April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, plausible, reasonable, whichever word you'd choose, it creates questions about the circumstances.

I have not seen a single scenario that would involve somone other than Brad being the one responsible that I would consider reasonable. Every scenario that I have seen has to ignore a great deal of the actual evidence and/or go to extreme lengths to explain away not one, but many of those pieces.

I have not seen a single scenario that would involve somone other than Brad being the one responsible that I would consider reasonable. Every scenario that I have seen has to ignore a great deal of the actual evidence and/or go to extreme lengths to explain away not one, but many of those pieces.

And what "evidence" is that?

And what "evidence" is that?

Regardless of how it's all explained away....it goes back to motive, means and opportunity. I have totally disregarded JP's and JA's involvement in her murder, I'm still focused on Brad. If not Brad, and there is some sort of magic the defense can offer that absolutely proves he is not guilty, my next thought was be a stranger during her jog.

Google "random murder jogger" (without quotes)

About 2,350,000 results...

You know, when I dropped by court several weeks ago for a couple of hours I waited by the elevator with KL and HP and they were giggling and laughing the entire time. And then when I finally was able to sit down in the back of the courtroom my attention was drawn to them again because they were sitting together still laughing and giggling (while court was in session). I did note that I thought their demeanor was a little odd so I would not be surprised if they have created a negative impression with a juror or two.

When the camera is zoomed out and we have full view of the gallery during testimony, I am distracted by the same thing even though they are not audible. It's worth watching to see who is initiating most of the back and forth banter - very strange under the circumstances.

The biggest problem I see for the state is at this point (and we'll see about this new evidence) is they have not conclusively proved in front of this jury that she did not go jogging that morning. That is going to be the key question for determining guilt and I don't see where the state has proved 'yes, you see this fact(s) shows there is no way she went jogging that morning'.

Google "random murder jogger" (without quotes)

About 2,350,000 results...

I Googled it and the data is from everywhere. When you extract only the data or numbers from the Cary area, or the RTP area, a random jogging murder is very rare. You have to use the data in the context of the situation.

Regardless of how it's all explained away....it goes back to motive, means and opportunity. I have totally disregarded JP's and JA's involvement in her murder, I'm still focused on Brad. If not Brad, and there is some sort of magic the defense can offer that absolutely proves he is not guilty, my next thought was be a stranger during her jog.

I'm not convinced we'll ever fully understand everything that went on between all of the neighborhood couples. We have a swinging crowd with a string of broken marriages today, only three years after everyone was having so much fun messing in each other's marriages. There could be other motives that we will never hear about.

Another thing we will never fully understand is what plans Nancy actually had that morning. The phone could have offered clues, but police wiped the phone. All we have are conflicting stories from independent sources that she was jogging and watching the children or she was leaving the children with Brad and painting. We know she couldn't have been doing both.

<snipped>

Others, please add to this list. I know I have missed many things.

Thanks

3 eyewitnesses saw somebody looking like NC at the approximate time she would have been running following a running path known by JP and ending up at the area the body was found.

HP lying about talking to Det. Dismukes about the passcode to unlock NC cell phone and Det. D saying they had everything they need on the phone.

JA being irate when she assumed NC was texting her husband. The last phone call to NC was then supposedly made by JA using BA cell phone.

JA reporting to the police that NC left her car and cell phone at home prior to having any knowledge as to where the car and cell phone were.

JA reported seeing NC purse and cell phone in NC car the cell phone was in the house.

JA reported NC used only ALL detergent because of allergies. NC used Tide.

JA asked CD to provide negative info about BC in an affidavit.

JA claimed she would know any time NC had plans to run with CC but makes no mention of the plans NC had to run with CC on Friday morning.

JA said she went to the gym and saw KP and spoke with him. She also said she barely knew HP only from preschool and through NC so how does she know KP?

There is of course more.

I Googled it and the data is from everywhere. When you extract only the data or numbers from the Cary area, or the RTP area, a random jogging murder is very rare. You have to use the data in the context of the situation.

Google "raleigh jogger attacked" (without quotes) and you will see quite a few reports about area joggers being attacked over the years. Such attacks certainly are not common, but they do happen. So it's not much of a reach to think that she could have been attacked while jogging.

I'm not convinced we'll ever fully understand everything that went on between all of the neighborhood couples. We have a swinging crowd with a string of broken marriages today, only three years after everyone was having so much fun messing in each other's marriages. There could be other motives that we will never hear about.

Another thing we will never fully understand is what plans Nancy actually had that morning. The phone could have offered clues, but police wiped the phone. All we have are conflicting stories from independent sources that she was jogging and watching the children or she was leaving the children with Brad and painting. We know she couldn't have been doing both.

You are right about the events of that morning. No black and white testimony and a lot of 'ifs'. The phone may or may not have made a difference but I would like to know what was on it regardless of whether the info held any importance or not.
When it's all said and done, I still don't see anybody but Brad killing her after she returned from the party on the night of the 11th/12th. It's a difficult case to sort out with too many coincidences and not enough hard evidence.

You know, when I dropped by court several weeks ago for a couple of hours I waited by the elevator with KL and HP and they were giggling and laughing the entire time. And then when I finally was able to sit down in the back of the courtroom my attention was drawn to them again because they were sitting together still laughing and giggling (while court was in session). I did note that I thought their demeanor was a little odd so I would not be surprised if they have created a negative impression with a juror or two.

I noticed that too and I think what may hurt even more is that the day I was there, during breaks, ADA AF was turned around cackling with HP & KL as well which the jury could clearly see during the coming and going. Not sure how often that happened but don't think it is gaining any points for the prosecution.

Life insurance policy on Nancy Cooper: $75,0000
Life insurance policy on Michelle Young: $1,000,000

Is it really the same?

It's not the "same" in amount - but $75,000 would help pay some of the debt BC had hanging over his head - or gotten him to France for a new life.

Google "raleigh jogger attacked" (without quotes) and you will see quite a few reports about area joggers being attacked over the years. Such attacks certainly are not common, but they do happen. So it's not much of a reach to think that she could have been attacked while jogging.

But she wasn't attacked in Raleigh, it was Cary. I googled Cary jogger attacks and the only thing that came up for several pages--actually all I had the patience to scan-- were references to Nancy Cooper.
I am certain she is not the only person who has ever been attacked while jogging in the area but how many others have been *killed* while jogging in the area and thrown in a somewhat secluded drainage ditch, unclothed, with no indication sexual assualt, etc. It just doesn't add up very well.

I have seen at least one very reasonable alternate scenario that has evidence and testimony to back it up. If you don't want to see other scenarios you won't, look at CPD.

Remember folks, Bradley is not your garden variety spouse killer.
He is off the charts genius, especially in technical matters.
Unless you somehow believe a neighbor or CPD hacked into his network, then his PW protected laptop and planted Google map files, you have to say Bradly is the most likely killer. Does anyone think Det. Young had the expertise to do such a thing? Further, does anyone think he would risk his career and years in prison just to frame BC?

I am looking forward to the Cisco security testimony next week about the router Brad used at 10PM Friday night (when he said he was sleeping) ...the same router that accepted an FXO card and immediately went missing.
Unlike some LE and defense experts, Chris Fry has no motive to lie or stretch the truth.

The Google map and the missing router are 2 totally different smoking guns that should give the jury enough to convict.
We'll see......

I noticed that too and I think what may hurt even more is that the day I was there, during breaks, ADA AF was turned around cackling with HP & KL as well which the jury could clearly see during the coming and going. Not sure how often that happened but don't think it is gaining any points for the prosecution.

I remember when posters were discussing the jury yukking it up and the sentiment there was that they were very stressed, they had to sit all day very somberly, they needed to be able to relax. I think everyone has their own opinions about people's actions. I say Bradleeee acted like a guilty person. You might say JP acted like a guilty person. So it's an even playing field - everyone acts differently, no two people handle a situation the same, people laugh when nervous, people cry when sad while others (Bradleee) don't... 'just sayin'

I have seen at least one very reasonable alternate scenario that has evidence and testimony to back it up. If you don't want to see other scenarios you won't, look at CPD.

Do the others of us know about the alternate scenarios? Are you referring to JP? Or is there another, or more? Please expand on your thoughts as I am trying so hard to be open minded.

Welcome. If you haven't been lurking for the last week or so, you should consider reading the daily threads starting with last weekend's really long one.

The Spoliation of Evidence of both her cell phone and his laptop are very serious on many levels; possible felonies. Erasing her cell phone was not an accident, and certainly not two accidents -- one for the phone shell, a separate one for the sim. Sworn statements and testimony (e.g. following instructions received by telephone and not even writing them down) plus getting the search warrant after the phone was already erased, requesting only the extended billing records from AT&T for her phone and not the forensic quality records as they did for his phone, and using various excuses and ploys to avoid disclosing the erased cell phone until it was well past the date the data would have been retained by AT&T for defense to get the most detailed logs because they were no longer retained by AT&T.

Gone too were any pictures, text msgs, browser history, contacts, gps except during calls. When they failed to find any solid forensic evidence and little to support the claims of abuse or much else, the CPD was pressed on all sides to find evidence against BC, their investigation ground along with a growing number of people being interviewed by CPD and becoming afraid things private being made public -- their secret lives, sexual, financial, almost anything including some that are illegal.

Did that happen in this case? Probably not. But is has happened in others.

The man clocked in at FL at 7:24. Google Maps estimates drive time at 7 minutes. If you allow 10 minutes between sighting and punching in, that makes it 7:14.

From what little we think we know about the event log entry, and from the tiny amount I think I might know, I suspect the mismatch is between its properties as seen on the Cisco lan at its facility versus the properties projected through the VPN. Since BC was working Alpha systems, there might be rules preventing projection of test systems through the VPN without taking some extra action, or almost anything else not being allowed remotely.

Thank you for bringing this up. I wondered about the phone records and wasn't aware that too much time had passed to be able to retrieve the detailed call logs. That is further proof that the police were hiding something from that phone. I'd be surprised if anyone could still have any doubts about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam