Amanda Knox Discussion-Friendly Thread

She retracted the accusation that very day, then again the next day. It's not her fault that the police and Mignini refused to listen to her. Don't forget that Lumumba being the killer was the police's theory - they believed it before they made Amanda sign the accusatory statements, as was clearly stated by police chief De Felice. They had a witness (falsely) state Lumumba's bar was closed earlier in the evening. They (falsely) claimed Lumumba had switched phones after the murder and lied about it. They (falsely) claimed Lumumba couldn't give a good explanation for why his bar's first receipt was stamped ca 22:30 if there were customers there earlier. And when a Swiss professor came to Perugia to give Lumumba an alibi, they got a "tip" that (falsely) said the professor was a criminal. Nothing of this came from Amanda - it was all the police's doing, and it's documented. When the depth of their error was evident, Amanda became a convenient scape goat.

On the contrary, she repeated her accusation and it is precisely on this that the court will now rule on.

I cannot see, sorry. Can you read all the Italian documents you linked?

Yes, but most of the pertinent info should be in the motivations report, which has been translated to English. It's a short read, but it shows a. just how weak the case was against them and b. that most of the evidence and accusations against Patrick didn't come from Amanda's signed statement.

On the contrary, she repeated her accusation and it is precisely on this that the court will now rule on.

Not at all. This is the first one, from the very same day. I suppose that if you take some sentences out of context and squint the retraction may not be immediately obvious. Not so for the second one from the next day, which is a clear refutation of her signed statements. If the court is sane, she will be acquitted. Amanda (and Raffaele) was the victim of atrocious police work. This is not the first or the last time incompetent police officers have pulled a false confession or accusation out of an innocent person, and I hope we can someday reach a point where we don't blame the victim for it.

Very detailed. It's almost as if you were there. JMO. Let's hope the truth comes out at this trial.

Thankfully the records are numerous and detailed enough that I don't have to have been there to know what happened. It's actually the same with the murder itself, going through everything it becomes extremely clear. And I do think the truth is out by now, this is just a formality (or possibly another completely nutty ruling from an Italian court, but I have faith).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back