Anna Christian Waters (Missing 1/16/1973 from Half Moon Bay, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PonderingThings said:
Anna's Mom I feel compelled to tell you about this story.

This woman found her son, who had been abducted by his father at 3 yrs of age, on the internet. The abduction happened in 1964!!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36916

Just pointing out that it DOES happen. Her internet sleuthing techniques are some of the same that we have done/are doing in the search for Anna.

Also the father maintained that his mother was dead, so he never went looking for his family (which includes older siblings).
Thanks, PonderingThings for the thread. It gives hope to all of those who continue to search for the missing. The moral of the story:

NEVER GIVE UP!

PonderingThings said:
Anna's Mom I feel compelled to tell you about this story.

This woman found her son, who had been abducted by his father at 3 yrs of age, on the internet. The abduction happened in 1964!!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36916

Just pointing out that it DOES happen. Her internet sleuthing techniques are some of the same that we have done/are doing in the search for Anna.

Also the father maintained that his mother was dead, so he never went looking for his family (which includes older siblings).

Pondering: Thank you for this encouraging message. Some statistics I got from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children last month say that there have been 50,000 cases of missing children since they began keeping records in 1984. I don't think people realize how frequently children do go missing.

Annasmom said:
Websleuths, I haven't posted anything for a while, so I want you to know that I check in several times a day to see what you're tracking and that I am awed by your research. Thank you.
Hon, we are all in awe of you. We have some understanding of the pain you feel, and of how recounting all of that can bring it back, make it fresh again. Yet here you are, discussing it, listening to things that we understand are painful. We are also aware of the fact that you have had hopes and disappoinments through the years. So many that probably even hope can be painful at times.
You are strong woman and a good mother, and I personally am glad that I have gotten the opportunity to "know" you. Hang in there.

Another interesting tidbit from the "Box from Hell": I found a medical invoice for George Brody dated 1980 (six years after the photos that have been posted) where he claims that his birthyear is 1935 (not the previously noted 1925, which was ridiculous itself). The invoice actually states "45, M, 8/15/35" meaning a 45 year old man whose birthday is 8/15/1935. This crazy old coot lied about his age more than a aging Hollywood actress.

now if he lied on that paper as well wouldnt the doctor notice he was older for his age and just didnt like question him? i think thats odd that he got away with it let us know anything else u find in the box from hell

Dr. Doogie said:
Another interesting tidbit from the "Box from Hell": I found a medical invoice for George Brody dated 1980 (six years after the photos that have been posted) where he claims that his birthyear is 1935 (not the previously noted 1925, which was ridiculous itself). The invoice actually states "45, M, 8/15/35" meaning a 45 year old man whose birthday is 8/15/1935. This crazy old coot lied about his age more than a aging Hollywood actress.
Doogie, George Waters was born in 1939; possibly he was trying to get medicine or something without using his own name.

Annasmom said:
Doogie, George Waters was born in 1939; possibly he was trying to get medicine or something without using his own name.
The invoice was for George Brody when he was diagnoised and his treatment for cancer. A different doctor (along with Waters) were listed as the attending physicians.

Another interesting bit of info from the Box from Hell (BFH): Waters developed a fascination in 1969 with the suicide method of Nazi war criminals - in particular, the exact dosage of cyanide that Rommel and Georring used to off themselves. He even went so far as to write the German Consulate and the widow of Gen. Rommel for the info. The best speculation is that he was considering killing himself at that time. When he did finally kill himself in 1982, he used cyanide.

Another thing I discovered: I could not find his records for 1972 (the last year before anna disappeared), but in 1977 his income was approximately $75,000. It puts in to perspective how miniscule his child support payment was for Anna ($175 a month) and how ridiculous his complaining about it was. It also shows how big of a parasite Brody was - Waters died with no assets in his estate and was in debt while Brody (who held no job) had $17,000 cash sitting in a safe deposit box.

SherlockJr said:
I believe it to be April 14, 1939. :HappyBday
Another interesting factoid concerning Water's birth: He was born to two Christian missonaries in a Japanese concentration camp in the Phillipenes. He spent the first three years of his life in this prison.

A thread has started in the Cold Case Forum concerning another woman who thinks that she was abducted as a child and was raised by her abducters. Here is the link to the source page: http://www.unsolved.com/0205-Libao.html This woman is not Anna brcause of the different dates involved.
Each case like this brings hope that we are on the right track with Anna.

I just got a letter from the Vanished Children's Alliance in San Jose saying that Anna was now registered and listed on their web site. They enclosed their poster with the kindergarten and age-advanced photographs and the phone number of the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office, which is a real plus. In the letter they gave the name of the sheriff's deputy supposedly handling the case and suggested I notify him that Anna is listed with the VCA.

Hooray, that is progress! Maybe a baby step, but it is forward movement.

DrDoogie, in the BFH did you find anything that would pretain to Waters giving any of his money to charities or any large insurance premiums? I have problems with his $75,000.00 per year salary and no assetts at his death. Yes, I feel that Brody is a scum bag but how can all that money be unaccounted for. It was said they lived in a seedy motel, so no house payments. Could he have also been using an alias when it came to his money, putting it in bank under another name? If he gave it to Brody there should have been much more that $17,000.00. I am thinking maybe Waters was paying someone off, blackmail. Maybe "hush money" someone knew something about Anna and was blackmailing him. Do you know if anyone has checked other states for any unclaimed money held by them in the name of GW or GB?

That's what I was going to say unclaimed money is probebly a great place to look or maybe he gave it to some kind of church association what was that place we were talking about early on, because brody was so much into numbers and such. Is it possible that those people could have been involved some how as well. just throwing stuff out there It can be soo frustrating, I hope we can make some connection and find anna soon. And I have to say to annasmom I like others am in complete aww of how you and other parents of missing children keep your self together and keep going and we all know its because you love your daughter. I agree that you are an inspiration. God Bless.
From Mel

kyresearcher said:
DrDoogie, in the BFH did you find anything that would pretain to Waters giving any of his money to charities or any large insurance premiums? I have problems with his $75,000.00 per year salary and no assetts at his death. Yes, I feel that Brody is a scum bag but how can all that money be unaccounted for. It was said they lived in a seedy motel, so no house payments. Could he have also been using an alias when it came to his money, putting it in bank under another name? If he gave it to Brody there should have been much more that $17,000.00. I am thinking maybe Waters was paying someone off, blackmail. Maybe "hush money" someone knew something about Anna and was blackmailing him. Do you know if anyone has checked other states for any unclaimed money held by them in the name of GW or GB?
I think Doogie hasn't yet gotten into the million-plus dollars worth of life insurance documents in the BFH. Probably this and Brody's department store bills (expensive suits and hats) ate up lots of the money. Also there were student loan repayments.

mel36 said:
And I have to say to annasmom I like others am in complete aww of how you and other parents of missing children keep your self together and keep going and we all know its because you love your daughter. I agree that you are an inspiration. God Bless.
From Mel
Thank you, Mel. We have lots of help.

Annasmom said:
I think Doogie hasn't yet gotten into the million-plus dollars worth of life insurance documents in the BFH. Probably this and Brody's department store bills (expensive suits and hats) ate up lots of the money. Also there were student loan repayments.
The policies that I have come across so far have been "Accident" policies, mostly for travel or accidental death. There was one policy that the insurer insisted that both Waters and Brody had to supply info for a retail credit check to continue coverage - Waters cancelled the policy instead of submitting the information.

I started a thread about the black market babies that were stolen or sold in the 1950s and later. At the end of the article is a link to a site where people who think they might have been adopted this way can register.

I looked for Anna's info and didn't see anything that would be a match... but perhaps someone should look again (the more eyes the better). Also, perhaps Dr. Doogie should have her listed there in case she goes looking one day?

I started a new thread about black market adoptions. At the end of the article it lists a site where there is a registry for people who think they might have been adopted on the "black" or "grey" market. Please note however, that I don't think the site has been updated recently.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member