AL Ann Dawson, 49, Birmingham, September 23, 1974

SimsGuy67

Reaction score
Ann is a victim of serial killer Paul John Knowles. He claims he threw her body into the Mississippi River but Ann's body wasn't found. I feel there's every chance he could be lying. Not about killing her, but the location of her body.

Ann Dawson.jpg

Ann Jean Dawson
Sex: Female
Race: White/Caucasian
DLC: September 23, 1974
Missing From: Birmingham, Alabama
Height: 5'6
Weight: 130 pounds
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry (Described as "platinum blonde")
Eye Color: Unknown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinctive Features: Unknown/None
Clothing/Accessories: Blue pants, red and white patterned top, had a large amount of money, two diamond rings on each hand.

Circumstances
Ann was last seen in the company of a man, later identified as serial killer Paul John Knowles, when asked about the location of Ann's body, he claimed her through her into the Mississippi River. Her body/remains have not been found.

Sketch of man last seen with Ann:
PJK.jpg

Investigators
Unknown

Sources

Ann Dawson missing

Last edited:
Her killers next murder was in Connecticut. Ann's body could be anywhere...

According to this, she was killed in Louisiana:

More specifically, a search was conducted in Madison Parish, Louisiana for Anne, but she wasn’t found. It sounds like this would have been around the Tallulah, LA area (town just across the Mississippi River bridge from Mississippi).

Details found here:

(Also, according to the above, her full name is Anne Jean Wilcox Dawson.)

According to this, she was killed in Louisiana:

More specifically, a search was conducted in Madison Parish, Louisiana for Anne, but she wasn’t found. It sounds like this would have been around the Tallulah, LA area (town just across the Mississippi River bridge from Mississippi).

Details found here:

(Also, according to the above, her full name is Anne Jean Wilcox Dawson.)
I assume this means they travelled together for a short period (or she was held against her will), then was murdered in LA. Happy that this narrows the search.

Here is a photo of John Paul Knowles for comparison to the suspect sketch:

John Paul Knowles (1947-1974)

PJK.jpg

Sketch of subject last seen with Anne Dawson 1974

A few LINKS:

Here is a photo of John Paul Knowles for comparison to the suspect sketch:

A few LINKS:

He kind of looks like the sketch? The chin doesn't match at all though. I assume these are just things that witnesses misremembered or weren't properly represented in the sketch as it's pretty clear that this man was Knowles.

Wikipedia can be strange sometimes...

Ann Dawson's remains were found on November 15, 1977 in Mississippi.
Ann Dawson remains found

RIP Ann...

Debbie Griffin, the only other "missing" victim of Knowles (other than the Anderson sisters) was found August 1975...
This explains why Ann and Debbie weren't added to NamUs along with the Anderson sisters...

Nice! So you were correct - Knowles lied about where he killed her (Meridian MS isn’t near the Mississippi River).

anderson_lillian.jpg
anderson_mylette.jpg

Lillian (left) and Mylette Anderson, aged 11 and 7 respectively of Jacksonville, FL were abducted and murdered by John Paul Knowles on 1 August 1974. Their bodies have never been found.

LINKS:

Nice! So you were correct - Knowles lied about where he killed her (Meridian MS isn’t near the Mississippi River).
Just realized that! Apparently Ann's remains were found close to Louisiana. About 10 miles.

anderson_lillian.jpg
anderson_mylette.jpg

Lillian (left) and Mylette Anderson, aged 11 and 7 respectively of Jacksonville, FL were abducted and murdered by John Paul Knowles on 1 August 1974. Their bodies have never been found.

LINKS:

Hoping they get found as now we know they are the only two victims connected to Knowles that haven't been found.

My name is Cheryl McLaughlin. I am the granddaughter of Anne Dawson. I was the 1st person to be notified by the family from a friend of my grandmother that she had not been to work and was asking about her contact with the family. Which her sister was Bernice Eubanks. From there our family started a long journey into horrible nightmare. Her remains were found in Meridian Mississippi by hunters. My grandmother was a very respected person and owned her own beauty shop. Despite what was said about her leaving with this man. She didn’t leave with him. She was kidnapped because her car was found and blood was found inside her car on her shoes. Her car was not stolen. It was at a known place my grandmother would stop at. She would not voluntarily leave with anyone. Her comment has always been fight and scream because once your silence you voice will not be heard. The tapes or recordings of Paul John Knowles have been sealed by a Judge in Macon Ga after the 25 year seal date was up. Now they are forever sealed. Know one will ever get a chance to think about it. It will be denied. No
One can ever listen to those tapes. I understand they are gruesome. Jeffery Webb was the investigator on her case out of Jefferson County Al. Birmingham Al. This man does not deserve one ounce of notoriety. Some people get kicks of filling there heads with people like this from crime magazines. Horrible trash for our society. I imagine my grandmother was scared and in fear. Probably begging for her life.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back