Anything New?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all kids sleep for 12 hours. IMO 7pm is particularly early to put kids to bed especially on holidays & especially a child of almost 4!

You are right: not all kids sleep for 12 hours. Not all kids are the same, some need more sleep than others. I am just saying that to me it does not sound like extremely early to put a kid of 4 years old to bed.

My kids are 6 years old and they go to bed at 7pm every night. Left to their own devices they will not wake up before 7.30 at the very earliest the next morning... And during holidays they are usually knackered and ready for bed by 6pm!

I just don't think you can deduce anything from the time they put their kids to bed. It certainly doesn't sound too early to me...

That does not mean I think they are guilty or innocent. I am very much still a fencesitter...

I have two kids. One is 15 months old (takes two naps) and the other is a 7 years old. Both of them go to sleep every night at 7:00pm. They get up by 6:00.

If the kids went to sleep pretty quickly as a routine, then they'd be up around 5 am. Wonder if the McCanns normally got up that early?

What an excellent question. I have a feeling these parents didn't rise at the crack of dawn like their kids did. Or should I say I bet they didn't while on vacation.

Not being picky, but what does the sleeping patterns of the McCanns have to do with finding Madelaine. Focus needs to be on the night Madelaine went missing.

Not being picky, but what does the sleeping patterns of the McCanns have to do with finding Madelaine. Focus needs to be on the night Madelaine went missing.

I agree and that was precisely my point: unless you know kids intimately you can't see whether putting them to bed at 7pm is too early or normal routine.

My guess is some people's reasoning seems to be that putting them to bed at 7pm is too early and they would not have gone to sleep at that time without help (read: sedatives).

Dutchess

If 7:00 was the usual for these kids, as was for mine. It opens some questions as to the time line.

Were the kids sound asleep at 8:20ish (well over an hour later) when some place them at at the Tapas, or 8:30 as they have claimed , or later at 8:55ish when even others place them there?

If it is the 8:55 time why the need to check on the kids 10 minutes later at 9:05 as GM claimed? By the same token if is was 8:20, the every half hour checks don't add up but if it was 8:30 their timeline works.

It works in the McCanns favor that their children would be sleeping without the aid of sedatives more than an hour later, which is their claim, but the claim of others is that Maddie was a trouble maker at bedtime.

Their sleeping habits matter because of the timeline issues and the sedation question.

Their sleeping habits matter because of the timeline issues and the sedation question.

Yes at the time of Madelaines disappearance the sleeping habits of the children could provide information that would help the case, but some posters are stating the sleeping habits of the parents and the children after the fact, which imo is not necessary, they are also referring to their own childrens sleeping habits, this is just another way that we stray away from Madelaine, I am not criticising anyone just asking if some of the information is necessary.

That's not too enlightening ...

"Underscoring their astonishment when they heard of the tragedy. 'We did not know that they had children, we do airplanes never seen with their small because Mccanns and their friends are always came alone...'"

I apologize. As you can see from the end of the link in my post, I was reading the article at the French dhnet and when I pushed "Translate" and posted the article here, I assumed it would be a sensible translation. It wasn't, I see from your quote.

What an excellent question. I have a feeling these parents didn't rise at the crack of dawn like their kids did. Or should I say I bet they didn't while on vacation.
Certainly not after a feed of alcohol!

Putting the kiddos to bed early and then staying out late partying could make sedation look attractive....to a rotten, self-absorbed, selfish parent.

IMHO

Every family has different patterns with bedtimes. I was pretty fluid about that and let my kids stay up till nine, especially in the summer during the daylight. But other parents I knew kept the 7 o'clock bedtime on into the school years, which is rather strange to me, but oh well.

However, there is one thing I know about children - they are not robots who fall asleep like clockwork whenever it is convenient. They have nights when they are restless just like adults, and for all we know, so did the McCann children.

So no matter what they say about what the kids "normally" did, it really means nothing. It seems just as normal to me that a child would wake up, think she was missing something, feel lonely, and want her parents. That she woke up and that they weren't there isn't her fault.

Not all kids sleep for 12 hours. IMO 7pm is particularly early to put kids to bed especially on holidays & especially a child of almost 4!

I've now been around either raising or help raising 8 different kids and they all slept about 10 hours per night up until about age ten or eleven. I've never seen one sleep 12 hours. I wish.

I've now been around either raising or help raising 8 different kids and they all slept about 10 hours per night up until about age ten or eleven. I've never seen one sleep 12 hours. I wish.
Just the change of being away on holiday and excited about everything they were doing each day, I think most children would be so worn out by bed time they would probably go out like a light when put to bed. And then sleep the whole night through no problem.

Just the change of being away on holiday and excited about everything they were doing each day, I think most children would be so worn out by bed time they would probably go out like a light when put to bed. And then sleep the whole night through no problem.
Well maybe, but honestly that has never been my experience.

Also, many parents allow for later bed times so they too can sleep in in the morning.

Children react to vacation in different ways, and sometimes it depends on what kind of vacation you're on. When we'd go camping, we allowed the kids to stay up later because we were in a motorhome where it was impossible to move around much after everyone was in bed. They talked, giggled and jostled each other, even with parental "threats of bodily harm".

But when the vacation was somewhere involving a hotel, often the children would fall asleep at the drop of a hat around 8:00, especially if we'd spent the day sightseeing, etc.

http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia.asp?id=265683&idselect=181&idCanal=181&p=0

This is dated tomorrow but stamped today 1p = 7a EST
Rough translation of the first paragraph:

M. McCann Case
Examination Leaves Doubts

The arrival of DNA test results to Portugal has not permitted (allowed) investigators to reach definitive conclusions. Evermore the proceedings on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the British toddler that was seen for the last time in Praia da Luz in Algarve, seems like a web with endless entanglement. Begins to appear inevitable the archiving of the process unless better proof is produced.

Google Translation (full, better)
http://translate.google.com/transla...idCanal=181&p=0&langpair=pt|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Not in the Brit papers I looked at minutes ago.

http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia.asp?id=265683&idselect=181&idCanal=181&p=0

This is dated tomorrow but stamped today 1p = 7a EST
Rough translation of the first paragraph:

M. McCann Case
Examination Leaves Doubts

The arrival of DNA test results to Portugal has not permitted (allowed) investigators to reach definitive conclusions. Evermore the proceedings on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the British toddler that was seen for the last time in Praia da Luz in Algarve, seems like a web with endless entanglement. Begins to appear inevitable the archiving of the process unless better proof is produced.

Google Translation (full, better)
http://translate.google.com/transla...idCanal=181&p=0&langpair=pt|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Not in the Brit papers I looked at minutes ago.

Funny, I don't believe that all of the results have been returned from the FSS yet.

:waitasec:

The full article is in the Portuguese Press thread:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1794769&postcount=150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics