Amanda Knox Discussion-Friendly Thread

ok she was doing a hand stand or some other goofy stuff it's on video and everyone has seen it,

can you imagine going a cross town with a mop? it's just ridiculous even Durchowitz has said she would have been found guilty here. 100 percent. all the facts are available and many of them can swing towards guilt.

it is my understanding that it also wasn't Amanda's first staged break in.

mOO

ok she was doing a hand stand or some other goofy stuff it's on video and everyone has seen it,

can you imagine going a cross town with a mop? it's just ridiculous even Durchowitz has said she would have been found guilty here. 100 percent. all the facts are available and many of them can swing towards guilt.

it is my understanding that it also wasn't Amanda's first staged break in.

mOO

So you've confused the case with Jodi Arias. Again, this is my point. A woman's life has been dragged through the mud by sleezy tabloids, leaking law enforcement and singleminded prosecutors, and people are still proclaiming her guilt based on "facts" from an entirely different case!

Interesting that Derschowitz has an opinion here. I wonder what he's been up to lately...

no not Jodi Arias, there is footage of Amanda at the police station with Rafael. mOO

"Anyone with eyes" may see what they want, but anyone who has read the casefiles knows the truth.

No one was running around with mops in the middle of the night. Amanda took a mop from her flat because Raffaele didn't have one in his home (the "rich white kid" had maidservice) and the two returned it when they went back to check if there had actually been a break-in. This was between 11 and 12 in the morning, so not in the middle of the night.

Raffaele never said he "stabbed" at Meredith. It's a passage from his prison diary where he speculates he may have pricked her during a cooking session because he had no idea how her DNA could have gotten on the blade otherwise.

And as we now know, that's because the knife in question wasn't the murder weapon. It didn't fit the wounds, it didn't fit the bloody outline on the sheet, the idea that it was transported from Raffaele's apartment to be used in a murder and then returned is ludicrous, it was taken as evidence on a whim by a police officer who didn't know the shape of the murder weapon, it was tested negative for blood and only got a positive hit for DNA when the incompetent forensic scientist did a LCN test without the lab being qualified and with no safeguards against contamination.

Amanda and Raffaele were tested for drugs. The tests were negative.

She didn't do cartwheels in the police station.

They "stood around outside" (along with all the others) because the police had ordered them to. Like with most things, doing what the police said gained them little.

And yet there are no traces of a clean-up. That was the whole point of the luminol tests: to find those traces. And nothing was found.

It's 2022, the case has been settled for seven years. Essentially all the information, the interviews, the phone logs, the forensic data, everything is available online. I do think it's rather irresponsible to spread misinformation about living people who have been publicly exonerated.
How about the clean up of the floor?

Highly detailed.

1. The Luminol revealed blood stains on the floor in various rooms suggest that someone cleaned some of the blood stains on the floor.

How about the clean up of the floor?

Highly detailed.

1. The Luminol revealed blood stains on the floor in various rooms suggest that someone cleaned some of the blood stains on the floor.
Except the stains and traces revealed by the luminol were tested negative for blood. In the document (slide 63) prepared by the prosecution, these traces were noted as "presumed blood", but defense expert Gino revealed in the first trial that the prosecution had withheld the negative tests.

If there was blood in the hallway or elsewhere outside the murder room (where no clean up had been attempted) that had been cleaned up, we would expect to see streaks and trails (like here). But these don't appear. Only a handful of naked footprints that were (again) not made in blood.

The truth is that the only blood in the hallway was a few fading partial prints from one of Rudy's shoes, so faint no one saw them until forensics arrived. In the bathroom there were some drops of diluted blood and a partial naked footprint from Rudy (that Raffaele pointed out to the police). Where would the clean-up have taken place and why was no trace found of it?

Nah, she can't take credit for something she didn't come up with. That's be the Perugia police.
Amanda accused Diya Lumumba of murdering Meredith at the cottage.

It’s true that two of Amanda’s such statements were not allowed out by the Italian Supreme Court. However, Amanda repeated the accusation, in a note that she wrote to the police on 6 November.

This note was not thrown out by the Italian Supreme Court, and it was admitted as evidence.

In her 6 November note Amanda claimed to have seen Diya Lumumba (1) at the basketball court at Piazza Grimana; and (2) outside her front door.

He was actually at his bar.

Amanda’s supporters claim that she confessed to a lesser role in Meredith’s murder, and blamed Diya Lumumba, because she had been “smacked around” or put under pressure by the police.

But the real reason she had to say she was at the cottage was because she was informed that Raffaele Sollecito was no longer providing her with an alibi.

Raffaele had been confronted with phone records, and was now claiming that she was not with him the whole evening, and that she had only returned at 1.00 am. Amanda did not attempt to refute Raffaele’s claim, but now admitted that she had been at the cottage.

The significance of this about-turn cannot be stressed enough.

(Incidentally, Raffaele was also claiming that he had lied, because he had believed Amanda’s version of what happened and not thought about the inconsistencies. He is acknowledging that Amanda’s version had inconsistencies.)

If it had been true that Amanda had been “smacked around” by the police during questioning, why haven’t her lawyers ever filed a complaint? It was very telling that Amanda dropped her allegation of being hit by the police at her recent court hearing, and instead just claimed she had been put under pressure.

There’s a world of difference between police brutality and being put under pressure. It wasn’t the first time that Amanda has made a false and malicious accusation, as Diya Lumumba knows only too well.

Amanda accused Diya Lumumba of murdering Meredith at the cottage.

It’s true that two of Amanda’s such statements were not allowed out by the Italian Supreme Court. However, Amanda repeated the accusation, in a note that she wrote to the police on 6 November.

This note was not thrown out by the Italian Supreme Court, and it was admitted as evidence.

In her 6 November note Amanda claimed to have seen Diya Lumumba (1) at the basketball court at Piazza Grimana; and (2) outside her front door.

He was actually at his bar.

It's just baffling to me that people still make this claim when Amanda's note from Nov 6 2007 is readily available. It is in no way a "repeated accusation", and only one of supreme dishonesty could claim so.

As a bonus, here is the note written the very next day. Also a retraction.

Amanda’s supporters claim that she confessed to a lesser role in Meredith’s murder, and blamed Diya Lumumba, because she had been “smacked around” or put under pressure by the police.

But the real reason she had to say she was at the cottage was because she was informed that Raffaele Sollecito was no longer providing her with an alibi.

Raffaele had been confronted with phone records, and was now claiming that she was not with him the whole evening, and that she had only returned at 1.00 am. Amanda did not attempt to refute Raffaele’s claim, but now admitted that she had been at the cottage.

Not true. Raffaele had been badgered into getting the day of the murder confused with the day before. He was refused a calendar to check which day was Wednesday, and which day was Thursday. The problem was that his description of Thursday matched the description of Wednesday, when Amanda went out to Halloween parties, and was nothing like what happened on Thursday. But all he knew was that Amanda worked Thursdays and he didn't remember her telling him she'd gotten the night off.

The significance of this about-turn cannot be stressed enough.

(Incidentally, Raffaele was also claiming that he had lied, because he had believed Amanda’s version of what happened and not thought about the inconsistencies. He is acknowledging that Amanda’s version had inconsistencies.)

If it had been true that Amanda had been “smacked around” by the police during questioning, why haven’t her lawyers ever filed a complaint? It was very telling that Amanda dropped her allegation of being hit by the police at her recent court hearing, and instead just claimed she had been put under pressure.

The police and prosecutor threatened charges against friends and family of Amanda making the claim. This is the same people that arrested a reporter for criticizing them and leaned on Google to shut down his blog. Can you fault Amanda for picking her battles?

There’s a world of difference between police brutality and being put under pressure. It wasn’t the first time that Amanda has made a false and malicious accusation, as Diya Lumumba knows only too well.

Ah, truejustice. This was untrue in 2008, and it is untrue now. This blog is still active, bizarrely enough, currently reproducing Mignini's extended whine fest.

It's just baffling to me that people still make this claim when Amanda's note from Nov 6 2007 is readily available. It is in no way a "repeated accusation", and only one of supreme dishonesty could claim so.

As a bonus, here is the note written the very next day. Also a retraction.

Not true. Raffaele had been badgered into getting the day of the murder confused with the day before. He was refused a calendar to check which day was Wednesday, and which day was Thursday. The problem was that his description of Thursday matched the description of Wednesday, when Amanda went out to Halloween parties, and was nothing like what happened on Thursday. But all he knew was that Amanda worked Thursdays and he didn't remember her telling him she'd gotten the night off.

The police and prosecutor threatened charges against friends and family of Amanda making the claim. This is the same people that arrested a reporter for criticizing them and leaned on Google to shut down his blog. Can you fault Amanda for picking her battles?

Ah, truejustice. This was untrue in 2008, and it is untrue now. This blog is still active, bizarrely enough, currently reproducing Mignini's extended whine fest.
Some people seem to make a very nice living out of an "extended whine fest", wouldn't you say?

Even when it was clear it was to the detriment of Meredith's family who've always found it greatly upsetting. That never deterred them.

Some people seem to make a very nice living out of an "extended whine fest", wouldn't you say?

Mignini? He might, though he always seemed more like a fanatic than a grifter to me. It can't be easy, seeing conspiracies everywhere.

Even when it was clear it was to the detriment of Meredith's family who've always found it greatly upsetting. That never deterred them.

Deterred them from what? Ultimately it was Mignini, Comodi, Napoleoni, Giobbi and Maresca that failed the Kerchers, by going with an illogical and badly evidenced theory of the crime that fell apart in court. That there is a question mark due to the very expected separation of Guede from the trial of the others is wholly the fault of the prosecutors. I don't blame the Kerchers for falling for it - it must have seemed convincing at the time - but it doesn't require Amanda and Raffaele being quiet about the very real injustice that befell them.

Mignini? He might, though he always seemed more like a fanatic than a grifter to me. It can't be easy, seeing conspiracies everywhere.

Deterred them from what? Ultimately it was Mignini, Comodi, Napoleoni, Giobbi and Maresca that failed the Kerchers, by going with an illogical and badly evidenced theory of the crime that fell apart in court. That there is a question mark due to the very expected separation of Guede from the trial of the others is wholly the fault of the prosecutors. I don't blame the Kerchers for falling for it - it must have seemed convincing at the time - but it doesn't require Amanda and Raffaele being quiet about the very real injustice that befell them.
I was clearly not referring to Mignini.

Oh, I know. But Mignini's the one who's been whining about this for almost a decade now, inventing novel conspiracy theories about how he lost. And unlike Amanda and Raffaele, he didn't lose four years of his life to a complete mess of an investigation and trial.
You seem like a nice person with good intentions, so all I'll say and end this is that there are far more deserving people out there worth your time of defending them. I wish you well.

You seem like a nice person with good intentions, so all I'll say and end this is that there are far more deserving people out there worth your time of defending them. I wish you well.
The interesting thing about this case is that essentially all material, from the investigation up until the final acquittal, is available online with a bit of patience and google translate. So it has been fascinating to study and see just where Mignini et al went wrong and the sources of the misinformation they spread, as well as seeing a clear picture of what actually happened that night emerge. I have no personal interest in Amanda or Raffaele - they deserve to live their lives in freedom and have nothing to prove to anyone, me included - with the exception of their presence in this case.

But fair's fair and I wish you well too.

The interesting thing about this case is that essentially all material, from the investigation up until the final acquittal, is available online with a bit of patience and google translate. So it has been fascinating to study and see just where Mignini et al went wrong and the sources of the misinformation they spread, as well as seeing a clear picture of what actually happened that night emerge. I have no personal interest in Amanda or Raffaele - they deserve to live their lives in freedom and have nothing to prove to anyone, me included - with the exception of their presence in this case.

But fair's fair and I wish you well too.

Outside of an interest in true crime, I literally decided to join this site after reading your six pages of responses in this thread in defence of Amanda Knox and Rafaelle Sollecito. <modsnip: referenced posts were removed> I hope I'll find more similarly well-argued discussions here.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a case that lays very heavily on my heart
its strange...its one of those creepy cases where you feel you have been there in that room seeing this digusting thrill kill going on and then seeing the killers walk away free ..but also mocking the victim with playing the victim..she incrimnates herself everyday ..
will the truth ever come out.. not with so much money and power and lies involved
if you been there from the victim side.. from the victim family..from the victim supporters ..you wouldnt have doubts
its just a matter of taking sides in this instance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back