Anthonys Seek Private Jail Visit With Casey

Brad C stated to the press a while back that the family wanted to visit privately with Casey, or hold a private service in jail with her. It was much discussed here, but jail officials, when contacted, said no such request had as yet been made. It must finally have been made by BC, but whether in the wake of the public service or at another time, I have no idea.

I think this farce has gone on too long already.

The trial needs to start real soon. I can not see why it needs to take very long.

After sentencing, the A's can vistit KC in prison, assuming that is the norm.

After the last document dump, the sticker, the blanket, I do think it is worth one more try. You never know unless you try.

And also, they won't be "alone" -- there would be people monitoring even if it isn't taped and I don't think she'll ever confess under the watchful eye of authority.

Ok, I don't want to come across as petty here, but pleeaase.
I'm so sick of that family having a sense of entitlement and expecting special treatment. I think that all of us need to email the sheriffs dept protesting this possibility. A few thousand emails against could have alot of effect.
It is completely unfair to every other incarcerated person in Fl who does not get the special treatment. I'm emailing now.

i'll jump on that band wagon ... what's the email address. i am tired of thinking they are special and an exception to the rules. this is what is wrong with kc now.:doh:

I would have absolutely no problem with this. I think too much information has been released already. As long as they are not asking for anything special in terms of not having a monitored visit, we don't need to see every single breath they take or move they make.. IMO, it is the release of these tapes that is sensationalizing an already sensational case. I think keeping some of these visits private (read not released to the public) would be an incredibly wise move.
My gosh, as long as the information is available to the authorities who cares if *we * can watch it LOL.

I just have to laugh. Can you imagine a totally private meeting and the A's emerging with: Hey, she confessed... wheee!

Hmmm reading a few posts does everyone understand that they aren't asking for privacy in terms of not being recorded or monitored..they just don't want it released to the public? I think this is totally reasonable.

I would have absolutely no problem with this. I think too much information has been released already. As long as they are not asking for anything special in terms of not having a monitored visit, we don't need to see every single breath they take or move they make.. IMO, it is the release of these tapes that is sensationalizing an already sensational case. I think keeping some of these visits private would be an incredibly wise move.
My gosh, as long as the information is available to the authorities who cares if *we * can watch it LOL.

Yes, but JBean, what would be the point of a monitored meeting then? How does that help to find truth in this case? Do you think she'll confess if there are no cameras but outsiders are watching? Do you support this because you think it will comfort the family? Is it a good precedent to set for other inmates and their families? How does this support the public good?

lol. I know that's a lot of kwestions.

I just have to laugh. Can you imagine a totally private meeting and the A's emerging with: Hey, she confessed... wheee!
OKay maybe I am missing it. I don't think they are asking for it to be private or not monitored or any typical protocols violated..they just don't want it released to the media.

Hmmm reading a few posts does everyone understand that they aren't asking for privacy in terms of not being recorded or monitored..they just don't want it released to the public? I think this is totally reasonable.

As was stated above, Florida has the sunshine law and that's the way it is. So why are they entitled to anything extraordinary?

OKay maybe I am missing it. I don't think they are asking for it to be private or not monitored or any typical protocols violated..they just don't want it released to the media.

But isn't that kinda wanting a privlage there, because of the Sunshine laws...which I do think needs to be fixed. But as of now it's there and in place.

Yes, but JBean, what would be the point of a monitored meeting then? How does that help to find truth in this case? Do you think she'll confess if there are no cameras but outsiders are watching? Do you support this because you think it will comfort the family? Is it a good precedent to set for other inmates and their families? How does this support the public good?

lol. I know that's a lot of kwestions.
Meetings are monitored to make sure they are not planning a jail escape for goodness sake. No one is expecting a confession through these meetings. they just make sure an inmate is directing evidence to be destroyed or information to be carried, things like that. Sort of like how they screen their mail. Why do *we* have to see it? Maybe there are laws in place that allow this in Florida but come on, is it really necessary for every word between family members to be revealed?
if she says something incriminating or violates a jail rule, the authorities will hear it, isn't that what counts?

How many other inmate conversations have we listened to? i have never listened to any...ever.

That particular post was responding to a comment that maybe she'd confess if it wasn't recorded. Just wanted to clarify.

Meetings are monitored to make sure they are not planning a jail escape for goodness sake. No one is expecting a confession through these meetings. they just make sure an inmate is directing evidence to be destroyed or information to be carried, things like that. Sort of like how they screen their mail. Why do *we* have to see it? Maybe there are laws in place that allow this in Florida but come on, is it really necessary for every word between family members to be revealed?
if she says something incriminating or violates a jail rule, the authorities will hear it, isn't that what counts?

NO! EQUALITY FOR ALL. If they want to disband the Sunshine Law then fine. Otherwise, no soup for you! :)

Anyway, like him or not, JB represents her and he would never allow her in a situation where she could open the door to waiving her attorney client privilege or be in danger of incriminating herself. Even if the court was willing to violate the law to make an exception for the A's, which it probably is not.

I think they should put them in the room and promise not to videotape. (Insert fingers crossed and wink wink icon here) At the end they should say "Oops, I lied." Me one, you two hundred. Then this piece of public property paid for by tax payers and open to the public through the wonderful Sunshine laws can be released.

Did the A's mention who should pay for the extra guards, monitors, prisoner moving, extra security needed at every turn, and the utilities and mortgage on the facility so that they can have an unprecedented meeting with their little murderer? Maybe they would like Ruth's Chris to cater their little get together. I also think they may need a full bar and a masseuse. Who wants ice cream?

I reckon they can just keep passing notes through their little postman. I still cannot believe that stunt is legal.

That bugs me so much. It is so wrong. These people have such an astounding sense of entitlement and I think that jail is really wrong for catering to them - allowing Baez to pass notes - KC said this during the August interview that was recently released. Wrong, just plain wrong. What in the world is going on with the jail?

They released the jail recordings of that wrestler's son, Hulk Hogan or something? Anyway, it has happened with celebs and other high profile cases I'm sure.

But isn't that kinda wanting a privlage there, because of the Sunshine laws...which I do think needs to be fixed. But as of now it's there and in place.
If I understand the Sunshine Laws make infomration available if it is requested. Why in the world does anyone need to request a meeting between family members? IMO, the media requesting this is only for ratings and has nothing to do with getting justice for Caylee. it is to satisfy the curiousity that is out there. No more no less. JMHO of course.
How do we help caylee by listening to the Anthony's jailhouse monitored conversations LOL!

Of course it is. All that the A's are asking is that the video not be released to the public. Other inmates have videotaped visits - I'd be willing to bet that not one of those videos can be found online. The A's aren't asking for anything special or out of the ordinary. Just the opposite, they're asking for the same treatment everyone else gets.

I think the difference is that the media is not requesting the videos via the Sunshine Law. They wanted this high profile, so they need to take the good with the bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back