An eye for an eye...

believe09

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/02/19/acid.attack.victim/index.html

Mods, please move if this has already been posted.

Armeni Bahrami has demanded that the attacker who blinded her with acid when she rejected his marriage proposals suffer the same fate. An Iranian court has upheld the sentence that supports her wish, and it is likely her attacker will be blinded with drops of acid in the coming weeks. She has refused payment of the customary "blood money" which typically prevents the perps from receiving equivelent sentences.

I find this story compelling because given the horrific crimes we discuss on a daily basis, what would you do in her place if given a chance to have the perp suffer in the same fashion as you have?

I would not be able to mutilate another in this fashion, I believe. But I can completely understand her desire to hurt this man in the same way...to give him the same sentence.

That's a hard question. I don't know if I could exact the same sentence on him for harming me but believe me, if he had harmed one of my children I wouldn't have any problem with it.

I do see this as a step in the right direction for Iran. There are so many cases that you read about where a woman is raped, burned, beaten, etc. and nothing happens to the man. Maybe they'll think twice now.

I saw pictures on the news this morning of the young woman AFTER the attack. It was horrible. I can understand why she would want this man to suffer the same fate.

He's probably ruined her chances of ever marrying, having kids, or any kind of normal life.

I saw pictures on the news this morning of the young woman AFTER the attack. It was horrible. I can understand why she would want this man to suffer the same fate.

He's probably ruined her chances of ever marrying, having kids, or any kind of normal life.

Yeah-I couldn't decide about linking them because they are so disturbing. She has no idea what she looks like now, and I found it heartening to read she dreams of marriage and a family some day. Hopefully, there will be many out there who are engaged by her strong will and her sweet smile.

OR-she might scare any prospective suitors away by her steely determination to have her attacker suffer the same fate....

I have always believed that if people knew they would suffer in the exact same way as their victims, they would think twice.

Seems to me that so much of the chit that goes on these days is because people don't even think ONCE!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back