April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure would like to know what the 7.12.08 email from BC to NC contained. Still not sure the reason for it's suppression. Anyone know/surmise?

hopefully we find out after the trial..if it ever ends! Often hear jurors say if we had known that ..it may have changed our minds

Genius, yet completely stupid at the same time.
The $75K would have given him a clean slate to move on w/ no debt...not to mention no alimony.

Which is it? Genius or stupid? Or does it alternate to explain either the "evidence" that was left, or the lack of evidence? Sounds convenient to me. Just a minute a go he was smarter than everyone on this board....now he is completely stupid.

Last I heard, life insurance proceeds are not taxed.
What estate taxes would be owed on Nancy's minimal estate?
Yes, the $75K would go to pay off debt so he could move on with a new life.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't of been of full 75k, and that's coming from someone who's talked with lawyers concerning wills and life insurance policies.

He wasn't doing it for money. 75k isn't going to get you far raising two kids.

My only issue is they do it all the time. We've already had a report from someone in the courtroom that they have gotten looks from the jury (not positive ones) because of it.

I have noticed it too.

Which is it? Genius or stupid? Or does it alternate to explain either the "evidence" that was left, or the lack of evidence? Sounds convenient to me. Just a minute a go he was smarter than everyone on this board....now he is completely stupid.

The post said both.
People that murder others are stupid.
Does that answer your question?

10/2008 SW

Capture-5.jpg

They knew about those shoes the weekend of the murder. They had that video by Sunday. Why did they wait until October to look for them? Waiting for 3 months to look for shoes and not finding them is not the same as looking for the shoes. The seized the house on the 15th. Show me where they looked for the shoes at that point in time. If they were so important to the prosecutions case, they should have looked then, not 3 months later.

The post said both.

Not really. A few posts before he was "off the charts genius", then smarter than everyone else. Now he is both genius and stupid.

Genius, yet completely stupid at the same time.
The $75K would have given him a clean slate to move on w/ no debt...not to mention no alimony.

Is it really believable that an intelligent, educated man earning >$100k annually would commit murder for $75k? Alimony would only be for a couple of years. Divorce tends to put both parties in a bit of financial mess for couple of years, but most quickly recover. I'm sure Brad could have survived a couple of years with reduced spending.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't of been of full 75k, and that's coming from someone who's talked with lawyers concerning wills and life insurance policies.

He wasn't doing it for money. 75k isn't going to get you far raising two kids.

In NC, life insurance proceeds are not taxed.
I agree, the motive to murder did not rest on $75K.

They knew about those shoes the weekend of the murder. They had that video by Sunday. Why did they wait until October to look for them? Waiting for 3 months to look for shoes and not finding them is not the same as looking for the shoes. The seized the house on the 15th. Show me where they looked for the shoes at that point in time. If they were so important to the prosecutions case, they should have looked then, not 3 months later.

It seems that a lot of what the CPD did in this case was late. So much of what seems to have been important evidence was just left alone and not bothered with until weeks and months later.

Google "raleigh jogger attacked" (without quotes) and you will see quite a few reports about area joggers being attacked over the years. Such attacks certainly are not common, but they do happen. So it's not much of a reach to think that she could have been attacked while jogging.

There was a jogger attacked in my neighborhood here in Raleigh about 4 years ago. Completely random crime. I never run alone in the morning.

Exactly. And I guess BC was supposed to magically point those shoes out from jail.

Not really. A few posts before he was "off the charts genius", then smarter than everyone else. Now he is both genius and stupid.

In technical matters.
Anyone that murders their wife is stupid.

Can we move on please?

The post said both.

What I said is that Brad would have to be completely stupid to commit murder for $75k. I don't think he is completely stupid, and I don't believe that he would risk his freedom and life for that amount of money. The life insurance is not a motive.

There was a jogger attacked in my neighborhood here in Raleigh about 4 years ago. Completely random crime. I never run alone in the morning.

If I were a jogger, nowadays I think I'd look into carrying a taser. Even big dogs are no match for guns.

it is obviously not that important to the case.
I did hear Det Young asked one question about the shoes and said they were not recovered.

I simply asked the question to the board about the mysterious shoes.
To me, it shows he ditched them for some reason.

it is obviously not that important to the case.
I did hear Det Young asked one question about the shoes and said they were not recovered.

I simply asked the question to the board about the mysterious shoes.
To me, it shows he ditched them for some reason.

The ducks were not recovered either.

I'm glad you don't. There is never any guarantee that safety will always be inherent. For anybody in any type of situation.
I live on a 1/2 mile, dead end road, very rural, thick woods and farmland on both sides of the road. I know all of my neighbors, what few I have, and I used to walk to the end and back twice a day. I stopped a few years ago because of a woman being attacked in her home about 3 miles away. The suspect fled through the woods and ended up crossing my dead end road in his attempt to flee. That scared me, so I do very little walking any more unless somebody is with me. I don't see any need in taking any chances if I don't have to.

The ducks were "not recovered" either.

The ducks were packed up by Nancy in a box for the move.
Bradley's shoes were not.

I think it is hilarious everyone is using the 'ducks' to cover everything else, including missing routers, FXO cards and shoes.

The missing blowpoke was "found", making the DA look silly in the Peterson trial.
Guess what, he was convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member