April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when posters were discussing the jury yukking it up and the sentiment there was that they were very stressed, they had to sit all day very somberly, they needed to be able to relax. I think everyone has their own opinions about people's actions. I say Bradleeee acted like a guilty person. You might say JP acted like a guilty person. So it's an even playing field - everyone acts differently, no two people handle a situation the same, people laugh when nervous, people cry when sad while others (Bradleee) don't... 'just sayin'

I am very guilty of giggling and talking way too much when I am nervous or afraid. To the extent of driving others crazy. That's just how my psyche handles major negatives and as old as I am I am worse now than I was when younger.

It's not the "same" in amount - but $75,000 would help pay some of the debt BC had hanging over his head - or gotten him to France for a new life.

And both husbands are guilty.

Remember folks, Bradley is not your garden variety spouse killer.
He is off the charts genius, especially in technical matters.
What is the evidence that he is genius, of either the on or off the charts variety?

When the camera is zoomed out and we have full view of the gallery during testimony, I am distracted by the same thing even though they are not audible. It's worth watching to see who is initiating most of the back and forth banter - very strange under the circumstances.

It seems to me, this is their way of handling the pain. Only those who go through a trauma can enter into such place. Those effected by horrific things often cope using humor and sarcasm. Outsiders often label it odd or even insensitive.

But she wasn't attacked in Raleigh, it was Cary. I googled Cary jogger attacks and the only thing that came up for several pages--actually all I had the patience to scan-- were references to Nancy Cooper.
I am certain she is not the only person who has ever been attacked while jogging in the area but how many others have been *killed* while jogging in the area and thrown in a somewhat secluded drainage ditch, unclothed, with no indication sexual assualt, etc. It just doesn't add up very well.

Yes, and if you narrow the google search even more to be "lochmere jogger attacks saturday morning females from canada with fondness for ducks" you would get even fewer hits. That doesn't mean that a random attacker scenario is not possible.

google crime stats for Cary NC esp murders!

There are no murders showing for 2006, first page with stats that came back, several other sites are showing 0 for murder as well for various years. Cary is shown as the 5th most safe city in the US on another page....date not given.
This 'safe' reputation is why the CPD was so quick to jump on the spouse, which is understandable.

I still cannot fathom how people can think he is guilty of this murder.

As for other suspects, I do not think JP was involved. This seems like a random murder. And yes, random murders do happen. FWIW, I had a friend who was randomly murdered.

I knew someone who was randomly murdered about 30 years ago. One Sunday night, he took his fiance to the airport and she got on a plane to her home state, 2000 miles away. He went home.

The next morning, he was found brutally murdered. Most of the possessions in his house were gone, including all of his clothing and his car; his body was naked.

The police found the car. Luckily, his fiance had an ironclad alibi. The murderer was never found, and no suspects were developed. His car was eventually found abandoned and there was no evidence inside it.

This was an honest man who had tons of friends, no oddities in his background or personality ... what happened is a complete mystery to this day. The only reason I was involved in the case is that he was one of my clients, and I had all of his business records at my house when the murder occurred (I was a bookkeeper back then).

You are right about the events of that morning. No black and white testimony and a lot of 'ifs'. The phone may or may not have made a difference but I would like to know what was on it regardless of whether the info held any importance or not.
When it's all said and done, I still don't see anybody but Brad killing her after she returned from the party on the night of the 11th/12th. It's a difficult case to sort out with too many coincidences and not enough hard evidence.

I think I too follow your line of reasoning, I can not exclude BC yet I can not say without reasonable doubt he is the sole person with reason to murder his wife. That is not to say, though, once we are finished with everything in this trail there won't be that moment when the prosecution puts it all together and it fits. But, I feel it is just as likely the defense will be able to assert enough reasonable doubt into the equation I would be able to be convinced of it.

I do also feel, the crime of passion would have much easier to prove and if so, BC is more than likely guilty of cover up as opposed to premeditation. I am just so unsure of so much, I feel so badly for the Rentz, the children, NC as I don't see this ending if there is a guilty verdict. This case could, IMHO, be overturned in appeals and that means this isn't over and no one is getting to move forward with their life.

Again, this is my own personal opinion without a law degree to understand the entire workings of the legal system. From a lay observer, interested in the justice part, I also do not want someone held in prison for the rest of their life for something they did not do. There are many in prison who assert their innocence, but those usually have some direct evidence proving their guilt without a reasonable doubt to a jury.

Kelly

3 eyewitnesses saw somebody looking like NC at the approximate time she would have been running following a running path known by JP and ending up at the area the body was found.

HP lying about talking to Det. Dismukes about the passcode to unlock NC cell phone and Det. D saying they had everything they need on the phone.

JA being irate when she assumed NC was texting her husband. The last phone call to NC was then supposedly made by JA using BA cell phone.

JA reporting to the police that NC left her car and cell phone at home prior to having any knowledge as to where the car and cell phone were.

JA reported seeing NC purse and cell phone in NC car the cell phone was in the house.

JA reported NC used only ALL detergent because of allergies. NC used Tide.

JA asked CD to provide negative info about BC in an affidavit.

JA claimed she would know any time NC had plans to run with CC but makes no mention of the plans NC had to run with CC on Friday morning.

JA said she went to the gym and saw KP and spoke with him. She also said she barely knew HP only from preschool and through NC so how does she know KP?

There is of course more.

So please tell me - what exactly was JA's motive? Why did JA want NC dead so much that she enlisted the help of CPD, the DA's office, the FBI, and all NC's friends? Why did JA want the mother of those two children dead? Why wouldn't NC's mother/father want JA arrested and tried if there were any inkling in their mind that JA was behind the murder of NC? How in the world did JA hack into BC's computers and plant evidence? I just simply do not understand how or why you think JA did this. Do you believe JA ambushed NC while on her job - overpowered her and strangled her while taking the extreme chance someone else saw her? Please elaborate because I can't for the life of me understand your thoughts on how and why JA did this. It is the farthest thing to me that could even remotely have happened. But maybe I'm just not seeing what you envision happening. Do tell.

Just got back. Did a quick search on the web for this and found lots of discussion about things that can cause this when establishing VPN. We need some of our Cisco experts to look at this, but from a quick scan of the search results, the 10.x.x.x is being projected through the VPN and is virtually local, but physically at the Cisco office or elsewhere.

From my quick look, these kinds of mismatch errors typically occur when joining the remote. From my very limited understanding of this, the "lost" router was that night was probably somewhere in the Cisco facility, not at their home.

All realities are virtual.
I am not following what you are suggesting here. Apparently he had CVO (Cisco Virtual Office) at home. That would give him a local subnet. Any traffic off of that local network is routed. An ARP request is not routed, so would not go beyond the local network (i.e., outside the house).

All I remember is that the Rentz family specified what they wanted from the estate, and that included all the art. I seem to remember that this is what they wanted to keep for the girls.

Does it matter what happened to the rest of the house contents? It sounds like each party took what they wanted, and the remainder was given to attorneys to dispose of as they saw fit.

I don't believe Brad Cooper had any right to give away assets until the estate was settled that included giving away ducks to an attorney. this article was written in November 2008. In Mrs Coopers testimony she sounded a little miffed..she was busy packing away the house and then I think she said I don't have to pack up this house...just her tone sounded like they were not going to just take what Brad wanted

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3952460/

Yes, and if you narrow the google search even more to be "lochmere jogger attacks saturday morning females from canada with fondness for ducks" you would get even fewer hits. That doesn't mean that a random attacker scenario is not possible.

If it was a random attacker, that does not mean that he stayed in the Cary area afterward.

I hope I never turn up murdered in a case in which there is no clear suspect except for my husband . My DH has a genius level IQ and he has a lot of specialized knowledge about three things: criminal evidence, murder, and guns. If anyone could plan the perfect wife murder, it is he.

He works alone in his office, he is a workaholic, he has no true friends aside from me and the kids, he is an introvert, and I have $75,000 in life insurance, which he has a use for.

He doesn't know how to cook, he doesn't clean the house, but he will fix dinner (microwaved frozen meals or hot dogs) or help clean and do laundry once in a blue moon. He doesn't do yard work at all, ever. If he were the only adult in this family, the house would be a pig sty.

He rarely helps with dog or puppy care, and does not know much beyond the basics about everything involved with raising children.

He has, many times over the years, gone to the grocery store and then turned around a few minutes later and gone back to get something one of us forgot that I needed. He didn't change shoes because he always keeps his shoes on inside the house. I have done the same -- 2 grocery trips in quick sequence -- with different pairs of shoes on, because I do take my shoes off in the house.

A few years ago when money was tight, I put him on a $20/week allowance. This did not allow him to buy books or clothes or eat breakfast and lunch in restaurants. I made his breakfast and packed his lunch, which is not his preference at all and, while he understood why we had to do this, he resented it.

He has a very calm personality and is very quiet. He rarely yells and he has never hit anyone or been violent. He could -- he is very tall, very strong, and knows karate. I can't imagine he would ever hurt anyone or any thing.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which he would murder me. He would be lost without me to manage the house, handle the finances for family and businesses, and raise the kids. It would cost him much more than $75,000 life insurance proceeds to hire people to do what I do.

We live in a very low crime area, out in the country. The only murder suspects here would be cows and DH. Before this, we lived for 15 years in a suburban town in which no murders had taken place for 30 years and crime was practically nonexistent.

His saving grace is that he has never had an affair, he doesn't know much about computers beyond word processing, and our children are old enough to testify if they were his alibi. He's also fortunate that I do not discuss our marriage with other people unless it is something positive.

Speaking of house contents and clothing......
Wonder what happened to the these shoes?
(CPD specifically searched the house right after the arrest)
Like the router, they are nowhere to be found :waitasec:

Capture-2.jpg

Sure would like to know what the 7.12.08 email from BC to NC contained. Still not sure the reason for it's suppression. Anyone know/surmise?

If you are using a windows computer - Rt. Click on My Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Event Viewer and then Windows Logs. The System log is where this would be logged. If your are using XP it is similar except I think the Windows Logs step will be left out.

You can also hit start and type "Event Viewer" in the search programs and files line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam