Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell - COD: "Heroin Poisoning"

The names on AJ Facebook and Twitter are the same now as they were when I started following the case, and when I went to the beginning and read thru, from what was said, it was that way in the beginning also. That's just my observation.
Agreed.
I have been following since the beginning and it has not changed to my knowledge.

Death is hard enough on adults. Trying to understand and make sense of situations like AJ's death.... but it hurts my heart for her little sisters and brother. It was evident to me looking thru pictures and so forth that she LOVED her sisters and brother and they loved her much in return.

This breaks my heart! "in a month" Aj was gone forever :tantrum:

Anjelica⚾ ‏@anjelicamariee Feb 2
I was on the phone with abby the other day and she was like "AJ can you come home now?" ������

Anjelica⚾ ‏@anjelicamariee Feb 2
And I was like "no, I can't right now I'm in school" and she was like "ok, but in a month?" ����
https://twitter.com/anjelicamariee

In this article from Longwood Univ paper The Rotunda Online, it says AJ was driving AWAY from her home and that a female saw her. :thinking:

Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 10:15 am
Analyzing AJ

snip....

According to WAVY, just afterwards, police got a tip leading them to Northside Park in Norfolk, but again they found nothing.

Following the search, Norfolk Police Department Spokesman Daniel Hudson told The Rotunda, “We still don’t know the circumstances, and haven’t ruled out any. We are doing everything we can to try and find her.”

As the saga began to unfold, more information from family and friends regarding logistics emerged. In a public interview, AJ’s father Wesley Hadsell reported that AJ had recently borrowed “a couple hundred dollars” from him before disappearing.

Around the same time, a neighbor came forward and admitted she saw AJ driving very quickly away from her home and being followed by a white car days before she vanished.

Police still continued that foul play was not a factor.
http://www.therotundaonline.com/news/analyzing-aj/article_c39f4d78-ddf9-11e4-a2e0-8b8f6b781ff2.html

Further down it goes on to state:

"Hadsell was denied bond based on a request from the prosecuting attorney, and will remain in jail until his April 29 court date."

Thatguybear; do you know when Wes came up with the gas station story? Did he tell Jen and the police about it from the start or did they find find out about it closer to his public interview about it.

I don't either, katydid23. That came up later and I think was added to the story to account for Wes' own whereabouts during a certain time period. I also have a very hard time believing that AJ ever asked to borrow money from Wes. (Just thinking that I myself wouldn't want to be accountable to him for any debts...possibly other's felt the same way?)

ZH also said that AJ was not the type to ask for a loan, that it would have been out of character for her.

Does anyone know if she already had money around that time due to receiving that unexpected financial aid from school? :waitasec:

I don't believe AJ ever needed to borrow money from anyone due to receiving her financial aid. I think it makes more sense that someone needed to borrow money from her. IMO

Will an autopsy be able to determine if there was any alcolhol in AJ'S system? Or would any trace have disapated by the time she was found. Heroin and alcohol can be a lethal combination.

That's what I thought, too - that and/or they just wanted him to stay the heck out of their investigation!

He had already ruin evidence according to the charges and reports from the news (breaking into the house, finding the clothing, etc and not using LE collection guidelines to ensure non-contamination), what would be the best way for them to ensure he didn't get involved again? Keep his butt behind bars.

Why was M.T. Hadsell around WH at one point?

Just thinking there could be many reasons, including no other options.

In as delicate of a way as possible...

Those claiming WH threatened them about all that jacket nonsense had boatloads of options NOT to be around him. It's not as if he abducted them and held them against their will. They all chose to be right where they were. Before, during and after AJ's disappearance. No one forced those kids to hang out at the Hadsell place, they were there by choice. What's more is, I suspect, based on what WH has claimed about the conversation prior to breaking into the house, that at least some of them were present for that conversation. If that's the case, they knew ahead of time what was about to go down and didn't bother to make a phone call to LE? I'm still kind of surprised none of them were charged as accessories.

(this probably needs to be moved over to the jacket thread to keep the topics on point)

He lives in the neighborhood.

Anyway you would clarify the last name of Dustin? There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the actual last name of the person that saw AJ last on 3/2. It seems that one of the DB in question could have/might have/most likely was in another state on 3/2 and might be/could be/ possibly be photo evidence of this.

Most of the speculation has been about who or how. I don't know these things. And to be honest, yeah, I've been away for quite some time and do not read every post. Do other V.I.'s answer every question for you? Do they know every detail? I have answered some questions, however one of the last posts that I did see before I stopped reading here was by one of your own stating not to listen to what I had to say anyway. (I would provide a link but Im sure it was purged by Bessie).

Just wanted to say that I think you have been very "smart" in not giving your opinion or speculating at this point. I am sure that although I know there is a LOT LE hasn't disclosed to anyone, I am sure the family knows more than the public. Any release of that info could compromise any case they may end up having. So I actually thank you for not divulging although I totally understand the desire from others (myself included) wanting to know just because we have grown to love AJ. I appreciate you giving us a glimpse of WHO AJ was, That has meant a great deal to me on a personal level. Thank you.

Thatguybear; do you know when Wes came up with the gas station story? Did he tell Jen and the police about it from the start or did they find find out about it closer to his public interview about it.

Jen was aware that Wesley met AJ somewhere to give her money from the time it happened.

Exactly. Remember how the first (Hadsell family) fliers had March 2 at 7 a.m. noted as the date and time last seen? Then later, it suddenly occurred to WH--Oh wait. I saw her at around noon at some gas station where we stared at each other and I was late getting back to work. Not his exact words, btw.

Then the addition of more details later the same day of AJ being seen (along with various other suspicious vehicles) at or driving-by the Hadsell home. :gaah:

To be fair he saw her Monday afternoon and the texts came in at 4am late that night/early Tuesday morning. The only reason that changed is because they realized the 4am texts might not have actually been from her, so the events of Monday afternoon became more important.

I don't know why WH did things the way he did. I didn't get to the house and find out about it until after it happened and the police had already been called. I can speculate the same way as you all, but he never came out and said 'this is why'

The police were never called, though. Lopez took the report.

AJ was attending Longwood on an athletic scholarship. NCAA college athletes are subject to a strict no drug policy with testing. Here's your link:

http://www.longwood.edu/policies/1202.htm

Also, knowing her personally, I can tell you that AJ was not one who would throw away her entire collegiate/athletic career by using heroin. Nor was she the type to even use recreationally.

It's not possible that she attended school on an athletic scholarship to play club softball. NCAA doesn't allow funds for that. Here's your link:

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/softball.htm

Longwood U only gives out varsity scholarships.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back