Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s another one…from 2000. Theresa Andrews. Her son lived. The woman committed suicide.

R A V E N N A, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000 -- After being removed from his slain mother’s womb by another woman, who then passed the child off as her own until committing suicide as police closed in, baby Oscar will go home with his grieving father Thursday.

Just finished this entire thread, so I hope I'm up to date. This new information about AW possibly being pregnant with a due date in January has me scratching my head. I'm ready to accept that she may have been pregnant at some point recently, but I'm positive she made a post on FB about being due in November, before Thanksgiving. I'll brb to edit this post and add the link if I can find it. Until then, MOO!

Edit to add: the following is the post I was remembering.

Her response to a comment indicates she was due sooner than Ianuary.
Just one more oddity in this case.

Last edited:
Just finished this entire thread, so I hope I'm up to date. This new information about AW possibly being pregnant with a due date in January has me scratching my head. I'm ready to accept that she may have been pregnant at some point recently, but I'm positive she made a post on FB about being due in November, before Thanksgiving. I'll brb to edit this post and add the link if I can find it. Until then, MOO!

Edit to add: the following is the post I was remembering.

Her response to a comment indicates she was due sooner than Ianuary.
Just one more oddity in this case.
Good catch. That is odd.

We likely won’t ever know the real answers to whether or not AW was actually pregnant this time and whether or not she actually had 4 miscarriages previously. She may be the only person in the world that knows the truth, and the only other people that would know if it is verifiably true may be bound to silence by Hippa. I’m no expert on that, hopefully someone could add insight on Hippa in this instance.

We likely won’t ever know the real answers to whether or not AW was actually pregnant this time and whether or not she actually had 4 miscarriages previously. She may be the only person in the world that knows the truth, and the only other people that would know if it is verifiably true may be bound to silence by Hippa. I’m no expert on that, hopefully someone could add insight on Hippa in this instance.
I wouldn’t consider myself an expert on the topic of HIPAA but do teach a university class about HIPAA.

My best guess is that Amber opened her pregnancy related protected health information up to disclosure when she claimed to be the parent of the decedent newborn. According to this link citing HIPAA rules, “A covered entity may disclose protected health information to a coroner or medical examiner for the purpose of identifying a deceased person, determining a cause of death, or other duties as authorized by law. A covered entity that also performs the duties of a coroner or medical examiner may use protected health information for the purposes described in this paragraph.”

I would imagine that getting an accurate gestational age (particularly relating to COD) and identification of the baby would allow disclosure to the coroner.

Of course, all IMO and subject to additional verification.

I could see it being a mitigating circumstance during sentencing. She was in some kind of post partum psychosis. I am not saying that she was, only experts could determine that and as a jury member I would need a lot of convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa