Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still catching up, but wanted to mention a fetal abduction case I followed involved a woman perp selling “baby clothes” on Craigslist, iirc.

As mentioned above, she’s in an earlier term, so hopefully that is not the case here.

Why would a woman abduct a pregnant woman she doesn’t know? Hoping for the best.

Yes, where did the interview take place and WHO was present? If "Lucy" only provided the transportation, who did Ashley meet with in the fake interview? Unlike HB's case, this sounds like more than one person could be involved.

What time did they leave for the interview, in other words what was the time lapse between leaving and the time the fiancé saw them at 3PM?
I'd like to know what time they originally left for the interview as well. That's an important element in the timeline. How long were Ashley and 'Lucy' gone?

And Ashley's phone was fortunately found not to far from where she left from, apparently 'thrown out the truck window'.
I presume her phone will show pings as to where she went.

Do we know where Ashley lived?

I'd like to know what time they originally left for the interview as well. That's an important element in the timeline. How long were Ashley and 'Lucy' gone?

And Ashley's phone was fortunately found not to far from where she left from, apparently 'thrown out the truck window'.

I've heard no mention of the phone being "thrown out the truck window". Maybe that's an assumption but it's not fact.

well this case is very concerning. I think we all know the biggest fear here. I hope Ashley is okay and this resolves with her found safe and unharmed. I'm sure her kids are so confused right now.

Very important clue, I agree.

Another thing I'm curious about. Ashley is almost eight months along, what was driving the need to find a job at this particular time? Rhetorical question of sorts, obviously the need for money. But still curious about the details. Had she been previously employed recently?

Reporter - That's what her fiance, Josh Willis, tells me. He says that a woman named Lucy picked her up to take her to a job interview in Bentonville. The two met on social media, but now Willis tells me that he hopes that his soon to be wife and unborn child are returned home safely.

Fiance - I really need her home. She was actually the rock that kept all of us going.

from @Allabouttrial's transcription above.

the BBM tense usage bothers me but it could just be someone who is unaccustomed to speaking to press and emotionally upset by these circumstances.

I don't understand the whole phone being found part unless Ashley was somehow forced to throw it out the window or perhaps she had left a clue on it somehow?
Since her fiance met this Lucy woman I am assuming he can provide a physical description and LE can update with a sketch.

So it looks like Ashley and her fiancée met with “Lucy” on Friday for what was supposed to be the first of two interviews. “Lucy” lulled them both into a false sense of security by earning their trust. Calculating and Brazen.

Someone above said they found it strange that the fiancée followed the vehicle when he noticed that “Lucy” looked straight at him then drove past. I don’t find it strange at all. If I were waiting for my pregnant wife and she was with some stranger and that person drives right past me you better believe I’m going to go after them. It sounds like by the time he got over the hill they were out of sight. He then stopped and obviously called LE.

Only too late did the fiancée call the company and ask if “Lucy” was an employee. They should have done that once “Lucy” asked for an interview that wasn’t at the official place of business. But hindsight is 20/20. Who knows if many people would even think to call the company. We know now for future reference. Absolutely not blaming anyone. Just another in a long line of things learned on Websleuths that make me sound ‘paranoid’ to my family. I say one can never be too paranoid.

It also sounds like “Lucy” probably grabbed the phone and threw it out the window right after they drove past the Handi-Mart. This abduction was planned. I think the reason she waited to abduct Ashley till the last moment was she wanted Ashley to trust her up until the last moment. I’d say she’s ditched the truck by now. It may have been stolen, borrowed or bought under a false name. Hopefully there is CCTV video somewhere that shows this “Lucy” woman or the vehicle.

I glanced at the FB link above from the sheriffs dept. I cannot understand why people are so cruel. It’s one of the reasons I don’t do FB. People are callous and mean and say whatever nasty thing that comes to mind. Some seem to forget a pregnant woman has been abducted.

This is of course all my speculation and MOO.

MOO and YMMV; if her fiancée saw "Lucy" with his own eyes - twice, according to the new articles - he could provide details for a composite sketch or render of the woman, no?

It's closing in on 48 hours since Bush disappeared. Her poor children.

I don’t get why “Lucy” would risk driving past the Handi Mart knowing that Ashley’s fiancé was waiting there to pick her up. Why risk being seen? Why not take a different route?

I wish we’d get more information - some of the story doesn’t seem to fit.

I don't understand the whole phone being found part unless Ashley was somehow forced to throw it out the window or perhaps she had left a clue on it somehow?
Since her fiance met this Lucy woman I am assuming he can provide a physical description and LE can update with a sketch.

WHO 'found' the phone is relevant I think.

I don’t get why “Lucy” would risk driving past the Handi Mart knowing that Ashley’s fiancé was waiting there to pick her up. Why risk being seen? Why not take a different route?

I wish we’d get more information - some of the story doesn’t seem to fit.
That is just bizarre. Is there film of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow