Anthony Family Behaviors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS!

I don't know if you'll check back here but...for you & others with similar questions, you might like to do a search for narcissistic personality disorder. (NPD)

A good place to start (once you google it) might be the DSM or even mayoclinic.com. You can also just wikipedia it.

People with Narcissisitc Personality Disorder (NPD) have extremely low self esteem.

I've snipped this from mayoclinic.com, which is layman-friendly:
Happy Sleuthing!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Emma. Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but my undergrad degree was in psych and masters degree was in a counseling-related field. I do know what the "psychological" literature says about narcissism and self-esteem and I just don't buy it. Psycho-Babble aside, Casey clearly loves Casey and no one else - her behaviour screams it out. I know traditional psychology says that if one's self-esteem is low they really can't love anyone either. And I do believe Casey has not demonstrated regard for anyone other than herSELF. But that is just my point: Isn't what we believe to be low self-esteem in reality having regard ONLY for oneself (i.e., self-absorbption?) No one demonstrates this for me more clearly than Casey and what I have observed of her behavior. But of course, this is just IMO. Gosh, hope I didn't offend anyone (especially as a Newbie here

I thought I would bump this to the top again after Cindy's last "credible tip" that generated a frenzy.

I theorize that if TES finds a body or any remains, she still won't be able to accept it. I hope that someone in their conglomeration of spokespersons, publicists, family representatives will get this woman some much needed grief counseling. Both her and George are so defiant in their denial when facts are staring them in the face.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Emma. Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but my undergrad degree was in psych and masters degree was in a counseling-related field. I do know what the "psychological" literature says about narcissism and self-esteem and I just don't buy it. Psycho-Babble aside, Casey clearly loves Casey and no one else - her behaviour screams it out. I know traditional psychology says that if one's self-esteem is low they really can't love anyone either. And I do believe Casey has not demonstrated regard for anyone other than herSELF. But that is just my point: Isn't what we believe to be low self-esteem in reality having regard ONLY for oneself (i.e., self-absorbption?) No one demonstrates this for me more clearly than Casey and what I have observed of her behavior. But of course, this is just IMO. Gosh, hope I didn't offend anyone (especially as a Newbie here

I can't grasp the concept of someone having low self-esteem while at the same time having such a large ego and huge sense of entitlement. It appears to me that Casey is completely in love with herself and believes that everyone else should be too.

I can't grasp the concepet of someone having low self-esteem while at the same time having such a large ego and huge sense of entitlement. It appears to me that Casey is completely in love with herself and believes that everyone else should be too.

what bothers me most is that she seems to have this *smirk* when walking in front of cameras. I don't think she suffers from low self-esteem, I think she is very calculating, she shows only self concern....no remorse, no anxiety. (or thats what she wants to show the media)...

I question that no one in her family saw this type of behavior and did not get her evaluated by a professional. jmho

I think the reason people are so upset about this case, even more so than other cases, is because of how the family presents themselves.

I have been heavily involved in 3 other cases and all 3 bothered me alot but I don't think I have ever been as disgusted as I am with this case. I watched the Van dam Case, The Natalee Holloway case and the Scott Peterson case, all the way thru. One huge difference I see here is the lack of emotion and caring about this little girl.

I remember the Van Dams several times a day begging the public for their help. They were also crucified over their life style etc but that didn't stop them. They cried out for help to find their daughter (even tho Damon was even accused of maybe doing something to her). They got out and searched all day every day. They got a huge turnout inspite of some negative attention drawn to them.

We all know how Beth and Dave begged for help. People from this country went all the way to Aruba to search for Natalee. They left no stone unturned.

Now we have the Anthonys. They have a very guilty looking daughter that lied like no tomorrow. Not one word from her lips the truth. Didn't notify ANYONE her daughter is gone. Has the smell of a cadaver in her car. Her mother and father smelled it. There is also other evidence the child is dead by the hand of her mother. The grandparents, instead of begging for the publics help no matter what it brings, are spreading more untruths, outrageous stories, claiming they know who has the child but can't tell anyone, then saying no one knows where she is. They have yelled at the public and media and called them nasty names. They have never gone out searching ANYWHERE, DEAD OR ALIVE for this child. I still have alot of compassion for the Anthony's but something is very wrong here. There is something missing here that makes this story very unpalatable.

What kills me is that they have the media's FULL ATTENTION & yet never use it to help them find Caylee...... ONLY to help Casey's defense.

IMO, it's VERY telling that even after they finally relented & hired a spokesman to help them handle things.... even the spokesman is using the time to try to defend Casey.

The ONLY time this has NOT been ALL ABOUT CASEY is the couple of seconds at the end of each media appearance claiming it SHOULD BE all about Caylee.

what bothers me most is that she seems to have this *smirk* when walking in front of cameras. I don't think she suffers from low self-esteem, I think she is very calculating, she shows only self concern....no remorse, no anxiety. (or thats what she wants to show the media)...

I question that no one in her family saw this type of behavior and did not get her evaluated by a professional. jmho

Maybe they thought she'd grow out of it. Many people raise their young children to believe the world revolves around them and, as the child ages and matures, reality sets them straight. I imagine that Casey's misdeeds and attitudes were basically small potatoes when she was younger. Surely the Anthonys didn't see that she was destined to become a thief and a murderer. Hindsight is 20/20.

EDIT TO ADD: I also see that the Anthonys value a very high sense of order and organization. They need everything to be perfect in their world. Perhaps they weren't willing to accept that Casey was flawed?

In total agreement with the above posts.

I can't grasp the concept of someone having low self-esteem while at the same time having such a large ego and huge sense of entitlement. It appears to me that Casey is completely in love with herself and believes that everyone else should be too.
Maybe simply the title of this well-known book about borderline personality disorder will help you with the concept - it's called "Lost in the Mirror."

I have a family member with bpd and, in all seriousness, living with someone with these types of disorders makes you question your own sanity!

Hope that helps!

I couldn't agree with everything you have said more if I had wrote it myself. There is a lot wrong other than the 911 cal from CA and the friend Christina that following night I have yet to see a tear shed.It just bumfuzzles me to death. I don't know what is wrong with these people,but I think they are all pretty strange. Even this past week when Lee was ask about the new evidence all he had to say was in America everyone is innocent until proven guilty.You know I think we as onlookers are a lot more grieving than any of these people. But Ca you go ahead and defend kc my guess is she has no respect for you either.

snipped EDIT TO ADD: I also see that the Anthonys value a very high sense of order and organization. They need everything to be perfect in their world. Perhaps they weren't willing to accept that Casey was flawed?[/QUOTE said:
but she couldn't even graduate High School, surely they could see that Casey was not an "over achiever"....she had no limits on partying, going out, living off her parents. They knew from the get-go that she was a liar and a thief. How can they keep enabling her when she stole $$ from her own grandmother?

i'm sorry, i'm rambling here, it just boggles my mind, they are partly to blame for not setting a limit and making Casey accountable for her actions. Perhaps if they had been more....(i don't even know more what at this point)....it wouldn't have gotten to the point where she killed or was so grossly negligent the child died. i'm gettinglongwinded...sorry.

Maybe simply the title of this well-known book about borderline personality disorder will help you with the concept - it's called "Lost in the Mirror."

I have a family member with bpd and, in all seriousness, living with someone with these types of disorders makes you question your own sanity!

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I'll see if my local library has it, or if they can order it...sounds like interesting reading. I recall a lot of speculation about Anna Nicole Smith being Narcissisitic with low self-esteem. I had a difficult time buying that one too. Maybe the book will help me understand.

Know what you mean about the Anthony's....check out this quote from an article today.

"(Investigators) have to justify what they've done thus far," said Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony's mother. "They've railroaded Casey from the very first day ... it's very evident."

http://www.local6.com/news/17367883...lpn_12pm&tmi=orlpn_12pm_1_10550509022008&ts=H

I used to think she was just grieving, but this statement is just mind-boggling. Casey LIED to LE repeatedly, yet they've managed to turn it into "she's being railroaded." Wow. I have no words.

but she couldn't even graduate High School, surely they could see that Casey was not an "over achiever"....she had no limits on partying, going out, living off her parents. They knew from the get-go that she was a liar and a thief. How can they keep enabling her when she stole $$ from her own grandmother?

i'm sorry, i'm rambling here, it just boggles my mind, they are partly to blame for not setting a limit and making Casey accountable for her actions. Perhaps if they had been more....(i don't even know more what at this point)....it wouldn't have gotten to the point where she killed or was so grossly negligent the child died. i'm gettinglongwinded...sorry.

Or......they saw that Casey was able to get and keep a good job at Univeral studios in spite of not graduating from high school and in spite of having a baby at a young age. They saw that she worked long hours into the night. George seemed to think she rarely even drank. How Casey got away with those lies is beyond me, but she's not the first to do it.

Towards the end they apparently DID see that she was a liar and a thief and they were taking steps to make her pay the consequences. Unfortunately by then it was too late.

Sure, they made mistakes as parents but who among us hasn't? No one thinks their child is going to grow up to kill their own baby.

So, after viewing those lake vaj pics all I can think about is how totally disappointed on so many levels the Anthony's must be in their daughter right now. You know they didn't raise her to behave like that. You add that in with the thought of their dear Caylee being dead and that their daughter probably caused it...WOW. I think I'd probably be in a big ol' state of denial too.

Watch Grandma Cindy in front of the media. Casey is EXACTLY how they raised her to behave.

hello ...i'm a lurker and i have read read read till i'm blue in the face ......what is wrong with this mother Casey ...what is wrong with these grandparents Cindy and George .... why are strangers looking and talking about this case and casey doesnt say a word ...????? Cindy wants the truth but is in denial that daughter could have killed Caylee...if you said the nanny killed caylee Cindy would beleive that line ...but to think that casey killed her ...no no way .......and why why why wont casey just tell us where caylee is ???????????:furious:then fight to prove she didnt kill her ...instead of acting like she doesnt care ...does she think life in prison will be easy on her ....remember prisons dont like baby killers !!!!! i look at caylee 's pictures and my heart breaks ...what in the world did that litttle girl do to be killed for .....loved her grandparents more then casey ? start saying what mommy was doing ? was in her mommy's way to party ???? what could this little girl have done.....????? and all these friends of casey ...is there not one person she confided in ???? or is it nobody wants to get involved ????the women had it made ...she had a baby and was still able to live at her parents and have them support her ...100 % ... and she hated Caylee for that ??? i have prayed for caylee and will continue to pray ...but i hate casey with a passion i cant describe ...and i know that is wrong but.......actions speak LOUDER than words ...........Casey do the right then and tell someone where little caylee is at ....

but she couldn't even graduate High School, surely they could see that Casey was not an "over achiever"....she had no limits on partying, going out, living off her parents. They knew from the get-go that she was a liar and a thief. How can they keep enabling her when she stole $$ from her own grandmother?.
<snip>

Cindy called her daughter a “sociopath." She knows Casey killed her baby.

Ryan P. got a call from Cindy earlier this summer. He said she warned him against talking to Casey because “she’s been lying about a lot of stuff and . . . stole money from her and her grandmother.”

I couldn't agree with everything you have said more if I had wrote it myself. There is a lot wrong other than the 911 cal from CA and the friend Christina that following night I have yet to see a tear shed.It just bumfuzzles me to death. I don't know what is wrong with these people,but I think they are all pretty strange. Even this past week when Lee was ask about the new evidence all he had to say was in America everyone is innocent until proven guilty.You know I think we as onlookers are a lot more grieving than any of these people. But Ca you go ahead and defend kc my guess is she has no respect for you either.

Remember Casey can’t cry because she has to keep her composure to talk to detectives.

PUHHH LEASE!

I think it is beyond odd that casey and not one family member held a multi-media plead begging for the return of Caylee from the public..most all families do this..have a new conference, hold up pictures, beg and plead for the return and any help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11