Found Deceased AR - Alan Buckels Sr, 63, Little Rock, vehicle found w/ groceries, 18 Dec 2020

mlhenn

Reaction score
Little Rock man still missing after running errands mid December | thv11.com

Alan Buckels Sr. left his home to run to the grocery story to pick up a few items.

He was last seen on surveillance footage at Edwards Food Giant on Cantrell Road in Little Rock, Friday, Dec. 18 in the afternoon.

Three days later his van was found in Murray Park with no sign of Buckels Sr. It was locked with his phone and belongings inside, including his groceries.

"The groceries were still in the van and the receipt was in there, said he checked out of Edwards at 3:24 p.m. on Friday," he said.

10 days after Buckels Sr. was last seen, the Little Rock Police Department continued their search with the Arkansas State Police at Murray Park.

Starting Tuesday, Game and Fish officers will join Little Rock Police in the search.

Maybe he wasn't feeling well and went to the park to get some air. Its a 10 minute drive from Edwards.
Google Maps

The parking area overlooks the river: Google Maps
I'd think if he wasn't feeling well he would want to go home. But, if I have the address right (from the house number in the video), he went past the road to his house and in an opposite direction to get to the park. If, in fact, it was he who drove his vehicle there.............. MOO

ETA: Adding that his son has the same name so unsure of address ATM.

Welcome to Websleuths, @Pcraig36!

That does seem odd. Is the woman affiliated with any missing persons groups? I’d want someone without the “gift of gab” to be a family spokesperson.

Edited to Add: If you’re an insider (since you know the son and the family spokesperson), you’ll want to become verified:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Otherwise, any facts you provide have to be based on media reports or labeled as speculation only.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Last edited:
Would anyone like for me to upload the conversation I had with Jr?

Welcome @Pcraig36
As @ElementalLaura previously posted, any info you feel may be helpful that didn’t come from a verified source (LE, media, ..) you can share through conversations using the ‘inbox’ tab in the upper right corner of the page. :)

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Little Rock man still missing after running errands mid December | thv11.com

I also see where an aunt also lives close by.

From article:
But as hours and then days passed, Buckels Jr. started to worry because this was highly uncharacteristic of his "creature of habit" dad.

"I texted my aunt Sunday to see if he was still over there, assuming that's where he was. She said she hadn't heard from him in a while and he wasn't over there. That's when I started getting concerned," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
More pics of Alan in this article :

Police searching for missing Little Rock man last seen nearly 2 weeks ago

6835ce41-203e-4245-97f5-ddb935db6a0e-large16x9_alanbuckels2.jpg

Maybe he wasn't feeling well and went to the park to get some air. Its a 10 minute drive from Edwards.
Google Maps

The parking area overlooks the river: Google Maps
Good gosh that river looks high! Certainly someone has an idea how Sr. had been lately. Was/is there a reason he could be depressed? Has suicide ever been part of a conversation with him? I wonder if they're going to search the river. I hope so. Why does a man go to the store to get fixings for tacos and then not return home with the ingredients?

This isn't meant to be funny but maybe he decided to fish for fish tacos. ??!! Wonder if he kept a fishing pole in the van.

Yeah my first impression is that it feels like self harm, to me. But thats just a feeling, not based on facts. Although any time a phone is left behind and the person was one, it often points that way. Wallets, too.

Yeah my first impression is that it feels like self harm, to me. But thats just a feeling, not based on facts. Although any time a phone is left behind and the person was one, it often points that way. Wallets, too.
Would someone go buy groceries to cook supper that night if they were planning self harm? I guess it’s possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back