April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ME report? I can't find that information in the autopsy report.

I read it in the report in 2008, I did not save any of it, but if you go through it I think you will find it. When I first read it I was thinking she was suffocated with a pillow, but that does not work with the fractured bone. I will go online and look again and when I find it I will post it.

The position of Nancy's body after death would determine how a bruise migrates....something that is physiological. I don't know if the ME could say in what position she was in when her hyoid bone was broken. Correct me if I am wrong here....just thinking outloud.

I totally agree. Joint custody of children should mean that both parents should reside in a reasonable distance to see their children.

I don't think it would have been fair at all for NC to take the kids to Canada if BC was given partial custody. Afterall, he is their dad.

What happens if he is found NG? Does he gain custody of his children?

With all of this set aside, I feel terrible for what these innocent children have gone through and will continue to go through (with custody battles, etc). NO child should have to endure such confusion and heartache. If BC is found NG, I just hope all parties involved will put the best interest on the children in mind first and foremost.

I'm not sure if you were watching this case in the beginning. But it was common knowledge that BC WANTED NC to move back to Canada and take the kids with her (IIRCC, he NEVER WANTED TO SEE THEM AGAIN!) However, that was BEFORE he saw the pre-divorce type thing from NC's attorney. AFTER he saw that, he decided they would,................ehhhh.................'work it out.'

That is why there was the SUDDEN change of plans. The pre-divorce papers. :(

JMHO
fran

According the the real estate agent, she called on Thursday and indicated, "I want out now!"

According to many she was in "hate mode" on Friday.

She died on Saturday.

Wasn't it, dare we say, fortunate for Brad that some random stranger(s) abducted Nancy and murdered her then? Put an end to the "hate mode", the taking of his children far away, the large amount of money he was going to have to pay her every month for years. The drag of having to give her cash every week, to keep an account of what she managed to obtain painting and deduct that amount, to follow her to the gas station to put gas in her car?

I'm extremely impressed that these random stranger(s) managed to also google the exact location of where they left her body on Brad's computer, change the time stamp, and set him up? All while the poor guy was doing laundry and mopping the floors. They were even kind enough to leave those diamond earrings behind.

Brad really should have purchased a lottery ticket that day.

The alpha systems were indeed production systems. Remember the testimony that indicated IT would provide the connectivity to these alpha systems so that the alpha users could communicate on the production enterprise network. The alpha systems simply ran the latest available version of code before the code was released to customers.

Alpha and production are mutually exclusive. Same functionality totally different networks.

The position of Nancy's body after death would determine how a bruise migrates....something that is physiological. I don't know if the ME could say in what position she was in when her hyoid bone was broken. Correct me if I am wrong here....just thinking outloud.

I think NC's body was moved in many ways after death, on her back, in a vehicle and finally in the position she was found in. I think (not an expert by any means) it would have to stay in the same position for a while for the bruising to be exact and we cannot be sure of how long she was in any position post mortem.

Wasn't it, dare we say, fortunate for Brad that some random stranger(s) abducted Nancy and murdered her then? Put an end to the "hate mode", the taking of his children far away, the large amount of money he was going to have to pay her every month for years. The drag of having to give her cash every week, to keep an account of what she managed to obtain painting and deduct that amount, to follow her to the gas station to put gas in her car?

I'm extremely impressed that these random stranger(s) managed to also google the exact location of where they left her body on Brad's computer, change the time stamp, and set him up? All while the poor guy was doing laundry and mopping the floors. They were even kind enough to leave those diamond earrings behind.

Add a bit of common sense, life experiences, and a litany of circumstantial evidence, mix thoroughly, and you have the answer.

Thanks for your response. Is there something specific you wanted to point out in relevance? I know you have something in mind, but wanted to ask you to point me to something specific in that article, if you will. thanks.

I found a lot of things interesting in this article. Here they are:

Focusing on the visible signs of strangulation, we found that police officers reported no visible injuries in 62 percent of the cases. Minor visible injuries, such as redness or scratch marks, were reported in 22 percent of the cases, but often injuries were too minor to photograph.

Manual strangulation (throttling) is usually done with the hands, but notable variants include using the forearms (as when police officers use the carotid restraint) to standing or kneeling on the victim’s throat.3

[I can cut and paste the discussion of neck anatomy if you are interested.]

The general clinical sequence of a victim who is being strangled is one of severe pain, followed by unconsciousness, followed by brain death. The victim will lose consciousness by any one or all of the following: blocking of the carotid arteries (depriving the brain of oxygen), blocking of the jugular veins (preventing deoxygenated blood from exiting the brain), and closing off the airway, causing the victim to be unable to breathe.

Only eleven pounds of pressure placed on both carotid arteries for ten seconds is necessary to cause unconsciousness.4 However, if pressure is released immediately, consciousness will be regained within ten seconds. To completely close off the trachea, three times as much pressure (33 lbs.) is required. Brain death will occur in 4 to 5 minutes, if strangulation persists.

Objective signs noted in strangulation victims include involuntary urination and defecation.

Lung damage may be due to vomit inhaled by the victim during strangulation.17 [This is in reference to victims of strangulation who survive. It seems to me that those who die may also inhale vomit (which NC did not) since the difference between the living and the dead is a matter of minutes or seconds -- and by the same token, expel it through their mouths.]

We started by using the word “strangle” as opposed to the word “choke.” “Strangle” means to obstruct seriously or fatally the normal breathing of a person. “Choke” means having the windpipe blocked entirely or partly by some foreign object like food.

NO question her body did not move after placement on Fielding Drive. That is where the more significant migration of bruising would occur.

Thanks for all that....still not sure what your point of relevance is, can you help me out here.....sorry for not getting it.

Nicely put! Sometimes, it's so easy to get lost in the details.

Alpha and production are mutually exclusive. Same functionality totally different networks.

This is simply not true. There are alpha systems within Cisco that are connected to the production system. Users on the alpha system are able to access anyone on the IT controlled corporate network. When the Cisco expert testified he mentioned all the Directory numbers that are assigned to BC, all these DN's were controlled by the alpha systems.

This is simply not true. There are alpha systems within Cisco that are connected to the production system. Users on the alpha system are able to access anyone on the IT controlled corporate network. When the Cisco expert testified he mentioned all the Directory numbers that are assigned to BC, all these DN's were controlled by the alpha systems.

Well we can agree to disagree especially since it is an irrelevant point in regards to this trial.

Well we can agree to disagree especially since it is an irrelevant point in regards to this trial.

It is relevant as it relates to the need of the fxo port. But other than that we can disagree whether or not alpha systems are connected to IT controlled production networks.

It is relevant as it relates to the need of the fxo port. But other than that we can disagree whether or not alpha systems are connected to IT controlled production networks.

It is not relevant to the FXO port either. The FXO port was needed to allow BC to use his own UCM to connect to TWC. Again nothing at all to do with either Cisco production or Alpha networks.

I appreciate RC's research on strangulation. Thanks for engaging in discussion and siting references. I'm going to watch a movie now......before I try to go to sleep.
Take care and looking forward to further sleuthing!

See, this is what happens when you look at a case as a big puzzle. Now I haven't sat down and jotted anything down, but just thinking about IT, a few things come to mind.

1. BC said he went to sleep at 9 with the girls. YET, there's evidence that he was on his computer AFTER 9.

2. There's evidence, PERHAPS, that NC did NOT sleep in her bed that night.

3. BC NORMALLY slept in the computer room or whatever and NC slept in the bedroom with the girls, behind closed and locked door, with the girls, her phone, keys, id...................yet, we're to believe the USUAL routine was not followed on the very night, NC COULD OR MAY have been murdered.

See how inprobable these are. Then, to top it off, the USUAL assortment of items in the foyer of the home are missing from just a few hours prior.

Scenario, BC did NOT go to sleep at 9 but waited for NC and attacked her as she came in the door. Thus the sleeping children would most likely not heard a thing......................or,...................they may have been arguing and NC decided to leave and he attacked her at the door.

............of course, then there's the necklace, the mysteriously laundered dress, the description of what BC said she was wearing and two left shoes....................oh, not to mention the {google search!}

Oh the tangle web we weave,.......................

JMHO
fran

PS....just fwiw, IMHO, I've seen a few men on here who's dear wife was murdered by SOMEONE ELSE! and they couldn't say enough sweet, heart-felt things about their dearly departed.

OTOH, BC did NOT have ONE good thing to say about Nancy. I trust everyone's read the depos? :mad:

I know, I know, he KNEW he was suspected and was looking out for himself!
pfffffttttttt................:maddening:...............I'm suuurrrree the jury will buy that.....NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304