Amateur Astrology, what's ahead for the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pres. Obama Will Not Attend Annual Gridiron Dinner, First President Since Cleveland to Miss

A Gridiron Club member tells FBDC first that President Obama will not attend this year's dinner next Saturday, March 21st. He will be the first president since Grover Cleveland not to attend the first Gridiron Club Dinner of his presidency.

This year's date coincides with the spring break of President Obama's daughters' school and club members have been informed the Obama family will be out of town, likely in Chicago.

Vice President Joe Biden will attend and speak at the dinner in his place. This member tells us the club is delighted to have Vice President Biden, but that there will be some very disappointed guests.

Each year the dinner includes satirical musical skits choreographed by the members, and remarks by the president and various members of each party. President Obama spoke as a Senator at the March 2006 dinner.

The Gridiron Club was founded in 1885 and this year will be the 124th dinner. Membership is by invitation only and its 65 members include the most prestigious journalists in Washington.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowl..._president_since_cleveland_to_miss_111152.asp

I thought I'd stop by to share my thoughts on the long term, general influences of the ongoing Saturn opposing Uranus configuration. The story starts in 2007 but dates back to its roots planted 40 years ago (the time it takes for Uranus to oppose himself), now being manifested in the news headlines and within our college campuses. It's a little long to paste but the page can be found here. They call the Uranus opposition our midlife crisis but it need not be. It is a time for sudden insight into who we really are and what we are meant to be, into where we, as a society, have fallen short and now see the results reflected within our youth, born a generation or two later.

First, thank you for stopping by, AquarianEssense. The article you posted is very interesting, and is one way to look at look at the Saturn/Uranus opposition.

I see both Saturn and Uranus as having a positive and negative manifestation. Without the "structure" of Saturn, we could have the "anarchy" of Uranus. Without the "inventive change" of Uranus, we have the "lack of adaptability" and "restriction" of Saturn.

Saturn and Uranus in opposition are much more difficult to resolve than Saturn and Uranus in an easy aspect. So much tension, irritability, and rebellion can occur when these two are working at cross-purposes.

I think we will see sudden uses of force, limitations of freedoms, acts of violence, and rebellions during the ongoing Saturn/Uranus oppositions.

The article is speaking to a group of people as if they were separate enlightened individuals, but there are many groups (and individuals) who are not so enlightened, and will act accordingly under the influence of this aspect.

I thought this article by a recognized historian, Victor Davis Hanson, might shed some perspective on the events we are watching unfold in our country today. I try to read everything he writes, mostly because he does so in plain English.

Victor Davis Hanson: Fast and Thick in the Age of Obama

One Big Thing

In this fiscal crisis, the public wanted one big thing to quote Archilochus: A reform of the banking industry that offered federal-guaranteed lines of credit to ensure liquidity, and a new transparency so investors would at least know that their supposedly blue-chip AIG stocks or Lehman Brother portfolio was, in fact, a house of cards based on the serial reselling of sub-prime mortgages—and in the end hinged on whether a wage-earning Bill Smith in Merced could keep servicing an 8% loan on a $400,000, 3,000 sf home that he bought with no down payment.

But that one thing was not to be—and instead from Obama we got the entire kitchen sink—drain, pipes, basin, and faucets thrown at us all at once.

Not the Obama they knew?

I think Warren Buffet, Jim Cramer, Jack Welch and other in-the-news, conflicted capitalists counted on Obama being a sort of Robert Rubin, Clintonite neoliberal like themselves.

So he would come in, rail for a week at most about Bush this/that, greed, Wall Street, extend the financial guarantees of Paulson, and then talk up the economy, calm fears, and pretty much do what every other President has done when faced with bad recessions: loosen money, stimulate a bit, talk up free trade, promise no new tax hikes, extend unemployment benefits, put other agendas on hold, forgo the class warfare talk, bring in captains of industry to assure them of calm, of long-term plans to encourage investment, and of soothing rhetoric of friendship and support.

In other words, they assumed that with an Obama Presidency they thought they would be in control, feel good about themselves for supporting a non-traditional candidate, and get a break from the Bush-bashing of their Euro and Asian friends when they jetted to conferences abroad, dropped in at Davos, or hit the party circuit in DC and NY.

It was not to be. Instead right away, Obama started the prairie-fire them/us rhetoric about the “rich” this and the “rich that. The more he denied he was for protectionism, the more someone in his cabinet evoked it. When one did the math on his proposed $250,000 income and above tax hikes, it was not hard (in high-tax states) to reach a confiscatory rate of 70%. And when Wall Street sighed thinking ‘Hmmm, at least the money will pay down the debt’; they were shocked to discover ‘No!, the new revenue won’t even pay for the existing deficits.’ And now they fathom that Obama will be wildly trumping both the Bush deficits and the Clinton tax hikes all at once.

Moreover, in teen-age fashion, Obama daily blamed Bush for the mess, rather than talked up the US. To get an agenda across that would reshape American life, he evoked the Great Depression from November to February to scare the nation into increasing the government share of GDP. Ossified, secular, shrinking, pacifist, static, and statist Europe was clearly the model

Instead of Bill Clinton’s “focusing like a laser” on the economy and the “It’s the economy, stupid!”, we got talk of nationalizing health care, free education, cap-and-trade, 8,000 earmarks,and trash the oil companies. And abroad, his team’s massage was, “We dislike Bush even more than you (fill in the blanks: Europeans, Arabs, Iranians, etc.) did”

Again, instead of getting some old Wall Street capitalists or some crusty CEOs sprinkled here and there in the cabinet, Wall Street sees either novices like Geithner (who reminds me of what I remember of toady graduate students trying to conjugate the subjunctive mood in Greek for their professors), or nominees that are cheats, dodgers, and party hacks like Daschle, Richardson, and Solis, or left-wing crusaders like Holder (Americans are “cowards”) and Chu (California’s farms are doomed).

In short, they don’t see anything that is helping, and a lot that will make things worse. And the result?

Suddenly, American capitalists are at Rick’s in Casablanca and shocked!—Obama is acting more like the Chicago organizer, the most partisan Senator in the Congress, the devoted Rev. Wright attendee, the pal of Bill Ayers and Rashid Khalidi—and not the neoliberal who both lets the financer alone and makes him feel better about himself.

Contradictions

Is bailout money the same as aid? If so, will the new government adjudicate what professors make, given that their universities are recipients of federal largess—and in many cases the professors themselves get direct government support. If so, will thousands here in Fresno County in California also be told—in the manner food stamp recipients cannot use their charge cards directly to buy beer and cigarettes—that the government is mandating how they spend their dole (no galas for execs; thus no parties for those who receive housing vouchers and food support?).

A Note on Hypocrisies

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is taking a beating because she seems to think the U.S. military must keep variously-sized jets on 24/7 call for her private use. Once again—nemesis strikes.

So, CEO’s cannot employ such toys, but their censors, as the proverbial pigs on two feet inside the farmhouse, surely can? In this new culture of Obama, confusion grows over public/private spheres and the wages of hypocrisy. Two points we forget: zillionaires are free to use their private, non-federal bailout money to do all sorts of indulgent things; government officials who both emulate and castigate them are hypocrites for doing the same.

Second, an earth in the balance Al Gore who made millions chastising us for not being green should not fly on private jets. And yes, we don’t care whether a Rush Limbaugh, who ridicules man-made global warming, takes off in his Gulfstream. Again, just as conservative moralists suffer the wages of hypocrisy for running up deficits and getting caught in unmentionable acts in public bathroom stalls, so in-your-face egalitarians like a Gore or Kerry or Kennedy suffer the same charge when their private lives they enjoy are at odds with the public lectures they give for others.

Where will they go?

Another released Guantanamo detainee (#008; aka Abdullah Ghulam Rasoul; now aka Mullah Abdullah Zakir; now again aka Taliban military chief—southern Afghanistan operations against US and coalition troops) has joined the Taliban ranks, this time as a major field commander. Next prediction: Obama will not close the base as promised by January 20, 2010. To do so would be like the U.S. letting out top Nazi generals detained in camps in the South during World War II (wait!— not quite: we usually shot any non-uniformed enemy combatant we caught on the field of battle). The danger at Guantanamo is that we are now whittled down now to the hard-core killers, and each inmate released increases the chances for something really terrible ensuing. Just one Khalid Sheik Mohammed who kills again will essentially destroy the Obama legacy—and I have to assume his team grasps that?

War—what war on terrorism?

What happened to the war on terror?—in the sense that bin Laden’s popularity ratings have plummeted, that we have not been hit again, and that even worldwide al Qaeda is somnolent?

That may change, but for now surely we are witnessing the wages of eight years of FISA, the Patriot Act, overseas renditions, Guantanamo, tens of thousands of Islamists ‘attrited’ in Iraq (cf. the much ridiculed ‘flypaper trap’ theory), the routing of the Taliban from Afghanistan, Predator attacks in Pakistan, and quiet European intelligence work that would be classified as “shredding the Constitution” if it were done here in the US.

In this regard, Obama’s campaign rhetoric once again has boxed him in: “Bush did it” doesn’t work when Bush really did do it—and so kept us safe for seven years. Obama’s problem is that if he overturns these protocols and we are hit, his Presidency is finished; but if he doesn’t, his leftwing base continues to ankle-bite him as a hypocrite. (Note well: many on the left who demand that he close Guantanamo won’t be so ready to support Obama should a released terrorist strike the US homeland; if you doubt that, collate all the names of the DC neo-con insiders who demanded the preemptive invasion of Iraq, and somewhere along the line abandoned the war, bailed on the effort, and blamed Bush’s ‘screwed up’ occupation for their ‘brilliant’ three-week war.)

Where does all this lead?

A modest prediction, if the economy does not show positive growth by the third quarter of this year, the media will finally turn on Obama. His upper-middle class devotees will finally associate their shattered 401(k)s, their lost home equity, and their new tax hikes to come with Obama. And the world’s vultures, as in 1977-80, will begin descending to tear and pull at the corpse of the US imperium. At that point we will see a virulent backlash against the Obama critics, who will be castigated as unfair, hoping Obama would fail, mean, even racist who are colluding in ruining America’s dream.

It won’t be pretty, this national frenzy, but it was entirely avoidable. All Obama had to do was give Bush a little credit or at least frame his departures from prior policies in a sort of bad/worse choice dilemma; focus on the financial industry alone; talk up the US economy; rein in the Pelosi/Reid lunancy; and stop all the messianic talk of highest ethical standards in cosmic history while nominating the likes of Daschle and Richardson.

But nemesis doesn’t work that way—ask Oedipus or Hector.

http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavishanson/fast-and-thick-in-the-age-of-obama/

Note well what Hanson says about the third quarter of this year, then go back to one of my earlier posts about this coming fall.

"Tony Ward is the President’s nominee to head the Justice Department’s Civil Division. If you want to know how far we are past 9/11, there’s your answer: John Walker Lindh’s defense attorney is going to work for Justice. I’m not saying he wouldn’t do a perfectly competent job.

It just seems like one of those things that might have stuck out, once upon a time. "

http://lileks.com/screed/?p=90

for those of you sleuthers who like to follow stories to the end... more info here... were these guys Islamic, or am I jumping to conclusions.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2205468/posts

Housemouse - while I respectfully acknowledge that we are on complete opposite ends of the political spectrum, the line you posted above struck me the wrong way.

While there are some evil Islamic people out there, just because someone is Islamic doesn't automatically mean they are anti-american and evil. And vice versa, there are plenty of evil, corrupt people out there who aren't islamic. I just think the conclusion you are implying above isn't correct.

I am not sure that which end of the political spectrum we are, as individuals, has anything to do with wondering if the two men in question are of the Islamic faith. I am not particularly interested in politics, with the exception of how astrology affects our government.

The Islam/Western world conflict is very interesting to me. That you think it has something to do with liberal/conservative values mystifies me. I see Islam, as a political system, a threat to liberal western values.

This relates to the Saturn/Uranus opposition in my mind.

Have to run, my husband needs to be driven to his physical therapy now.

P.S. am back, and as I was sitting waiting for dh to be finished, I thought about about your post. If my description of myself as "conservative" in my values confuses some of you into thinking it is my political position, perhaps it would be clearer if I describe myself as a "classic liberal", as opposed to a "modern liberal".

My astrological interests stem from these values, and not from any political party's talking points.

quote from the linked article:

"Either way, America is screwed."

On one hand, I am happy that the full moon seems to have helped out the market, momentarily, even though I am not quite sure why. On the other hand, I worry, because the rise might be due to deception/speculation.

This post about China is very worrying, however. Sure wish I had a good chart for China!

http://spectator.org/blog/2009/03/13/china-seeks-its-pound-of-flesh

I am not sure that which end of the political spectrum we are, as individuals, has anything to do with wondering if the two men in question are of the Islamic faith. I am not particularly interested in politics, with the exception of how astrology affects our government.

The Islam/Western world conflict is very interesting to me. That you think it has something to do with liberal/conservative values mystifies me. I see Islam, as a political system, a threat to liberal western values.

This relates to the Saturn/Uranus opposition in my mind.

Have to run, my husband needs to be driven to his physical therapy now.

P.S. am back, and as I was sitting waiting for dh to be finished, I thought about about your post. If my description of myself as "conservative" in my values confuses some of you into thinking it is my political position, perhaps it would be clearer if I describe myself as a "classic liberal", as opposed to a "modern liberal".

My astrological interests stem from these values, and not from any political party's talking points.

Thanks for the reply, housemouse. I guess the way I had read your post was different than you had intended. There are saldy many people out there who deem all islamic people evil because of 9-11.

But I am still left wondering why it is important whether these two people are islamic or not astrologically speaking?

thanks,
elizabeth

Quoted from Merriman, a financial astrologer. He agrees with my concern about the coming new Moon in March.

".....Pay very close attention to is the full moon of March 10.

This is a particularly powerful full moon, for the Sun will be in conjunction to Uranus and the moon in conjunction to Saturn. In other words, it will fall upon the Saturn-Uranus opposition, the most important of the long-term geocosmic signatures in effect November 2008 through July 2010.

This is the long-term signature that most correlates with the kind of sudden and serious shock to the system that we have been entangled with over the past six months.

In fact, a case can be made that state of crisis officially began six months ago when the opposite full moon occurred on September 15, 2008. That was the week when several banks and financial institutions collapsed. Just recently, Federal Reserve Board Chair Ben Bernanke acknowledged just how close the entire financial system came to a total collapse at that time.

Well, here comes the second wave. Let’s pray (a good Jupiter-Neptune activity) we are better prepared this time, for if not, another full moon on the Saturn-Uranus opposition could coincide with another break of support, with the corresponding sense of panic and hysteria.

In other words, the possibility of a sharp decline in stock indices is very high this week. Like the terrorist alert system, let’s say stock markets are now on “red alert.”..."

Did Merriman interpret something incorrect Housemouse, or what happened. We were totally braced for the bottom to fall out. I am in no way being sarcastic about this. We took it very seriously.

Thanks for the reply, housemouse. I guess the way I had read your post was different than you had intended. There are saldy many people out there who deem all islamic people evil because of 9-11.

But I am still left wondering why it is important whether these two people are islamic or not astrologically speaking?

thanks,
elizabeth

Because of the full moon highlighting the Saturn/Uranus opposition. We must think beyond our personal preferences of "how the world ought to work" to how it actually does .

Explain to me why you think it shouldn't matter! How much do you know about Islam as a religious/political institution? Don't you see the irreconcilable conflict between the two value systems?

Do you not believe in the Declaration of Independence? How can you reconcile that with Islamic beliefs?

God gave us astrology for a reason, and it wasn't for us to use it to suit our own need and greed, but to teach us about reality. If we get lost, confused, or disoriented by worldly concepts, His language will eventually prevail.

Islam seems to be a political system cleverly disguised as a religion, and from a Christian point of view, could be considered as an "anti-Christ". But, I am not qualified to call it that, really.

All I know is that it is totally antithetical to everything our founding fathers had in mind when they sacrificed everything for our republic.

[/B]

Did Merriman interpret something incorrect Housemouse, or what happened. We were totally braced for the bottom to fall out. I am in no way being sarcastic about this. We took it very seriously.

I took it very seriously too, and am fascinated by the rise in the market. I didn't expect it, but expected the opposite. But, I am just an observer, not an investor.

Is it possible that much of the market "rebound" is what traders call a "dead-cat bounce"? Will it last, and have we seen the "bottom"? Don't ask me, because I have no clue.

I do know that the lead up to the full moon behaved as expected. I also know that it (the full moon) fell very close to Neptune in the USA chart. And, I worry about market manipulation for political reasons.

Some market watchers think this is being done. I have no clue whether they are right or not. It will be interesting to see what Merriman has to say this next week.

There is another website/forum I have been reading to try to understand the market, and I will link it below. Please know this is not an endorsement, because DH and I are old-fashioned savings account types. But, I think it is interesting to try to figure out what the heck is going on.

I have no clue about whether this guy and his forum is good or not. All I know, astrologically, is that we are still in deep puppy trouble. I am hoping that we will get a break until next fall, so we can quietly prepare for the troubles ahead.

http://market-ticker.org/

Below is Merriman's forecast for this coming week. We will watch and see how accurate he might be, and then discuss.

This is no way an endorsement of Merriman. He is a market guy who uses astrology, and if any of you have followed my previous posts on astrology, you know that we are all mere humans, and only Himself knows how it will all go.

We must live by our values and principles. DH and I don't buy lottery tickets, and we don't invest in the stock market. But it is interesting to follow the notions of those who do.

http://www.mmacycles.com/weekly-pre...mments-for-the-week-beginning-march-16,-2009/

Is this article helpful? The author tries to outline how we got into this economic mess.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/03/heres_whats_happening_to_the_e_1.html

Thank you for this article. It appears that Mr. Hoven has been paying attention in class!! He hits all the points and summed up what NO ONE in Congress (our worthless elected officials) or our President has been able to acknowledge and offer a solution for correcting.

I feel like we are in the middle of a divorce, and the families have chosen sides...the friends aren't about to say publicly which side they have chosen, and the children are getting screwed!!

We can only hope that the March winds come soon and blow the whole lot of Washington, DC out to sea, and leave us with new minds that can actually think in a rational way. Please winds blow the planets and stars into PERFECT formation to save us!!

quote from the linked article:

"Either way, America is screwed."

On one hand, I am happy that the full moon seems to have helped out the market, momentarily, even though I am not quite sure why. On the other hand, I worry, because the rise might be due to deception/speculation.

This post about China is very worrying, however. Sure wish I had a good chart for China!

http://spectator.org/blog/2009/03/13/china-seeks-its-pound-of-flesh

HM,
I wish you had a good chart for China, too. I don't know if you ever finished the Hagee book that I listed earlier, but he states that China and Russia will be big players in the beginning of the end. Is it possible for you to do charts to see if they will indeed march to war against Israel, and when?

TIA....VT

Today's news is depressing me...

Obama VA: Let’s charge vets for care on service-related injuries

Fits right along with the symbolism of Mars (Obama) conjunct (USA) Neptune, highlighted by the Saturn/Uranus opposition.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/03/...ge-vets-for-care-on-service-related-injuries/

As a wife of a Iraq war veteran who was injured overseas this alarms and disgusts me. He is 28 yrs old and can not get down on the floor to play with our baby. He injured both knees and getting the help that he needs has been a nightmare. We had to fight with the VA for 3 yrs to get a surgery that multiple doctors had requested. He was not given a medical discharge, but instead was simply not allowed to re-up. He has an honorable discharge, served our Country in 4 tours of duty and we get no help as it is.
He is a prison guard now, and let me tell you....we treat our inmates better than our vets. He escorted a man who had burglarized multiple homes and held a couple at gunpoint to the hospital for neck surgery. The man had been incarcerated for only 6 months on a 3 yr lock-up, and the surgeon that did his surgery is the best doctor in the city. We fought for 3 yrs to get my husbands surgery done on an injury that occured while he was serving his Country and they had him travel 10 hours away (to another state!) for all the medical services when we have a VA hospital only 2 and a half hours away....because we are not in their service area. He needs ongoing care and a series of injections have been ordered for him. He needs an injection once a week for 3 weeks and they still want him to travel that 10 hour distance. NOW they want to remove the VA insurance and have our private insurance pay??? Are you kidding me!??! We have trouble paying our portion of our health insurance as it is! :furious: What about our many vets that have major mental issues and can not work??? What about the Vietnam Vets who rely on the VA for their care? What about the many men and women who have been incapacitated and can not work due to a horrible injury or illness that occured while defending our Nation??? What about THEM?
Sorry for venting, but I am at the end of my rope and frightened for our Country. Frightened for my kids futures. What is happening? This is totally crazy. I just want to cry over this, or scream. What do we do?

Ok, after venting...which felt SO good...I found this: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/03/18/obama_drops_controversial_thir.html?wprss=44
Praise God, is all I have to say to this. Housemouse or other gifted Astros...do any of you think this is something he will try again, just in another way? Is this a way to lead to Universal Healthcare?

good post, JSV!

Snopes has debunked the Eminent Domain rumor.

Do not be deceived by Snopes. It has a left wing leftist liberal for an owner. Anything which does not fit their agenda is removed immediately. I caught them in a lot of lies during the Clinton years, and started doubting it's authenticity then.

You are right banks are secured by FDIC.... However Have you ever heard the saying you cant get blood from a turnip? In other words, if they dont have the money to insure all the banks that go belly up than what can you do?
This is actually a conversation I have had with my dad, he said the same thing, but like I just said FDIC doesn't have the money to cover all the banks. The government is printing money because we just dont have it for the bailouts. So I dont find comfort in FDIC. Thats just me....

They are discussing now the possible collapse of the FDIC. Scary times in the financial realm. Be wise with your money.

disappear,

I just wanted to offer you my prayers for this horrible situation you and your husband are going through. I share in your outrage at what Obama attempted to do and also the fact that inmates can receive better medical treatment than those have served our country. Your husband has my utmost respect for his service and so do you for your service as a military wife. Thank you to both of you!

I greatly appreciate what our astros do here. Although much of it seems way over my head at times, I also greatly appreciate the info broken down into plain English for people like me to be able to understand. I too would be interested in what our astros think about him trying this again in another way.

The decisions made in the last two months have been astounding and almost unbelievable. I'm scared for our future and our children's future. It seems that those who we elected to serve us have no clue as to what we want nor do they even care. Case in point... the $700b bailout. Something like 85% of the people who called/emailed congress were against it. I recall Pelosi and others basically laughing about it. Scary!!

I don't think our actions will make much of a difference but I do believe in the power of prayer. I think prayer is the only thing that will help us now.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member