Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a blogger?!
:floorlaugh:

th5d2fdc1f.gif

This is going to get interesting. If she has taken them through the penalty phase, that means they were found guilty and she successfully argued for life. In my opinion, the defense lost in the guilty phase. I'm ok with that.

Still wondering how all of this is being paid for as we all know Casey was nothing more than a pauper alledgedly stealing from AH and others before all this came down. She hasn't worked in I believe 2yrs. Lawyers do not just do this kind of work out of the goodness of there hearts. This kind of defense cost a lot of money. Remember OJ defense team put him close to the bankruptcy court. (not sure if this belongs here if not sorry and remove if necessary)

I'm tellin' ya....I still think that is why CA/GA went on the last media blitz (LKL and Early Show). At the time, it was speculated that some really damaging info was about to be released, hence them jumping on TV to defend KC before the "bombshell" was released (not happened), but I thought all along the Anthony's agreed to do both shows as a last gesture to help prevent KC avoid the needle (licensing fees = paying to retain DP qualified attorney). It may also be why THEIR attorney agreed to accompany them in the "hot seat".

this taken from a google search on this new attorney:

A winner of the prestigious National Legal Aid and Defender Association’s Reginald Heber Smith Award for best advocate for the poor in the country, she is a nationally recognized expert in the field of death penalty defense and a frequent continuing legal education teacher throughout the country. In 1998, she was awarded the Justice for All Award at the National Conference on Wrongful Convictions and the Death Penalty.

http://www.law.depaul.edu/faculty_staff/faculty_information.asp?id=29

So this may explain why she is taking this case as it states "Best advocate for the poor in this country"

I'm tellin' ya....I still think that is why CA/GA went on the last media blitz (LKL and Early Show). At the time, it was speculated that some really damaging info was about to be released, hence them jumping on TV to defend KC before the "bombshell" was released (not happened), but I thought all along the Anthony's agreed to do both shows as a last gesture to help prevent KC avoid the needle (licensing fees = paying to retain DP qualified attorney). It may also be why THEIR attorney agreed to accompany them in the "hot seat".
Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Verité;3802369 said:
And now, The Crusader! That's her schtick more than $ or fame or name-in-lights.
"Angel of Death Row:" From her site: "Fighting for lives, believing in redemption."
Get the choir ready coz the preachin's a comin'.

:boohoo:

If its true about JB and KC having a relationship, then I wonder how she will handle that one. Could this affect the outcome of her part in this case? JW......

This is going to get interesting. If she has taken them through the penalty phase, that means they were found guilty and she successfully argued for life. In my opinion, the defense lost in the guilty phase. I'm ok with that.

Yep, me too .. :behindbar

At this link:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBoSNT3GDJ8&feature=channel"]YouTube - Trusting Experts![/ame]
you can watch a portion of one of her lectures. In this lecture she explains why it is so important to know exactly WHEN the victim died, so as to establish alibi...hmmm...that is similar to what JB was saying in his interview after the DP was reinstated. He said-We don't even know WHEN she died...I think they are going to make a BIG case out of that one detail right there.

O I C ..

She's one of those lawyers who tries to look like they're sincerely telling the jurors something .. :rolleyes:

Meh, doesn't work for me ..
I'm not the least bit impressed .. :snooty:

* She definitely fits in with the rest of Team Casey, looks wise anyways ..

Alrighty I have to be honest with everyone here, I am NOT impressed with her position at U of M. If it had been in Minn. I would of been more impressed. JMO

respectfully snipped:
In this lecture she explains why it is so important to know exactly WHEN the victim died, so as to establish alibi...hmmm...that is similar to what JB was saying in his interview after the DP was reinstated. He said-We don't even know WHEN she died...I think they are going to make a BIG case out of that one detail right there.
Whenever Caylee died, she was with KC and KC only. For it to matter to the jury when Caylee died they'll have to also believe the nanny story.

Sorry, hope she loses this case.
IMO...DP should appy to kc!

I am against the dp, so many innocent people have been released in the last few years from death row. But as kc and her parents like to point out, kc is special, and since she is so special, I think a special exception needs to be made here. I believe she fully deserves the dp if/when she is found guilty.

This woman seems like someone who is both crafty, and someone who can win people over to her side. It will be interesting to see how the defense changes with her on board. It would almost appear to me, she is here to try and keep KC off of death row, not prove innocence.

O I C ..

She's one of those lawyers who tries to look like they're sincerely telling the jurors something .. :rolleyes:

Meh, doesn't work for me ..
I'm not the least bit impressed .. :snooty:

* She definitely fits in with the rest of Team Casey, looks wise anyways ..

She fights for social justice. Not for social justice for victims mind you but she'll fight for Casey. 'Social Justice' gotta love that claim!!

I'm still wondering about her role here ...

checking out the Florida Rule (link below), how does she qualify in Florida when she's coming from another state?

http://swartzlenamon.com/deathpenal...alified-criminal-defense-attorneys-in-florida

No motion pro hoc vice - much less an order where the Judge approves her as counsel (at least I haven't seen one)... which is where she would file her qualifications under the Florida rule to start appearing in court, on the record, for the defense.

Do we have that motion anywhere?

Here's an example of a motion pro hoc vice filed in another Florida case:

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/...5/Filed_08-19-2002_FordMotCounsProHacVice.pdf

And, the press release from JB's camp doesn't sound like she's taking over lead so much as being welcomed to the team.

I don't know that she is anything more than another Linda Kennedy Baden here and I agree with the earlier post, she may well disappear into the background just like Kathy Reichs.

I'm thinking that JB had to get someone's name out there so here's a news release, but that is a different ballgame from her signing her name on an official document in the court record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa