Anne Heche - 53 - dies after fiery car crash in Los Angeles August 5 2022

Are Heche’s behaviors in her car, including the near accidents before the accident, the actions of a rational person?

if it were some other sort of medical crisis - no doctor myself, but IDK - what type of medical crisis makes someone suddenly start careening their car around like a pinball in a machine, and then flee like a panicked bat out of hell?

If you, for example, think you’re having a heart attack, don’t you pull over and stop moving?

were the police chasing her and I just didn’t notice?

Rational or irrational really has nothing to do with mental health. Someone can mentally ill and still be "rational" and likewise, someone doesn't have to have mental illness to be "irrational." So I don't think that says anything in Anne's case except that she wasn't thinking clearly. Other things that make us behave irrationally - bad news that stresses us out, fear, physical pain, conflict and annoyance, alcohol or drugs, etc.

As to the medical crisis, no, that isn't necessarily the case. Most people with a heart attack would clutch their chest or feel sick. But many people have no idea what they're feeling. I even had one patient who didn't come to the ER for two days and in that time, he thought his discomfort was from hunger so he had McDonald's during an active heart attack. Some may speed to the hospital or may think they're having a panic attack or may just start vomiting and not think clearly. Heart attacks sometimes present as abdominal pain only. But putting aside heart attack, a seizure or what we call the post-ictal state (post-seizure) can have a number of different effects on people too, even violence. A stroke, same. People who are in acute physical pain also may present this way.

Basically, there are way too many possibilities for us to narrow it down, some more likely than others. But none of us will ever know the truth of what happened.

Cocaine is given topically, but I kinda don't think it was used here. It's generally a local anesthetic, I've seen it used in abrasion wounds.
I believe I was given Fentanyl in the ER in 2012. I did not want to receive an opioid narcotic because they generally don't work for me. My back was totally locked up and I literally could not move. I had been stuck in one spot for 12 hours like I was paralyzed. I wanted sedatives. Well, whatever it was worked. I know it was a opioid narcotic and not a sedative because I made a stink ahead of time.

But I don't believe there was a question as to whether the hospital had given her cocaine. I know it does have medicinal uses but both the named sources (Lee and Hernandez) in the Times and the Salon article appear to be discussing the fentanyl when discussing the need for another test. And while US law calls cocaine a narcotic, pharmacologically it's not. So it's not clear to me that either named speaker is referring to cocaine, only the unnamed LAPD source is for sure. And TMZ (referenced in the Salon piece.)

JMO

I believe we are saying the same thing about coke versus fent. There is no question of whether AH had coke in her blood system when driving. The only mystery is the fent. Yes, from a pharm perspective, narcs is opiates, but... the definitions of terms change over time, ya? Like you said, the media presents it in a confusing way. Most readers aren't going to know the pharmacology history behind these drugs.

When she ran into the garage…
Can anyone make out what AH is saying before she says “no sir” …”no sir”
to the guy telling her to get out of the car?
Is she saying - just let me back up?

When she ran into the garage…
Can anyone make out what AH is saying before she says “no sir” …”no sir”
to the guy telling her to get out of the car?
Is she saying - just let me back up?

I try to avoid TMZ so I hadn't heard that before. I would like to know if or what conversation happened before that piece because the man speaking to her sounds quite aggressive.

I would be curious if there was conversation that led up to his demanding she get out of the car or if he started discussion with a demand for her to get out of the car. If this is the entire conversation, it may have been enough to make her feel threatened enough to flee.

I didn't know there was an AH thread here, otherwise I would've stopped in sooner...

Yes, AH was flying high on cocaine when she drove 90mph into the house. Yes, we do have sources other than TMZ. If you can't access the Los Angeles Times article b/c of the paywall, you can read the Salon piece that references the LAT one. Here's the bit from LAT, which mentions cocaine and indirectly refers to fentanyl, which they needed a 2nd test to answer whether it was only given at the hospital for pain or if she was on both substances at the time of the accident:

Officer Annie Hernandez, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department, said a blood test showed the presence of narcotics, but those initial findings could be invalidated if medications at the hospital turned out to be the narcotics.

A second blood test will be administered to rule out any substances that were given at the hospital as part of Heche’s medical treatment, said LAPD Public Information Officer Jeff Lee.

The results of the second test could take anywhere from 30 to 90 days.

Another law enforcement source
[LAPD PI Officer Jeff Lee] told The Times that the initial blood test also showed that Heche had cocaine in her system after the crash.
Fentanyl was found in her system, but further testing was needed to determine whether it was administered in the hospital.
As far as the cocaine, I would argue further testing is needed for that as well. One cannot assume that she was using cocaine the day of the accident without further analysis, as cocaine presence can be detected days to weeks after use.
Cocaine: 2 to 4 days; up to 10 to 22 days with heavy use

I try to avoid TMZ so I hadn't heard that before. I would like to know if or what conversation happened before that piece because the man speaking to her sounds quite aggressive.

I would be curious if there was conversation that led up to his demanding she get out of the car or if he started discussion with a demand for her to get out of the car. If this is the entire conversation, it may have been enough to make her feel threatened enough to flee.
Could there have been some kind of road rage encounter that preceded this? It seems to be a bystander who took the video, while maintaining their distance, and seeming to comment "I don't like this" to another bystander at the very end of the clip.

Fentanyl was found in her system, but further testing was needed to determine whether it was administered in the hospital.
As far as the cocaine, I would argue further testing is needed for that as well. One cannot assume that she was using cocaine the day of the accident without further analysis, as cocaine presence can be detected days to weeks after use.
Cocaine: 2 to 4 days; up to 10 to 22 days with heavy use

We're not talking trace amounts of cocaine here. Whether cocaine or cocaine + fentanyl (depending on def of narcs), she was intoxicated. How much while driving as compared to pain meds administered in icu?

LAT:

Investigators, meanwhile, continued to probe the circumstances surrounding the crash and found that Heche was under the influence of narcotics at the time of the incident.

Last edited:
We're not talking trace amounts of cocaine here. Whether cocaine or cocaine + fentanyl (depending on def of narcs), she was intoxicated. How much while driving as compared to pain meds administered in icu?

LAT:

Investigators, meanwhile, continued to probe the circumstances surrounding the crash and found that Heche was under the influence of narcotics at the time of the incident.

I don't believe that has actually ever been verified. The only thing the named source indicates is evidence of narcotics, which covers a broad rance of drugs, but that pesky unnamed source claims it's cocaine. Maybe it is in fact true but I keep wondering why nobody wants to share their name on that matter. Perhaps it's because comprehensive toxicology tests take weeks, not hours.

Could there have been some kind of road rage encounter that preceded this? It seems to be a bystander who took the video, while maintaining their distance, and seeming to comment "I don't like this" to another bystander at the very end of the clip.

I'm curious too. The the damage to the garage appears to be fairly minor and I suspect she could have paid for the damages quite easily and doesn't strike me as sufficient reason for everything that followed.

Something caused her day to change. She went from buying a red wig and taking selfies to speeding through a residential neighbourhood and it all seemed to start after she hit the garage.

I thought he said 'im outta here'. Has it been said the location of where this video was taken? Is it likely that she thought that she would be followeed by whoever was remonstrating with her?

I don't believe that has actually ever been verified. The only thing the named source indicates is evidence of narcotics, which covers a broad rance of drugs, but that pesky unnamed source claims it's cocaine. Maybe it is in fact true but I keep wondering why nobody wants to share their name on that matter. Perhaps it's because comprehensive toxicology tests take weeks, not hours.
True. And re: the named source, the LA Times article goes on to say " Officer Annie Hernandez, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department, said a blood test showed the presence of narcotics, but those initial findings could be invalidated if medications at the hospital turned out to be the narcotics."

I thought he said 'im outta here'. Has it been said the location of where this video was taken? Is it likely that she thought that she would be followeed by whoever was remonstrating with her?

I wonder the same and would hope that someone other than TMZ is in possession of the full video and had statements from those who were present.

I think the woman (voice) filming it from far away said ‘ I’m outta here’ like she was verbalizing what AH was doing( leaving).
IMO after listening to the guys Loud demand (maybe that guy took the photo of her with her window down) . He seems to have turned it up several notches and she is saying “no sir” twice to his continued demand.
In her defense she did not know this guy.
So possibly scared to get out with him.
It has been speculated she could of imagined he was chasing after her.
The hair stylist, Mr Glass said she was sweet, normal speech, interaction. Her response to this loud guy was a respectful tone IMO.

All MOO

Quoting my own post here. I watched the video on YT - I am supposing that's a valid source seeing as its posted above. A comment identifies the location of the garages ( at 1130 Lake Street), so she may have just got lost.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDs1aax5nEQ&t=30s

I've mapped the route from the Hair Salon via 1130 Lake street to the junction of Preston Way and Walgrove Ave.

1661541872799.png

I'm curious too. The the damage to the garage appears to be fairly minor and I suspect she could have paid for the damages quite easily and doesn't strike me as sufficient reason for everything that followed.

Something caused her day to change. She went from buying a red wig and taking selfies to speeding through a residential neighbourhood and it all seemed to start after she hit the garage.
I also would like to know why she was in that sort of alley way with the storage units? Did she have a storage unit? did she get lost? Why did she run into that door?
In that very brief video, the guy outside her car, to me, appears to maybe wearing a uniform? like a security guard? That would make some sense as to why he was telling her to get out of the car; he needs to make a report. But she decides to flee, and you can hear the tires squeal as she leaves. How far from there to the crash scene?

I also would like to know why she was in that sort of alley way with the storage units? Did she have a storage unit? did she get lost? Why did she run into that door?
In that very brief video, the guy outside her car, to me, appears to maybe wearing a uniform? like a security guard? That would make some sense as to why he was telling her to get out of the car; he needs to make a report. But she decides to flee, and you can hear the tires squeal as she leaves. How far from there to the crash scene?
1661543193463.png
Not far at all.

I don't think those are storage units but rather garage spaces for the tenants living in the nearby apartment building. If you look further down there are similar structures next to other apartments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back