PA Anna Jean Kane, 26, Perry Township., PA, 23 October 1988

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/cold-case-police-shine-new-light-on-1988-homicide-in-berks/737874852
May 3 2018
attachment.php

Cold case: Police shine new light on 1988 homicide in Berks
[h=2]Anna Jean Kane found beaten, strangled in Perry[/h]
READING, Pa. - It's been nearly 30 years since a Berks County woman -- then the mother of three young children -- was found brutally beaten and strangled alongside a rural road.

Now, police are hoping someone who knows something will help them breathe new life into their investigation of the case, which has grown cold over the past three decades.
Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers is profiling the case of Anna Jean Kane, whose body was found on the afternoon of October 23, 1988, dumped alongside Ontelaunee Trail, near Route 662, in Perry Township.

That location, however, is not where police believe the 26-year-old woman was killed, having been beaten and then strangled with bailing twine.
Investigators said they believe Kane, who had recently moved from Reading to Birdsboro, returned to the city on the night of October 22 in search of a customer.

"I asked her to come home," Kane's then-9-year-old daughter, Tamika, told 69 News for the 2004 story. "She told me she was on her way."

Tamika never saw her mother again.

"I miss my mother," she said.

Crime Alert Berks County is offering a cash reward of up to $10,000 for information that leads to the arrest of Kane's killer. If you know anything, contact Crime Alert via anonymous text to 847411, starting the message with keyword alertberks. You can also call 877-373-9913 or go to alertberks.org.

Attachments

• 5-3-18_Anna_Jean_Kane_-_Perry_homicide_scene_1525370081773_11341567_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    5-3-18_Anna_Jean_Kane_-_Perry_homicide_scene_1525370081773_11341567_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 65
It's a shame that justice won't be served since the killer is deceased but to know who it was I'm sure is a bit of a relief to the family. Parabon NanoLabs at work on this case, too. They do a hell of a job.

It's a shame that justice won't be served since the killer is deceased but to know who it was I'm sure is a bit of a relief to the family. Parabon NanoLabs at work on this case, too. They do a hell of a job.

I wonder if there's any chance he could be connected to Virginville Jane Doe.

Oct 26 2022 rbbm.
''BERKS COUNTY, Pa. — After almost 35 years, the cold case murder of Anna Kane was been solved by connecting a letter sent to a local newspaper and DNA evidence found on Kane's clothing through "breakthrough DNA genetic genealogy technology," according to a release from Pennsylvania Crime stoppers.

The possible suspect, Scott Grim, was found to have his DNA on the envelope containing the letter sent to police back in 1990, which matched the DNA found on Kane's clothing, according to the release. Grim, 58, passed away in 2018 of natural causes halting officials from understanding the events leading up to the murder, and from making Grim face justice.

To further confirm Grim as the suspect, a direct sample of his DNA was obtained and tested with the clothes and envelope resulting in a match.

''Looking into Grim's history, he didn't appear in the FBI's Combined DNA Index System. It was found that Grim was arrested regarding a harassment case in 2002 where he sent letters of intimidation to his business partner
. An investigation is ongoing into Grim's past which includes his connection to Kane. No connection or relationship has been discovered between the two at this time''.

1666880257161.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6