Any poster here know Darlie before she married Darin?

Evidently Darin and his current wife were dating during high school too. Here is a photo she (Cindy Black) posted on her Facebook account. The caption reads "Throwback Thursday..... Darin and I 30 years ago... 1984"

photo.php

(This photo will open if you Right click on it and choose Open In New tab)

Very interesting. I was wondering who he married. I wonder how log they've been together?

They lived in Lubbock during high school, and it was/is a pretty snobby town. Darlie may not have had tons of friends that would be online or talking to authors who have written about her.

Darlie was born up north in Altoona, Pennsylvania. I think that was one reason for the upcoming trip to Ohio to visit her father's side of the family. IIRC Darlie Kee moved down here with an second husband, with Darlie and Dana in tow.

Wow, that's where I live now. When I first moved up here back in 2004, I met two aunts of hers. They totally believed in her innocence; I don't, so we didn't have much to discuss! :dunno:

Wow, that's where I live now. When I first moved up here back in 2004, I met two aunts of hers. They totally believed in her innocence; I don't, so we didn't have much to discuss! :dunno:

Are they her aunts from Darlie Kee's side of the family or her fathers side?

I believe in this case the correct verdict was arrived at very early on. It's a shame the same cannot be said of JonBenet Ramsey =/

She's the one that invited the press!
They said she was distraught at a memorial service at the grave but I've never seen that video so I doubt it exists or they would be showing it all over the WWW.

She's the one that invited the press!
They said she was distraught at a memorial service at the grave but I've never seen that video so I doubt it exists or they would be showing it all over the WWW.

I had not heard of this story so i did some reading. This story is very chilling! The video of the birthday party just blew my mind. On a video of the party I saw one very, very brief glimpse of her "appearing" to grieve. IMO it was fake. The video was linked in a story I was reading. I don't think I can post a link for the story or the video but it was easy to find.

The birthday party at the grave was something that I'm sure Darlie wishes never would have happened. Darlie appeared to me to be so relieved at that little party. You could see the happiness just gleaming from her. She was radiating happiness not grieve. It was almost like she was gloating because she thought she had gotten away with murder. Her actions spoke volumes and I don't think it had anything to do with the medication she was on.

They were going broke and she wasn't having that. They had a huge fight that night. Darin knew what she had done as soon as he got downstairs. Listen to the YouTube video "Darlies Promise". Quite telling. And it was the moron herself that called the press to film her in her daisy dukes chomping on gum at that silly string debacle.

Okay I have a problem with various assessments based on how someone looks or how it seems they are, based on something someone read or saw or heard about.

Let me state for the record I think Darlie is guilty, so I'm not defending her. The focus of the OP was if anyone personally knew DR. So far it doesn't seem from the responses anyone did or does.

Therefore, the opinions (which everyone is certainly entitled to) are based on no direct contact or personal experiences with DR, but on impressions formed from media, news, etc. Thus, I discount them. Not that she isn't egotistical or narcissistic (and I would have no way to determine that so she might very well be), but without knowing someone directly then it's kind of irrelevant.

I will say that styles of hair and clothes in the 80's and early 90's did tend towards big hair in certain geographical areas (and perhaps in most areas). Big hair, big earrings, big shoulder pads, bright colors. Take a look at how Oprah dressed back then. Huge over-styled hair. I remember a term called "Dallas hair." A gal I worked with was from TX and that's what she called it (this was in the late 80's).

I've been looking through this thread waiting for someone who actually knows her to say something. But it's nothing but conjecture. And yes, it was the 90s in TX. That's what people looked like!

I agree with everything you said.

There was an incident with Darin early on in their dating years. Forgive me if I get some of it incorrect.

They went to a party together. Darlie thought that her new man was not paying enough attention to her. She stormed out in a huff. No one knew where she went. She appeared again later, claiming to have been attacked and raped. I don't know if anyone called LE or if she went and got a rape test done. I would imagine if she did, the forensics (once again) did not match her story.

If the story is true, I'm sure she got what she wanted....everyone's attention and pity and particularly that of Darin.

I'm wondering where you got this story. I'd like to interview the source for my show.

Did you notice the lie she told Herzog right at the beginning? She told him the knife nicked her carotid artery. No it didn't, it nicked the sheath that covers the artery. Oh and that dream, I almost puked.

"then this white bright light filled the window and I knew it was God's way of telling my children were with him."

Yes Darlie you didn't want them but God did.

Not meaning to defend her or anything, but IMO, as a nurse, there's a good chance she doesn't know the difference between the carotid sheath and the carotid artery. In fact, I'd think most people wouldn't know.. although I do think most people I'm around are smarter than Darlie.. Not sure about the general population who are in her age group.

I have a bit more info about her past which is not hearsay. I'm watching the weekly ABC special airing about her case, and there's a lot of renewed interest in her all over the place. I have found out that Darin and Darlie met when she was only 15. Apparently, she had a serious teenage relationship with him from almost the beginning of them meeting, and they planned to marry when she was legal age, and did so.

There's an anecdote about one of her relatives going to work at the Golden Sizzler ( a cheap-o steak restaurant chain) and Darin going to work there so he could run into Darlie.

Everyone knows he's older... they married when she was 19.
I don't think she ever had another boyfriend or maybe not even another date other than Darin.
Interesting about his current wife being a classmate of one or the other's in Lubbock.

This was said about them: That they created their own reality and his initial business success changed them greatly.

I can relate, except as just a girl who dated a 16 year old with a new car when I was only 12 ( what were my parents thinking?), got engaged to him when I was 15 and he was almost 20, and did marry him when I was 19 ( divorced him by the age of 20), Because of this early fiasco in my life, I absolutely remember what it's like to be very young, non- questioning, naive, and be controlled in ways that are very subtle but harmfully manipulative.

I wonder if that's what her/ his/ their life was like early on in Rowlett, the two of them in their own little world, maybe controlling and hurting each other and not living truly adult lives?
Note- this refers only to Darlie and Darin, not to the boys or what happened to them.

I had not heard of this story so i did some reading. This story is very chilling! The video of the birthday party just blew my mind. On a video of the party I saw one very, very brief glimpse of her "appearing" to grieve. IMO it was fake. The video was linked in a story I was reading. I don't think I can post a link for the story or the video but it was easy to find.

There are many older threads on this case. It's explained and shown on video that they were there to have a memorial celebration of the birthday boy's life. There is video taped by the same station that edited out the parts they didn't want people to see. Darlie was crying. Her face was red and her nose was running- not faked crying. The plan was to release balloons in memory of both boys on the one's birthday at the cemetery.
Her SISTER brought a young child and 2 cans of silly string.
She and other family members consoled Darlie and convinced her that the boys would want them to be happy and celebrate their lives.... The sister started spraying the silly string on some of the balloons and Darlie did too. Darin had Drake there, no one objected, all of them were laughing and talking about the boys' cute things they did.

It was an edited video in that the initial sorrow and crying which seemed very genuine to me was edited out. I've seen a ton of faked crying in my profession ( also, in other cases, as Patsy Ramsey was probably the pro fake crier of all time) and Darlie was depressed looking when she arrived in a baggy shirt, little to no makeup or grooming and casual shorts, and was not smiling or cheerful when she was first at the cemetery.

Lastly, they did not spray the silly string on the graves. It's a memorial which was and is flat to the ground, and they sprayed higher than that, in the area of some balloons tied nearby.

Edited to add a thought- IF Darlie had staged the " silly string' part for media, I believe she would have done her hair, had on 3 layers of makeup and been dressed quite differently. It was the 90's and young women were flashy in Texas.. I'm a woman, and a Texan. :)

Last edited:
I have a bit more info about her past which is not hearsay. I'm watching the weekly ABC special airing about her case, and there's a lot of renewed interest in her all over the place. I have found out that Darin and Darlie met when she was only 15. Apparently, she had a serious teenage relationship with him from almost the beginning of them meeting, and they planned to marry when she was legal age, and did so.

There's an anecdote about one of her relatives going to work at the Golden Sizzler ( a cheap-o steak restaurant chain) and Darin going to work there so he could run into Darlie.

Everyone knows he's older... they married when she was 19.
I don't think she ever had another boyfriend or maybe not even another date other than Darin.
Interesting about his current wife being a classmate of one or the other's in Lubbock.

This was said about them: That they created their own reality and his initial business success changed them greatly.

I can relate, except as just a girl who dated a 16 year old with a new car when I was only 12 ( what were my parents thinking?), got engaged to him when I was 15 and he was almost 20, and did marry him when I was 19 ( divorced him by the age of 20), Because of this early fiasco in my life, I absolutely remember what it's like to be very young, non- questioning, naive, and be controlled in ways that are very subtle but harmfully manipulative.

I wonder if that's what her/ his/ their life was like early on in Rowlett, the two of them in their own little world, maybe controlling and hurting each other and not living truly adult lives?
Note- this refers only to Darlie and Darin, not to the boys or what happened to them.

I can relate to this as well. I was dating my first husband from the age of 16 until we married at the age of 18. I have to also say, that getting married wasn't what I really wanted to do. I only felt obligated, and I saw it as freedom from my controlling father. My dream was to get out on my own and get my own apartment with a roommate. Who knows after that, I craved freedom.
Unfortunately it didn't work out that way for me. I caved in to the controlling men in my life at that time. It's ok, I woke up a few years later. :)

The thing is, when we are in our youth, we often don't make the best decisions. Especially if we don't have a good support system , which I did not at that time. Did Darlie? I have no idea.

Getting back to Darin and Darlie, I think it may very well have been similar with them. They married too young, had children too young, while they were both rather self-centered, and Darlie quite narcissistic. Not a good formula for being parents, IMO. Why they had three children so quickly also, I will never understand.
But no, I am in no way making excuses for what she did to those precious babies, no no, not at all. Never. She had all kinds of ways she could have changed her life, and that, was not a choice.

Last edited:
I think that her fake grief was why her attorney chose not to show that part of the video to the jury. That makes all the sense in the world, if he thought it would only further incriminate her.

There are many older threads on this case. It's explained and shown on video that they were there to have a memorial celebration of the birthday boy's life. There is video taped by the same station that edited out the parts they didn't want people to see. Darlie was crying. Her face was red and her nose was running- not faked crying. The plan was to release balloons in memory of both boys on the one's birthday at the cemetery.
Her SISTER brought a young child and 2 cans of silly string.
She and other family members consoled Darlie and convinced her that the boys would want them to be happy and celebrate their lives.... The sister started spraying the silly string on some of the balloons and Darlie did too. Darin had Drake there, no one objected, all of them were laughing and talking about the boys' cute things they did.

It was an edited video in that the initial sorrow and crying which seemed very genuine to me was edited out. I've seen a ton of faked crying in my profession ( also, in other cases, as Patsy Ramsey was probably the pro fake crier of all time) and Darlie was depressed looking when she arrived in a baggy shirt, little to no makeup or grooming and casual shorts, and was not smiling or cheerful when she was first at the cemetery.

Lastly, they did not spray the silly string on the graves. It's a memorial which was and is flat to the ground, and they sprayed higher than that, in the area of some balloons tied nearby.

Edited to add a thought- IF Darlie had staged the " silly string' part for media, I believe she would have done her hair, had on 3 layers of makeup and been dressed quite differently. It was the 90's and young women were flashy in Texas.. I'm a woman, and a Texan. :)

I understand what you're saying. But Darlie showing grief or appearing depressed really has no bearing on her guilt. She very well could have been feeling regret, guilt, grief, and depression after murdering her two children. So, maybe she's not a psychopath, that's all that really tells us. It appears though that all the evidence points to her being the murderer. I wish there was some evidence that showed otherwise, but if so, where is it?

I understand what you're saying. But Darlie showing grief or appearing depressed really has no bearing on her guilt. She very well could have been feeling regret, guilt, grief, and depression after murdering her two children. So, maybe she's not a psychopath, that's all that really tells us. It appears though that all the evidence points to her being the murderer. I wish there was some evidence that showed otherwise, but if so, where is it?

The premise was that she staged the silly string party and notified the media of the event, thus it was filmed. The purpose was said to be to put the spotlight on her, frolocking around in a cemetery where 2 of her sons had just been laid to rest.

My point is that this is not what happened. You can't have it both ways. Jurors have said they decided she was guilty after the " silly string" video, so has the prosecutor. But, it wasn't a " silly string" party at the cemetery video.
Her sister was stupid for bringing the crap to the cemetery and for telling Darlie to act cheerful and happy- when she wasn't.

The person who likely orchestrated the murders and who had the strength to stab the boys deeply enough that the concrete foundation slab underneath the flooring was chipped was standing right there in the cemetery as well, hands in pockets. No real emotions of any type shown. Thus, wasn't really noticed by most people unless you look for them, specifically.

I believe Darlie was a scapegoat.
Not going to debate all this again, ever.
What we think doesn't matter, really, but I DO think she will get a new trial and the outcome will be different.

Herein is part of the problem with this whole saga. So much false information. Just one example: There were no stabs that went through the bodies and into the floor. I think one of the officers maybe said that in a televised interview, but it was wrong. The autopsy pictures, which are on the record, clearly show no wounds going all the way through the boys' bodies. I even think the autopsy photos are online somewhere - so go look. And the coroner also testified to that during the trial. So refuse to debate all you want, but at least get the facts straight (which is hard to do unless you go through the entire trial transcript).

Personally, I think jurors were wrong to put emphasis on the silly string video. And I think the prosecution was wrong to emphasize Darlie's lifestyle. But there is still no evidence of anyone else's involvement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back