Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In every scenario I've tried to imagine, I can't fit "Lucy" driving Ashley back to the meeting spot and being seen again by the fiance.
The ONLY thing I can make of "Lucy" bringing her back to the meeting spot is that she (Lucy) was second guessing herself. She had this planned but was nervous. She drove her back to the meeting spot to continue the storyline and then last minute followed through with the kidnapping.

However, I do not think I believe that "lucy" exists. That's just my take if she happens to be.

I would assume yes but she is also a suspect I believe. She drove past Ashley’s fiancé after making eye contact with him and he chased her down but was unable to catch her. He says she offered them baby clothes for the new baby, that sent chills down my spine. She also claimed to work for a company however when the company was contacted they claimed they didn’t have a Lucy working there and they do not hire people off of Facebook. This tells me she is obviously not who she says she is, in my opinion her name probably isn’t even Lucy and she was more than likely targeting Ashley because she’s pregnant due to the kind offerings.
It seems like we’re looking at two totally different crimes here which may be why the case is so darn weird.

Is this a job scam? The details fit. Or is it a fetal abduction? That seems to fit too.

But when you inspect both more closely neither makes much sense. Job scams entail the victim giving money to the scammer. There’s no mention of Lucy doing anything more than scheduling two interviews.

And fetal abduction is possible but why would the kidnapper put themself at risk by setting up an abduction over 4 or 5 days? And purposely driving past the fiancé and even making eye contact with him? That’s quite a trail.

I’m at a loss; two scams, one theft and one a violent crime running simultaneously? Very odd. MOO

Yes, but those changes are usually associated with models in a given year. In other words, as a car-ish person, I would find it odd to recognize the specific year of a 90s-era truck, but not the model.

In this particular case, the only thing notable about 1998 models was the optional OnStar service and passlock theft protection, presumably not something visible outside the vehicle, at a distance.

Well, just for example, I have a 2004 VW Golf. It's a GLS 2.0L. In that year, you also have a GL, GL 2.0L, GL TDI, GLS TDI. The body style changed somewhat from the 2003 version, and during the 4-year window they made my Golf there were different paint colors available from the preceding and succeeding years. I love my VWs, but would be hard-pressed to tell which exact model I'm viewing, especially if it's in motion, but if I see the hood and ugly purply-blue color that was available during those years, I know it's likely a 2004-2008. I don't think if I saw you fly by me at 95 mph that I would be confident enough to say that you're definitely driving a 2006, but I would feel safe saying you're in a Golf produced in that 4-year range.

Just MOO based on my own experience.

I just saw this article on my hometown news. Not sure if it has anything new as I haven't followed this case.

Bush’s fiancé, Josh Willis, spoke about his plea to bring his fiancée home a day after she was last seen. Today, he says his worry has grown after not hearing from her since Monday afternoon— a full 48 hours.

Willis says he’s now more concerned after finding her cell phone in a ditch, leaving her unable to contact her family. Bush also missed an important ultrasound appointment today.

I think we all learned from the Heidi Broussard case not to judge the husband so quickly, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all learned from the Heidi Broussard case not to judge the husband so quickly,<modsnip - not victim friendly>
My main concern at this point is the implausible narrative here, and how law enforcement is handling this; it doesn't feel like an abduction at all.

<modsnip - insinuation against non-POI>

Hopefully anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something off here. I don't like the story, which has all kinds of details but not very helpful ones. No video? No description of the kidnapper? No one saw them at the library? What about the people at the mini mart, did they witness Lucy's truck at the two separate times Ashley was there? Who else knows Lucy or has had dealings with her on FB?

This is way past odd. Where is Ashley after all this time??

There seem to be so many very odd cases circulating right now. This is another one that has me baffled.

I am trying to keep a very open mind and not form any theories until more information is released. I can almost make this work in my mind except for one little piece of evidence...that Lucy drove ALL THE WAY BACK TO MAYSVILLE before she decided to abduct Ashley. I just can't make an abduction scenario fit with that information.

I think there is something weird about that particular FB site. All posts (by apparently many different people) were posted on Oct 12 at 11:07. It looks like someone aggregated previous posts from various individual's FB pages. I had seen that post of AB's elsewhere and it was dated earlier in Sept and the 24 weeks timeline fit. I also searched the post of another random person's post and it had been posted on their own FB page at and earlier date as well. i.e. I don't think AB made that post on Oct 12.
so heres a somewhat hidden trick about FB approvals.
IF there is a photo, you can actually see when it was uploaded. And you are correct, the photo was uploaded to the group on September 20th. (if you click to open the photo it will show you when it was submitted for approval instead of the date it was actually posted).

So she was 24 weeks on September 20th.
Tagging @bears10 as well :)

There seem to be so many very odd cases circulating right now. This is another one that has me baffled.

I am trying to keep a very open mind and not form any theories until more information is released. I can almost make this work in my mind except for one little piece of evidence...that Lucy drove ALL THE WAY BACK TO MAYSVILLE before she decided to abduct Ashley. I just can't make an abduction scenario fit with that information.
That is, if they in fact drove all the way to Bentonville.

There is something off here. I don't like the story, which has all kinds of details but not very helpful ones. No video? No description of the kidnapper? No one saw them at the library? What about the people at the mini mart, did they witness Lucy's truck at the two separate times Ashley was there? Who else knows Lucy or has had dealings with her on FB?

This is way past odd. Where is Ashley after all this time??
The clerk from Handi Mart said the store is always busy with as many as 300 customers in a day. Surely someone would recall the truck- tan isn’t a common color- and/or Ashley, Lucy and fiancé.

Why on earth would a kidnapper arrange meetings at places which increase the odds of being seen?

In other cases of fetal abduction the perpetrator lured the victim to their home. This person instead chose well traveled public buildings?

IMO we’re not dealing with brainiacs. This case is like a bad movie that has too many plot holes. Hopefully LE will locate Ashley soon.

Im just not understanding the discrepency with the pregnancy related info / dates. Another poster indicated she (Ashley) was 24 weeks on 10/12 as per Ashley on her FB (I don't have FB) and a different poster said as per the fiance's FB he indicated the due date was 1/3/23. However there is an online registry, assuming they created, indicating the due date is 1/4/23. I know its only 1 day off from the fiance, but one would think that they would know the exact due date. But then there is another registry indicating the due date is 1/3/23. If that isn't confusing enough, another poster indicated that Ashley referenced giving birth around Thanksgiving 2022?!?! I understand about "preggo/baby brain" but I can't wrap my mind around all the different pregnancy related dates & postings. <modsnip>
The oct 12th post was actually submitted on September 20th(you can see the date if you click the photo on FB) so that matches the January 3rd/4th date. Not sure about the rest though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member