was released to worldwide LE, correcting the IT glitch.

I don't see that as having anything to do with QPS and the BC family per se, rather DPP/QPS and a man who had been charged with murder; namely GBC.

We can berate ourselves if we want to, however it was this error presented at the last minute that overwhelmingly stopped someone from getting out on bail and possibly absconding as a flight risk. I for one cheered on Danny Boyle at the time and have no regrets for doing so.

Quote from bail docs) - Lawfully intercepted telephone calls on one of the defendants phone lines supports that the defendant used his parents to assist him in covertly contacting TMH on his behalf.

........ lycheefarmer, you would have an opinion on this fact which you may like to share with us.

Lycheefarmer, what do you see as the facts for the case? If what we have been discussing on this thread seem way off for you, what do you think is the truth? It always helps if people have differing opinions to put all cards on the table, and not just put down what others believe.

Things G did to actively assist the police during the search:
  • gave different versions of Allison's walking route to his sister, neighbour and the first officers in attendance to make sure the police searched everywhere he could think of
  • wrote a car off on way to give statement because he was jumping out of his skin with anticipation
  • told TM to 'lay low' so she wouldn't bother them

Lycheefarmer, what do you see as the facts for the case? If what we have been discussing on this thread seem way off for you, what do you think is the truth? It always helps if people have differing opinions to put all cards on the table, and not just put down what others believe.

Left field opinions are thought provoking when backed up and are constructive. So please Lychee help us along with your thoughts and knowledge here. Evidence such as phone records, IT and DNA etc etc are always time consuming to complete. All takes time and can be frustratingly slow. Thus the wait of two years for the trial but I'm looking forward to all the new evidence because there is a reason GBC is still in gaol. They ain't letting go yet!
Obviously OW knows something about the 'truth' so bring it on.

:goodpost:

At what point would a normal woman turn and walk away?
I'm reading TMcH statements and she really didn't get it, did she.
I'm actually thinking GBC couldn't get rid of her
She'd wait till after 2.30 to contact her GG because that was the time Allison had left the office.
GG told her Allison was missing & she said 'I can't feel guilty about that can I?
He said no, no, no!

WOW it seems it's all about her.

BBM I completely agree, TGY!!

TMcH strikes me as almost adolescent in her behaviours and romanticisation of GBC. Reading the cliché lines he fed her about why he was still with his wife stuns me, as they were obviously just that - lines.

"Ms McHugh said Baden-Clay told her he could not afford a divorce, because of business issues.

"He was not in a financial position to afford a divorce," she said."

http://www.qt.com.au/news/baden-clays-three-other-women-baden-clays-affairs-/1796964/

Please. What kind of mature woman falls for that? Her egotism and her idealisation of GBC imply a suspended emotional development IMO.

On another note, it sickens me to read her statements. Not once did she think about what she was doing to another woman - Allison. :facepalm: Betrayal of the sisterhood, big time. (another common adolescent theme that is hopefully worked through by her age!!)

From lycheefarmer's post - Quote: "As a contrarian who studied a little law following this case from a distance it is clear that the problem here is a rush to judgement and desire to demonise. Why not let justice take its course?"

My question to Lycheefarmer........ Quote: " ...do you really believe that GBC and his family have told the Police all they know ....... or do you think they might give new information at the Trial?"

Lycheefarmer answered: ...... Quote: "Well I wouldn't know! But I wonder why based on your own final question you wouldn't just wait till the trial yourself. That's the way our system works."

My opinion of that is: If the Trial brings forth 'new' information from the BC family, then why would they have previously withheld it from the Legal Authorities? They would find themselves in a situation where they would be seen to have purposely waited to see if 'SOMEONE' was arrested and tried ...... deciding to wait until the Trial to reveal it (this withholding of information could be viewed as a crime in itself!), especially when it has been recorded that Detectives sought further interviews from them.
OR the 'new information' could then be seen to be fabricated.

TMcH strikes me as almost adolescent in her behaviours and romanticisation of GBC. Reading the cliché lines he fed her about why he was still with his wife stuns me, as they were obviously just that - lines.

"Ms McHugh said Baden-Clay told her he could not afford a divorce, because of business issues.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/baden-clays-three-other-women-baden-clays-affairs-/1796964/

Please. What kind of mature woman falls for that? Her egotism and her idealisation of GBC imply a suspended emotional development IMO.

On another note, it sickens me to read her statements. Not once did she think about what she was doing to another woman - Allison. :facepalm: Betrayal of the sisterhood, big time. (another common adolescent theme that is hopefully worked through by her age!!)

I agree that TMH was clutching at something that wasn't there. She wouldn't take no for an answer. That seems more like need than love. And sadly, I don't think she will ever work through past adolescence. I heard her at the committal and even then she was in denial that it was over. Can see her now - visiting GBC in prison for the next 15 years, waiting... waiting.:waiting::waiting::waiting:

I guess in sisterhood we should be feeling sorry for this poor lost soul. Then again, maybe not.

Hiya Isis! :seeya:

I totally agree. Immature and trying too hard. It's like she fell for the image and not the man. Maybe I'm too suspicious, but the minute Allison disappeared, I would have run a mile....straight to the police station to give a statement and dump GBC's butt ASAP!

I agree that TMH was clutching at something that wasn't there. She wouldn't take no for an answer. That seems more like need than love. And sadly, I don't think she will ever work through past adolescence. I heard her at the committal and even then she was in denial that it was over. Can see her now - visiting GBC in prison for the next 15 years, waiting... waiting.:waiting::waiting::waiting:

I guess in sisterhood we should be feeling sorry for this poor lost soul. Then again, maybe not.

BBM Yup, I hear you!!:seeya:

It's very hard to feel any compassion for her. Okay, I understand she was having an affair with the guy (and loads of people have affairs) but for the wife to DIE and then to still be mooching around after him......:facepalm:

If it were me (and I wouldn't have done it in the beginning) I would have felt SO guilty if the man's wife had died.......OMG! She's displayed no remorse.

But she is not me, not us, not like anyone I know. And absolutely, she's not going past adolescence now. She's stuck.

And I totally agree, it's all about need. None of it is love.:twocents:

One thing is for sure... Toni isn't visiting, contacting or being contacted by anyone connected to or associated with Gorgeous Guy. Because she is the Prosecution witness, and it would severely compromise the defence if she did and bring a whole lot of trouble on her head from the really powerful, the State Prosecutor... so she has had to go cold turkey on Gerard from the moment she became that.

hard times,ey?? enough to put wrinkle on the brow.

From lycheefarmer's post - Quote: "As a contrarian who studied a little law following this case from a distance it is clear that the problem here is a rush to judgement and desire to demonise. Why not let justice take its course?"

My question to Lycheefarmer........ Quote: " ...do you really believe that GBC and his family have told the Police all they know ....... or do you think they might give new information at the Trial?"

Lycheefarmer answered: ...... Quote: "Well I wouldn't know! But I wonder why based on your own final question you wouldn't just wait till the trial yourself. That's the way our system works."

My opinion of that is: If the Trial brings forth 'new' information from the BC family, then why would they have previously withheld it from the Legal Authorities? They would find themselves in a situation where they would be seen to have purposely waited to see if 'SOMEONE' was arrested and tried ...... deciding to wait until the Trial to reveal it (this withholding of information could be viewed as a crime in itself!), especially when it has been recorded that Detectives sought further interviews from them.
OR the 'new information' could then be seen to be fabricated.

I agree, CouldBe. The BCs very early in the case refused to talk to the police after one interview. This was when their daughter-in-law and mother of their grandchildren was missing. Most people in this situation would volunteer all information they had to help in any way. It was either putting their emotions ("how annoying for us to be in this situation" OR "our family name may suffer") first ahead of Allison's safety OR they had something to hide. Even if it was just the first reason this was selfish.

A cop wouldn't have to tell me twice not to load a vacuum cleaner
Yes sir occifer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members