Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not yet seen any evidence that she is being treated differently.

I've got news for you: AH is already being treated differently re: this case. There are already people making excuses for her behavior on here & in other places. Read many of these posts & also what's being said about this situation in other places online. If she were a non-celebrity/non-wealthy & had done the same thing, this is what would have occurred:

The individual(s) responsible for the crash would have been universally condemned by the media & by others reading/hearing about the case.

I know that automobiles are recalled all the time because of faulty mechanism(s), etc. However, if the crash(es) were caused by a mechanical issue re: AH's car - she should have been able to determine this when she was driving initially - i.e., during the time leading up to the first crash. And, if that had been the case (i.e., if it was the car acting up) - she should have stopped driving & gotten out of the car, either before or immediately after the initial crash.

In other words, most people would not be stupid enough to continue driving a car if they can't control the car - especially if it keeps revving/going forward when you don't want it to and/or you if you can't control the speed, etc. Also, if that's the issue - I suspect the driver would have a good defense re: any damage the accident caused if it could be proven the issue was due to a faulty car mechanism & not because of human impairment/negligence/error/carelessness/etc.

Last edited:
That has been disproven as the happening the day of the accident.
The article just say's the podcast was "posted" the day of the crash, not that it was recorded then.
"Anne Heche "drank vodka" with "wine chasers" during a "Better Together" podcast recording with co-host Heather Duffy, which was posted hours before the fiery collision Heche reportedly caused on Friday when she crashed her Mini Cooper into a home in Mar Vista, California. The Apple podcast was published on Friday and then removed from the platform. It's unclear when the episode was taped.

Are these streets near her residence? Why would she frequent the area and repeatedly drive up and down these streets? I'm confused.
It's like trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense. I grew up with an alcoholic parent. We are thinking of things with rational minds. They aren't. Sadly sometimes you just can't make sense of the things they say or do...........

Because she was driving recklessly and speeding in Venice earlier that same morning, and then later crashed into that garage and kept driving, it seems out of the question that the vehicle had some sort of mechanical issue.
Likely the police will also talk to the residents who witnessed her speeding on the Venice street.

I think it would be absolutely horrible and while I suspect she will be assigned fault for the crash at some point, I still think there needs to be a complete investigation before we assume guilt.

I would certainly like to know if she's consumed drugs or alcohol, which needs to be legally proven but her car also needs to be inspected to rule out mechanical issues.

I find it hard to believe her car was suffering mechanical issues when she hit the apartment building as well. I find it more likely she is the common denominator in these two crashes. JMO.

I think it would be absolutely horrible and while I suspect she will be assigned fault for the crash at some point, I still think there needs to be a complete investigation before we assume guilt.

I would certainly like to know if she's consumed drugs or alcohol, which needs to be legally proven but her car also needs to be inspected to rule out mechanical issues.
This is speculation only, no facts to back it up. In reading the sequence of these horrific crashes, I am speculating that when she was not “successful” in her first crash, she sped ahead and tryed again. Seems like a horrific attempt at suicide, which may eventually succeed due to the extent of her injuries.

Again, speculation and opinion only.
A miracle no one else was injured

Tragic family history of Anne Heche: Her father raped her as a kid and then died of AIDS triggering her brother to commit suicide by driving into tree - before her sister died of cancer... and her mother says she's going to hell for being a lesbian

I don't know if she was trying to commit suicide but I do wonder if she got the idea to kill herself in a MVA because of her brother.

This is speculation only, no facts to back it up. In reading the sequence of these horrific crashes, I am speculating that when she was not “successful” in her first crash, she sped ahead and tryed again. Seems like a horrific attempt at suicide, which may eventually succeed due to the extent of her injuries.

Initially, I did not think it was an intentional crash but as more information has become available, especially in regards to her driving rapidly along other streets, my mind has changed.

Anne had to know or at least see that she was approaching the T intersection but she drove as fast as her vehicle would take her plowing into those bushes at the home. She apparently didn't care if oncoming traffic was coming at the intersection. Fortunately, there was not any. She was determined to crash. imo

Tragic family history of Anne Heche: Her father raped her as a kid and then died of AIDS triggering her brother to commit suicide by driving into tree - before her sister died of cancer... and her mother says she's going to hell for being a lesbian

I don't know if she was trying to commit suicide but I do wonder if she got the idea to kill herself in a MVA because of her brother.

LaborDayRN, do you think they had time to give her a few rescue breaths before they covered her up and headed to the ambulance? I understand the rush, but I was worried she might have been unable to breathe from being in the burning house for so long. What's the proper procedure in a situation like this?

LaborDayRN, do you think they had time to give her a few rescue breaths before they covered her up and headed to the ambulance? I understand the rush, but I was worried she might have been unable to breathe from being in the burning house for so long. What's the proper procedure in a situation like this?
I honestly don't know. She'd been in the car for quite some time surrounded by smoke. The car had been removed from the house and pulled out into the street.
I would think they would have given her supplemental oxygen on the gurney if she needed it but it's really hard to tell from the video. Also, in the state she was in psychologically she appeared to be rather combative and may not have kept the mask on.
Here is some interesting reading on oxygen and fire.

Oxygen and flammability​

It’s the result of a chemical reaction called combustion. You have to have fuel, which may be wood or gas. When this fuel is heated to a certain temperature, a chemical reaction occurs. This is called combustion. The end result is heat and fire.
Oxygen is an oxidizer. It supports a flame. It makes a flame burn brighter. It’s also needed for combustion to occur. Take away the oxygen and the flame will stop burning. Add more oxygen to the mix and you’ll get a larger flame. Or, potentially, you might have an explosion.2,3

[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4487390/[/URL]

I have wondered the same and a family member in LE told me years ago that vehicular suicide is not uncommon.

He suggested that vehicular suicide his hard to prove so insurance pays out, unlike more conventional methods of suicide.

I have wondered the same and a family member in LE told me years ago that vehicular suicide is not uncommon.

He suggested that vehicular suicide his hard to prove so insurance pays out, unlike more conventional methods of suicide.
It’s so selfish though… sorry, I know people get suicidal but vehicular suicide can be like a murder suicide!

Upthread was a transcription of an interview with AH and Larry King where she reported driving all over the place and following instructions from "God." She said she and "God" were talking and he was telling her where to drive and she ended up in a desert. Considering this, her family history of schizophrenia, and her own frequent admissions of mental health problems, it sounds like her wild driving may have been a consequence of "instructions" from "God." If she was on medication for mental illness and had been drinking recently -- which we know to be the case from the drunken podcast filmed several days prior to the crash -- often alcohol and antipsychotics/antidepressants don't mix well together. For example, alcohol can increase side effects of the mood stabilizer lamotrigine, so some people stop taking it when they want to drink, and that only causes a downward spiral, exacerbating mental health issues & triggering more drinking, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01