GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing! There are apparently neighbors living on each side of the home....did they see or hear something? I have a feeling this "buyer" was someone she knew by her leaving her purse in the car and being casually dressed.

Could she have left with someone by boat??

Another thing that caught my eye, in the Realtor photos of the house I posted, there is an attic with pull down stairs. LE should check there if they didn't. If it was put back up they may not have realized there where stairs and figured there was no way to access it without a ladder or chair.

I am Realtor. It is not uncommon for ladies in my part of the country to wear dressy bermuda length shorts to show a home during the hotter months of the year. Add some nice sandals, a sleeveless blouse and a little jewelry to make the outfit. It is hot in the south, even in September and October. Temps have been in the mid eighties. Vacant homes usually have the air conditioning turned off or set on 80 or more to save electricity. When we show homes we sweat. Better to dress comfortably with a little bit of style !

When I show a home I carry my cell phone, a clipboard with a printout of the listing information, a pen and my electronic key for the lockbox. If someone attacked me or tried to force me to leave, some of that stuff would be on the floor. Other supplies such as contracts, tape measure, flashlight etc. are left in the car.

I remove the key from the lockbox, unlock the door, pocket the key, turn the deadbolt so that it sticks out with the door pulled almost shut. That way, I can make a quick exit without having to struggle with a closed door if I need to. Always, always the cell phone is with me.

Even when a home is vacant, we are expected to call the listing agent or their service to confirm the time we will be showing the home. We never just show up without notice. They will check their showing schedule to be sure that no one else is showing the home at that same time before confirming the appointment.

I turn on all of the lights and ceiling fans and sometimes open the blinds to show off the home at it's best. I turn it all off and close everything before I leave. I would be interested to know if the lights and fans were still on when hubby arrived at the home.

I am Realtor. It is not uncommon for ladies in my part of the country to wear dressy bermuda length shorts to show a home during the hotter months of the year. Add some nice sandals, a sleeveless blouse and a little jewelry to make the outfit. It is hot in the south, even in September and October. Temps have been in the mid eighties. Vacant homes usually have the air conditioning turned off or set on 80 or more to save electricity. When we show homes we sweat. Better to dress comfortably with a little bit of style !

When I show a home I carry my cell phone, a clipboard with a printout of the listing information, a pen and my electronic key for the lockbox. If someone attacked me or tried to force me to leave, some of that stuff would be on the floor. Other supplies such as contracts, tape measure, flashlight etc. are left in the car.

I remove the key from the lockbox, unlock the door, pocket the key, turn the deadbolt so that it sticks out with the door pulled almost shut. That way, I can make a quick exit without having to struggle with a closed door if I need to. Always, always the cell phone is with me.

Even when a home is vacant, we are expected to call the listing agent or their service to confirm the time we will be showing the home. We never just show up without notice. They will check their showing schedule to be sure that no one else is showing the home at that same time before confirming the appointment.

I turn on all of the lights and ceiling fans and sometimes open the blinds to show off the home at it's best. I turn it all off and close everything before I leave. I would be interested to know if the lights and fans were still on when hubby arrived at the home.

I would like to know if they fingerprinted the door, lights,fans etc to see if Beverly's fingerprints are even in there to show if she actually made it into the house.

This is not looking good! [modsnip] I can't imagine they did not have a secure system in place. Although it just may be that they are referring the "pick-up ID" as an added security policy. JMO

I pray she is found safe...and SOON!

Just a thought ... if they're reporting that she met with "an unknown person", then it seems they have not found any trace of an actual "appointment" with this person, to show the home. No "name" to report?

If it's someone she knows, she may not have recorded the name, or made note of it anywhere.

Is Scott a small town?

Just thinking out loud here ... JMO ... MOO

I see there's quite allot of water near by. The Arkansas River included.

"There, he found her brown Cadillac sport utility vehicle parked in the driveway with her purse inside it and saw the door to the home standing open, deputies said. Carl Carter searched for his wife inside the house but didn’t find her. Nothing seemed to be missing from her purse, but deputies couldn't find the home's door lock, according to the report."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/sep/26/realtor-goes-show-house-disappears-deputies-say/

I find it strange that her purse was still in her car. My purse goes everywhere with me, and unless my phone is completely dead and being charged, it comes with me too.

Snipped...

UPDATE: (4:50 p.m.):

The sheriff's office is asking any farmers or owners of large areas of land in the Scott area to please check their properties to help in the search for Beverly Carter.

Police are using a helicopter and search dogs to look for Carter. Volunteers and fellow realtors are also helping search and hand out flyers.

About to rewatch the video...not sure if I HEARD it correctly...

ETA: I guess I heard it correctly...they showed texts that came from Bev after midnight saying her phone was dead and she was out for drinks
:what:

Snipped...

ETA: I guess I heard it correctly...they showed texts that came from Bev after midnight saying her phone was dead and she was out for drinks

Sounds like the perp was trying to buy time by texting, pretending to be her. If she had simply gone out for drinks, why wait until after midnight to text? I'm not buying it.

I hope they know where the phone pinged when the text was sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Detective says it appears Beverly Carter was taken from the home'

This is a Tweet, but can't seem to copy and paste.

Ive been wrong before but I would really be surprised if the hubby had anything to do with this.

Snipped...

Where are you reading this? How could they have said husband was getting texts after midnight, when he found her phone in the car, when he got to the house? That was well before midnight.

The texts were occuring after the husband reported her missing then?

I'm not sure --> but they show the texts received & said texts from her showed up after midnight - it's mentioned around 1:45 mark in the video

[video]http://www.katv.com/clip/10629687/police-still-searching-for-missing-realtor[/video]

Detective says it appears Beverly Carter was taken from the home

This is a Tweet: but can't seem to copy and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53