April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also set up a phone number in France so that she could call without long distance charges.

Just an FYI looking at the details around that phone number it didn't appear the number had actually ever been used.

Page 62 (as UNC70 mentioned) is the place to start reading to learn about the extent of NC's extra-marital affairs. I didn't know that police were referring witnesses to Alice Stubbs, and I find that problematic. After learning about the extent of the affairs, I'm a little stunned that infidelity was so important that it was used as an excuse to file for divorce. In fact, it comes off as an excuse, and not a reason.

You do realize, for the most part, these are unsubstantiated allegations produced by Kurtz & Krew, right? The proverbial 'throw as much $hit on the wall in the hopes something just might stick'. Oh wait, too bad, Nancy is dead and can't confirm or deny any of these allegations.

These people were only talked to at length AFTER BC was made to be the prime suspect. If I were LE I would want to talk to anyone who said they saw her IMMEDIATELY.

To find out information they already had? She was running up RZ's street, with an ipod and no jewelry, at 7:10. Unless RZ saw someone chasing her, what were they supposed to get, beyond what they already had? The neighborhood was already being scoured, and unless RZ saw someone stuff her into the back of a van, or saw someone following her, I can't imagine what more massively revealing info they were supposed to obtain. As we saw yesterday, there IS no more massively revealing info.

I have no idea how many tips they received, so we have no way to know if they even had the manpower to follow up on them all immediately.

No I wouldn't consider NC a serial cheater.

What makes what she did so much better than BC in terms of having affairs? If BC slept with HM, he is a serial cheater in your opinion. But, being that NC slept with JP and slept with her sister's fiance, she is not a serial cheater???? I am confused. Maybe you can help me better understand.

You do realize, for the most part, these are unsubstantiated allegations produced by Kurtz & Krew, right? The proverbial 'throw as much $hit on the wall in the hopes something just might stick'. Oh wait, too bad, Nancy is dead and can't confirm or deny any of these allegations.

FYI...Kurtz (or any attorney) CANNOT put anything in a pleading (all the legal docs) that he does not believe to be true. And he has to have done due diligence to make sure that he can back up anything he says within such documents. He could lose his license if he does otherwise.

How did you know they are on the defense's list? I thought that wasn't public. I agree with you in one aspect, it should be interesting.

Because they are friends of friends of mine. Let's just say - that it will get very intense and interesting.

That statement defines much of the prosecution case as well. Of course the defense is going to do it. Their job is to produce reasonable doubt.

Yes, but would you say with certainty that those joggers were NC? RZ did. She seems extremely confident. As did the other witnesses. Funny how they were ALL wrong. So, you feel that when the prosecution was bringing on multitudes of friends stating how bad NC and BC's marriage was,it was more compelling that eyewitness testimony? I find more credibility in eyewitnesses than hearse that involves tons of gossip.

How can you say the CDP followed up on any other leads when 48 hours after NC's body was found they gave a press release stating that this was not a random act of violence. A bit too soon to announce that in my opinion (that is if they did a true police investigation)

Of course I feel that the multitude of friends' testimony is more compelling than than strangers' eyewitness testimony that they saw Nancy for a few seconds running. I see runners who look like Nancy everyday. Have you ever taken a look at the statistics on what eyewitnesses see, and what they remember seeing? Eyewitness testimony is extremely unreliable in any case, not just this one.

9 minute mile for her or average overall? I trained hard last year and did a half in 1:57:49, which is just under 9 minute miles (I'm a big guy too....6'5, 245). I finished in the top 3rd overall. I'd save the average is closer to 10 minutes.

Uh, yeah. I have my first ever marathon next month and I will NOT be at 9 minute mile. I hope that's not the average or I will be the last person!

Of course I feel that the multitude of friends' testimony is more compelling than than strangers' eyewitness testimony that they saw Nancy for a few seconds running. I see runners who look like Nancy everyday. Have you ever taken a look at the statistics on what eyewitnesses see, and what they remember seeing? Eyewitness testimony is extremely unreliable in any case, not just this one.

Yes - but the fact that they were ALL wrong is questionable in my opinion. I run on Lochmere. I have long brown hair I wear in a hat. You are right - many people resemble me when I run. However these eyewitness state with certainty that it was NC. I don't think they would ALL state that if they were not positive about what they saw.

Being that I have been a runner in this area for years I was / am extremely disappointed that the CDP did not follow through on leads and made a statement of safety for us all on July 16th. I didn't feel safe knowing that they truly did not investigate this crime in its entirety before passing judgment on BC.

I caught that yesterday too. I put it in the same category as using Facebook to try and discredit JW. Of course, it worked for some people on here.

Well, i wouldn't say it discredited him from my perspective, but I did find it juvenile and ignorant. But then again, he's only 30 or something like that. But not very professional. But it didn't take anything away from his testimony imo.

"If Brad cooper slept with HM?" He already admitted he had numerous sexual encounters with HM. 'But being that NC slept with JP & her sisters fiance'. Now see how these vicious rumors get started? Nancy Cooper is DEAD. She never got to answer those questions concerning her conduct. But so many here are posting all this crap about her, because she can't say 'hey, wait a minute, that never happened'. You know, it's wonder Nancy managed to live as long as she did, being that she had no redeeming qualities what so ever.

Wow. The conspiracies have switched feet. I hope everyone has a good holiday.

And for those of you posing the SODDI is nonsense. Take a look at the Jenna Neilsen case in Raleigh from the year before. They had a whole lotta marital and financial discord going on. He moved out of state now.

Why is SODDI so hard to believe in this area? I guarantee two or three of the jurors remember that case.

Jenna's husband wasn't the last person to see her alive. There was a physical description of another suspect. Where were the tipsters yesterday, disgruntled because they'd given a physical description of a suspect (i.e. something more for CPD to go on besides that she'd been seen running in various places all over Cary, simultaneously) and been ignored?

Now I know what this :banghead: is for! Haha!

Uh, yeah. I have my first ever marathon next month and I will NOT be at 9 minute mile. I hope that's not the average or I will be the last person!

YEAH!!!! Go BrownRice. I've done 1 full and it kicked my tail. I didn't hit the wall...the wall freaking fell on my. Hard to describe. Just remember, 13.1 is not the halfway point of the marathon. Mile 20 is. Good luck with it. I did 2 marathons that day...my first and my last. I really enjoy the half marathon distance. But you'll do fine, and the average won't be anywhere near 9 minute miles.

I am 100% in agreement with you if the police did not look into BC it would have been ridiculous. But, I find it also ridiculous that they ONLY looked at BC. They had made up their mind from the minute she went missing / was found that he had to have been the one to have murdered her. He was there only suspect. Any credible police force would have also taken into account other possibilities, as well.

How do you know they only looked at BC? Did CPD inform you about every interview they conducted between 7/12/08 and 10/27/08? Or are you taking everything the defense says as gospel?

FYI...Kurtz (or any attorney) CANNOT put anything in a pleading (all the legal docs) that he does not believe to be true. And he has to have done due diligence to make sure that he can back up anything he says within such documents. He could lose his license if he does otherwise.

Uh huh

A good investigation should have followed those early leads about a jogger on the paths (as that was consistent with what Brad said about Nancy), and the phone should have been analyzed right away to rule out the possibility that she was meeting with someone that was outside of the neighborhood gang.

Brad said 'nancy never jogs alone, she never jogs from home. She always drives somewhere to meet up with the jogging buddy. How soon we forget. Brad said she went jogging with CC, because Nancy doesn't jog alone.

Eyewitnesses are not reliable! In the Amber Dubois case, there were many reported sitings of her following her disappearance. All proved to be wrong since she was murdered within an hour of her abduction. Her own mom, whom would want to believe the sitings, said she knew it was not her because of the locations etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517