April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the photos of brad's bedding. I guess you missed them? Part of the photos introduced as evidence?

Yeah, I saw the bedding too. And for anyone who wasn't watching that testimony, DD said, no that's not a flower print, that is just the discoloration of the pillowcase.

Im sorry to ask but I did miss the ME's testimony, Dr. Butts I think..Does anybody recall what the stomach contents were?? All I can recall from postings are dark fluid, and piece of onion...Was the stomoch contents analysed?..IF there was still red wine in her stomach...then I would have to assume she drank that within a few hours of her death....Yikes, She leaves the party 1230ish..and still has alcohol in her stomach?..

I guess I missed the details, so IF someone could kindly point me to the link or somewhere I can actually hear the testimony I would be eternally grateful:innocent:

This is the link to the video of his testimony.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/9293074/#/vid9293074

Where did the story about JA getting upset about seeing a BA call on NC's phone come from? Is it testimony or just board conversation? I've seen it come up, esp recently, but is it true?

It is in one of the many many affidavits. If I can find it again I will post the link. It was a text message from "Brett" which is also the name of JAs husband. My understanding from the document was that JA became extremely upset and angry at NC.

Read these two though that refutes, with proof, much of what her friends said about him.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...July_24_rebuttal_affidavit_of_Brad_Cooper.pdf

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...amended_rebuttal_affidavit_of_Brad_Cooper.pdf

Do you think JP was being truthful?

Several witness have done just that.

If you read back through the threads or watch the video re: JP, that's one example.

I believe part of the judge's instructions to the jury before the trial began and will be again at the end of the trial relates to the credibility of witnesses stating that jurors can place a value on testimony based on their view of the credibility of the person bringing the evidence. Each of the witnesses were sworn to, "tell the truth, etc." I have heard a couple of pro-defense witnesses that I doubt are being perfectly candid, also. (I don't include JP in this group, BTW.)

Kurtz stated there was no such router recovered from the home.
Simple deduction.

Are you saying BC strangled NC with the router???? That's why it is missing???

Or are you saying BC having "THE" router is proof positive that BC spoofed the call???

So if we go just a bit further, your contention is that BC had "THE" router, and made a spoofed call @ 6:40 AM that lasted 32 seconds.

If so "How did BC do it", since the prosecutions own witness says the duration of a automated spoofed call is 22 seconds? Magic?????

Kurtz stated there was no such router recovered from the home.
Simple deduction.

What does whatever was "recovered from the home" (in July and Oct) have to do with a router disappearing on 7/12?

That's not quite a simple deduction IMO.

Are you saying BC strangled NC with the router???? That's why it is missing???

Or are you saying BC having "THE" router is proof positive that BC spoofed the call???

So if we go just a bit further, your contention is that BC had "THE" router, and made a spoofed call @ 6:40 AM that lasted 32 seconds.

If so "How did BC do it", since the prosecution own witness says the duration of a automated spoofed call is 22 seconds? Magic?????

I am saying the router was in the home in use at 10PM 7-11-08
i am saying it disappeared on 7-12-08.

Why make it any more complicated than that?

The jury will form their own conclusion.

I believe part of the judge's instructions to the jury before the trial began and will be again at the end of the trial relates to the credibility of witnesses stating that jurors can place a value on testimony based on their view of the credibility of the person bringing the evidence. Each of the witnesses were sworn to, "tell the truth, etc." I have heard a couple of pro-defense witnesses that I doubt are being perfectly candid, also. (I don't include JP in this group, BTW.)

Tink, my reply was the JTF who found it unbelievable that a witness would lie on the stand and risk the consequences of perjury.

My point to JTF is that - yes, witness do lie under oath, even in this trial...so its not such a far-fetched concept in this trial or any other.

Tink, my reply was the JTF who found it unbelievable that a witness would lie on the stand and risk the consequences of perjury.

My point to JTF is that - yes, witness do lie under oath, even in this trial...so its not such a far-fetched concept in this trial or any other.

Just as i think both defense 'experts' lied on the stand.

I am saying the router was in the home in use at 10PM 7-11-08
i am saying it disappeared on 7-12-08.

Why make it any more complicated than that?

The jury will form their own conclusion.

Gee I'm not trying to make it complicated, I trying to make it simple.

I guess I'm not succeeding... You win, your theory is that BC strangled her with the router. Because that's the only use for the router in the murder scenario. Cause the router cannot have made a 32 second spoofed call......

Just as i think both defense 'experts' lied on the stand.

I believe you do think that about them and most of the defense witnesses, which is why I was surprised you suggested that witnesses would not dare lie in testimony under oath.

I believe you do think that about them and most of the defense witnesses, which is why I was surprised you suggested that witnesses would not dare lie in testimony under oath.

I have seen some faded memories, but no intentional lies from state witnesses.

Thanks to all who straightened me out on the earrings but you reference "missing earring" above. Was the earring missing for a while -- until PD clarified that they had it? Just curious.

I've been outside for a few hours. I haven't caught up to see if this has been answered. I referred to it as "missing" because that was a claim here in this forum. It was part of the long list of things like the ducks and necklace. Obviously it was never missing.

He said he was in the courtroom, do you think he is lying about that? I don't.

I also don't think its fair for one to hold others to standards of proof vastly higher than one holds themself to (as evidenced quite a few times in this thread already).

I saw 1 poster that claimed he/she heard this in court.
I simply asked for confirmation from others because I heard something completely different.

Don't what?
The DA office staff salary info is public record.
If you think I posted "grossly inaccurate" information, feel free to offer an opinion other than attacking a poster.:waiting:

Yes it is, and Coomings makes as much as Brad did. Now Benjamin is significantly less at 45k.

I've been outside for a few hours. I haven't caught up to see if this has been answered. I referred to it as "missing" because that was a claim here in this forum. It was part of the long list of things like the ducks and necklace. Obviously it was never missing.

Chris Fry testified about his examination of computer evidence the prosecution gave him. During that examination, Fry hit on codes that he claims showed Brad Cooper had used a router about 10 p.m. on July 11, 2008 -- the day before Nancy Cooper was reported missing.

Investigators never found that router.

Fry said he found evidence that Cooper had checked out two routers from Cisco and that only one had been returned.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04...-doesnt.html#storylink=misearch#ixzz1L8pmXax6

Hmmm....not what I heard.
Perhaps someone else can confirm?

I will ask FD to help me based on notes, but I am nearly positive that Ghost Crab is correct that this data was recovered in mid-Feb 2011.

It's why I don't really count it. He said three to four other things that day that made my ears stand on in going: RUHROH!

A lot of him was squished down (like it felt like there was a bigger, more accurate picture being hidden) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74