April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5 years since the case started and one of the lead witnesses only looked at evidence the night before and made a determination on it? Evidence that will not be shared with the defense for examination under the guise of National Security? Something is not right.

I don't follow a whole lot of trials, but does anyone find it odd that stuff like this (basically still doing investigating/forensic exams) is still going on during a trial?

From my experience of helping those physically abused by their partner..and that includes both male and female...Mental abuse is not in the same ballpark for the "Abused" or the "Abuser" for that matter..Watching the dynamics between those two parties (incuding children) was entirely different from my experience. I dont believe so much that Brad abused Nancy..at least not physically, however once he felt threatened in his little world, for either financial or control..He did exert whatever power over her that he had..and that was snooping her every activities, money, and would give a little, then take alot...Nancy reacted to that hard handedness, and only wanted to get away with her girls and move somewhere she felt in control and cared about (her family) and somewhere she could work and gain her self esteem back.. Nancy's only power was her personality and words....unlike Brad the introverted, cerebral, quiet sort...who unfortunately IMO did plan this ..

Bottomline..Physical Abuse and Mental Abuse cause their own set of scarings..and the scares left now in this case lays within the Children.

Mentally abused and Physically abused interact completely differently with their abuser in Public. The word abuse is the only common link...IMO

Man oh Man..I sure got long winded on that didnt I??..Sorry 'bout that :seeya:

Thanks for your input. So, to be sure I am correct. Mentally abused partners would typically lash out at the other one in public. Is that right? And, would their remarks in public and everywhere else possible then be construed as abuse to the original abuser? I could see how both were mentally abusive to the other one in their own way. MOO

From the simple idea of Change Blindness, our minds are not as they seem.
An entire existence revolving around what we can't acknowledge.
A brain function we'll never admit as defeat....
a constant determination to find truths...to find reason...to find comfort.
An unspoken religion in being the ALL-DOMINANT...This is what we call a brain.

This step will allow the universe to run it's course.
We have a short ticket and a lot of it is in hiding...so lets take in what we can for now.
Just like here on Earth(a notion we do comprehend)
Hide what "others" can't understand. The universe is the biggest threat...
overachiever that commands attention. Brute force of hysterical reasonings...
There will always be a Marfa.

Close one eye. Step to the side.

As humans we could never be content with knowing all, yet we can't be content with the fact that our brains will never know.
A mental surgery...

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/obfuscation-lyrics-between-the-buried-and-me.html ]

a never ending journey...a technological drawback.
Pushing us further from our natural minds.
Even things created by other humans should be considered in the experiment of an entire species understanding.

A magicians pure joy...
A mind bend for the common folk...
Follow the straight line...(A full house watching what we can't see)
The ultimate deceiver...

Close one eye. Step to the side.

We will always be part of the great misdirect...stepping in and stepping out.
We will always be part of the great misdirect...Mirrors and Obfuscation.

I don't follow a whole lot of trials, but does anyone find it odd that stuff like this (basically still doing investigating/forensic exams) is still going on during a trial?

No, this happens frequently in trials, particularly high profile cases. Questions arise during the trial, and additional testing ,when possible, does occur. IMO and from personal experience.

What was said that allows you come to the conclusion that the time was modified?

She said 100% of the timestamps from the 41 second time period were invalid. She also said that Chappell had no explanation for why some of them were modified.

Here is one of the reason people, in my opinion, rightfully question LE. You may agree with the LEO here, but I am not sure how you can. This is not specific to the Cooper case, but relates to why, especially after the erasing of the blackberry, and the unasked opinions on the stand by LEO in the Cooper case, that people may question some of the tactics or lack of tactics in the CPD.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/exclusive-...-on-tape-120509439.html?viewAllComments=y&c=y

Thanks for your input. So, to be sure I am correct. Mentally abused partners would typically lash out at the other one in public. Is that right? And, would their remarks in public and everywhere else possible then be construed as abuse to the original abuser? I could see how both were mentally abusive to the other one in their own way. MOO

Very basically yes indeed. Of course it really depends on the abused or abuser's true personality...introverted or extroverted...but basically Snide, sarcastic, demeaning type comments was her only weaponed, however, I dont think any of that started until after she got confirmations of Brad's affair or affairs....Up until that point she was questioning herself IF it was true or just accusations..but once confirmed..Yowza..she let him have it verbally..
In the meantime, Brad became more sullen and quiet..never vented any of his angers to anyone other than Nancy...and unfortunately the kids saw and heard all this..which resulted in the eldest's symptomology..and bedwetting.. However, in the kids in public did not expose their stress...short memories and live in the moment like children do...They react negatively when alone and have time to think about it..so sad really..Remember the advise of Carrie D. ( child psychologist) to keep things as normal and active for the kids?...

I am so relieved they are getting the help they need and completely away from this trial and no doubt reminders of BAD Times:innocent:

[/I]

I am not sure I would sleep at all if I knew those goodies were in my freezer. They would be calling to me all night. Great advice though. BTW, I have enjoyed your postings very much. Thanks for your input.

Notice I said "extra packs". I have/had other packs of six. Actually ate a HCB about 1:00am while still posting. Mostly been finishing some wonderful bread pudding.

Glad you enjoy my postings. Have enjoyed yours, too.

No defensive wounds because she walked into a pitch dark house and got caught unawares. Wasn't the testimony that the house was pitch dark? Someone comes from behind you in the dark, in your own home, and puts something around your neck, not much chance to fight or run.

Re the hacking. Ok, he did the google search right before lunch, then ran out of the office. Supposing in all the rush of lunch, that was the one thing that slipped his mind and he didn't realize til later. Once the computer was taken, but left powered up...possible to hack in then and try to alter the google search data? Are there any windows in which he could have done this?

Brad has far more to gain by hacking in an altering the data than anyone else. Especially if he didn't have time to do it because they were saying come on, lets go to lunch, and he forgot about it until later.

He hacked his computer to put incriminating evidence on it?

You better be careful. This might be construed to be as stating that you are leaving the site which is a violate of the rules. You don't want to get put in the penalty box do you?

It was a joke.

Ah, but of course if you really knew some inside information, you would say that you don't know inside information. And, you know that we know that if you had inside information you wouldn't come back, so you came back so that we won't know that you know what we don't know. :hand:

That cleared it up. :floorlaugh:

She said 100% of the timestamps from the 41 second time period were invalid. She also said that Chappell had no explanation for why some of them were modified.

I don't think "modified" was in there. There was also a statement something like, "I'm confident that the 7 are correct". Not knowing what 7 he's talking about. Not knowing what could have caused the invalid timestamps. It could have been from the user of the computer deleting something. Or it could have been something else. If I was on the witness stand I would not want to open the door and get into a game with a defense attorney regarding "what could have happened". Saying he didn't know is probably an honest answer. MOO

And if entertaining possibilities, brad may have had the know how to set up a phone wipe, and altered time stamps. Last ditch effort to cover tracks, forgetting about the google search. I'm no techie.....so shoot it down if you must, I'll duck. He sure let his lawyer know to send a letter. What was that about?

Yes, and regardless of opinions, no one was snarky last night. Everyone got along fine without the usual sniping. Wonder what that means?:waitasec:

It was a good healthy debate last night. I wish it could be like that everyday.

He hacked his computer to put incriminating evidence on it?

Nope, to try and take it off. Who's to stay? Maybe at a later date he had a holy ****! moment, realizing he'd gone off to lunch a few days before, without completely removing the search. They took his computer, but it was still powered up, right?

IDK, all this blaming CPD for being inept and then insinuating they're brilliant hackers doesn't make so much sense to me. Brad seems the most qualified out of everybody except maybe the FBI guy to have been elsewhere, at a later date, trying to manipulate computer stuff. If he did leave a Fielding Drive search on his computer, he'd sure want to go in and remove whatever he could get his hands on. Or at least manipulate the time stamps so it couldn't be 100% verified as to time and date.

Didn't it take the FBI to locate the zoomed search? Maybe he couldn't completely do with it what he wanted, from a remote location.

Was it three network intrustions? Or three attempts? He had the password, so if it was three intrusions, why couldn't he have gone in there three times?

I don't think "modified" was in there. There was also a statement something like, "I'm confident that the 7 are correct". Not knowing what 7 he's talking about. Not knowing what could have caused the invalid timestamps. It could have been from the user of the computer deleting something. Or it could have been something else. If I was on the witness stand I would not want to open the door and get into a game with a defense attorney regarding "what could have happened". Saying he didn't know is probably an honest answer. MOO

I'm simply going by what FD said in her post. She was posting from notes she took without commentary.

Was it three network intrustions? Or three attempts? He had the password, so if it was three intrusions, why couldn't he have gone in there three times?

It was three failed attempts. And I agree, he knew the password to get into the machine, so I wouldn't expect any failures, or at least not more than 1 if it was him.

It was three failed attempts. And I agree, he knew the password to get into the machine, so I wouldn't expect any failures, or at least not more than 1 if it was him.

And there's no way to pinpoint where an attempt is coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria