GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that she had a new/different phone with a different number (which does not go along with the story that she activated a different phone with her same number) on Monday night after she was released on the TBR charge.

I am going to jump out here and predict that this particular phone was a burner phone, and that it was actually the same phone used to make the appt with Beverly. JMO of course.

All I know is that she had a new/different phone with a different number (which does not go along with the story that she activated a different phone with her same number) on Monday night after she was released on the TBR charge.

Thank you for your input, Butler. I sincerely appreciate it.

Seems the police absolutely have good "evidence" linking her to this crime. Even with the few crumbs we have found so far, it is seems to be heading straight down that path to "equal involvement". Put on your seatbelts! This is going to be a bumpy ride!

I am going to jump out here and predict that this particular phone was a burner phone, and that it was actually the same phone used to make the appt with Beverly. JMO of course.

I, personally, think you are absolutely right. My opinion, of course. Her involvement is much, much deeper than a phone she didn't know about on top of her dirty underwear she couldn't see.

Quite possible it was a burner phone. But my question is, could CL have had a family phone plan? One including her children, AL and whomever? My first cell phone was given to me as a Mother's Day gift and I was on my daughter's family plan.

Which makes it very hard for me to convince myself that CL knew nothing in advance about any of this and that she was allegedly not home for the majority of the weekend, and most importantly - that she was at "clinicals" the night Beverly was kidnapped/abducted.

And from what I have read here and there, even IF someone didn't participate in a crime but knew about it after the fact and did nothing to report it, that they can still be charged with the same charges as the person who actually committed the crime! JMO.

This website has some informative information:

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/criminal-law-crime-definition-faqs.html

Q: Can an event be both a criminal and civil offense?

A: Yes. Depending on the circumstances, a single event may be tried in both courts. For example, a defendant may be tried in criminal court for murder, and later that same defendant may be sued in civil court by the victim's family for wrongful death.

Q: Can being present at the scene of a crime make you guilty?

A: In most states, juries are instructed that merely being present at the scene of a crime, even with guilty knowledge that a crime is being committed, isn't enough to convict a person of a crime.
But there are principles of criminal liability that apply to people other than the person who actually committed*a crime. For example, under federal law there is a crime called "misprision" of a felony, which applies to a person who has actual knowledge of the commission of a felony and doesn't report it to the authorities.
Also, under federal and most state*laws, a person can be held criminally liable as an "accessory after the fact" if she has knowledge that a crime was committed and assists the offender to hinder his apprehension, trial or punishment. You can also be guilty of aiding and abetting*a crime if you help another person in committing the crime, with knowledge of the criminal nature of the act they're committing.
Additionally, a person who agrees with another person to commit a crime, after which the other person commits a criminal act to further their agreement, may be guilty of conspiracy.
But merely witnessing a crime, without any participation in it and without providing assistance, isn't a crime.

Q: What constitutes "aiding and abetting?"

A: Aiding and abetting is a theory of criminal liability under federal and most state laws. You can be guilty of a crime either as a principal perpetrator - the "main" actor - or as an aider and abettor.
Aiding and abetting applies to someone who assists or helps one or more other people commit a crime.*To be held accountable as an aider and abettor, you must know of the criminal objective and do something to make it succeed. For example, if you drive your friend to a meeting where you know your friend is going to buy drugs, you may be an aider and abettor in the drug transaction.
The key here is knowledge. While the level of participation of the aider and abettor may be relatively minor, the prosecution must show more than presence in a vehicle carrying drugs or association with conspirators known to be involved in a crime.
In other words, mere presence at the scene of a crime, even with guilty knowledge that a crime is being committed, isn't enough to make you liable for the crime itself, unless and until you do something to help the crime succeed.
Under federal law, the punishment for someone who aids and abets a crime is the same as the punishment for the person who principally committed the crime. In some states, the punishment may be less.

Q: What exactly is the felony murder law?

A: Felony murder means that all persons engaged in a felony are liable for murder if one of them kills a person during the crime.

For example, if A and B rob a bank and as they're escaping B shoots and kills a bank employee, even by accident, both A and B may be charged with murder unfer the felony murder rule.

Just bringing forward this post of mine from earlier that relates to my recent post.

Was the big knock down drag out fight the night before Beverly's abduction? That's how I remember it but the articles I've got on the fighting weren't specific as to date. Reason being, per the post above, if AL had perhaps come home and being under pressure to produce money for the household announced the plan he had, or had been offered in the event of that third party... The announcement of this plan could have been the source of the blow up fight. CL might have not wanted any part of it and he insisted - but if she had been made aware of it then she was then guilty for not turning him in minimally. He may have asked her to participate .. Even if she went away from the house and had alibis while crime and cover up was taking place.... She supposedly responded to come to the hospital to get him. So IF that trip to the hospital had been at a time when she knew the whole caper, it would certainly give the impression of cooperation and evasion of LE. I'm thinking the prior knowledge thing will come into play here. If anyone has a pinpoint for the big fight date right before Beverly went to the showing at the house let me know. Been trying to get that for awhile!

Interesting in retrospect... Could they not reach her due to CL having a different phone number at the time? if so when did she either give her friends her new number or change back to the old? 12/11 VI#1 stated repeatedly that she had the same phone number just different phones.

Originally Posted by jstanokiegal
It will be interesting to find out who, if anyone, AL was trying to call after he escaped LE at the hospital and up until the time he was captured.
NJ, do you know if he tried to contact CL during that time?

NJ 11/5 823am
No I do not. Her phone was taken by LE on that Sunday and it took a day or so to get another phone in place. Friends were trying to reach her and couldn't. I went to her house but she was not there. Another friend was arrested by LE for going to the house yelling for her and her daughter. I never asked her if he tried to contact her. She never volunteered that information. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11169942#post11169942

Interesting in retrospect... Could they not reach her due to CL having a different phone number at the time? if so when did she either give her friends her new number or change back to the old? 12/11 VI#1 stated repeatedly that she had the same phone number just different phones.

Originally Posted by jstanokiegal
It will be interesting to find out who, if anyone, AL was trying to call after he escaped LE at the hospital and up until the time he was captured.
NJ, do you know if he tried to contact CL during that time?

NJ 11/5 823am
No I do not. Her phone was taken by LE on that Sunday and it took a day or so to get another phone in place. Friends were trying to reach her and couldn't. I went to her house but she was not there. Another friend was arrested by LE for going to the house yelling for her and her daughter. I never asked her if he tried to contact her. She never volunteered that information. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11169942#post11169942
Sorry, but this whole phone thing never made sense to me. Supposedly LE had her phone, she gets another phone with same number? I seriously do not think LE would allow that since they were probably monitoring her calls and texts while they had her phone. Wouldn't LE's access to that phone number stop if she reactivated that number on another phone?
ETA: Maybe they let her reactivate that number after AL was apprehended and in jail.

Wouldn't LE's access to that phone number stop if she reactivated that number on another phone?

They could still access previous calls and texts...the phone's history....but the phone would not be active to receive new calls and texts. You are correct....you cannot have two phones active for the same number at the same time.

They could still access previous calls and texts...the phone's history....but the phone would not be active to receive new calls and texts. You are correct....you cannot have two phones active for the same number at the same time.
Thanks, that's what I meant to say, just didn't come out that way! If CL reactivated her original number then LE would not receive incoming texts or calls on her original phone. Possibly why she couldn't have that same number for a few days?

Was the big knock down drag out fight the night before Beverly's abduction? That's how I remember it but the articles I've got on the fighting weren't specific as to date. Reason being, per the post above, if AL had perhaps come home and being under pressure to produce money for the household announced the plan he had, or had been offered in the event of that third party... The announcement of this plan could have been the source of the blow up fight. CL might have not wanted any part of it and he insisted - but if she had been made aware of it then she was then guilty for not turning him in minimally. He may have asked her to participate .. Even if she went away from the house and had alibis while crime and cover up was taking place.... She supposedly responded to come to the hospital to get him. So IF that trip to the hospital had been at a time when she knew the whole caper, it would certainly give the impression of cooperation and evasion of LE. I'm thinking the prior knowledge thing will come into play here. If anyone has a pinpoint for the big fight date right before Beverly went to the showing at the house let me know. Been trying to get that for awhile!

I haven't seen anything, that I remember anyway of prior to Beverly showing. In these two interviews, the neighbor says they had arguments prior.

KARK http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...pected-kidnapper/24716/9hhoijqC202lQJtG_n5QoA *note neighbor says it was around 330pm when she saw AL, and he had a shaved head. **Possible as another member here stated earlier, AL may have shaved his head so that possible hair fibers would be harder to be left behind if head shaved. < noted the member said was just their opinion.

KTHV http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...rter-realtor-kidnapping-arron-lewis/16449117/

Here are 2 quotes that VI#1 stated fight on Thurs night

Originally Posted by TTF14
Did you say that she told you she left that evening after he got home? Did she say if she noticed if he had any scratches on his face, etc. like the neighbor reported seeing on him?

NJ 11/3 341pm
They got in a fight that Thur evening but if I remember correctly she stayed the night Thur night at her home and was attempting to stay the night at her home on Fri night but their fight escalated to point she left for remainder of the weekend (this was after the TP incident with AL calling the police to report the toilet paper rolling which cause the start of the fight they had if I remember correctly). Her daughter was at a friend's house for the weekend so she left too. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11163203#post11163203

I'm jumping back to toilet paper night. And the bizarre calling of the police by AL, reputedly. Which makes no sense and really bugs me.

Maybe... Since this is the night after the abduction, maybe he had received word that... (humor me for a minute on the third party participant) ...that something very bad had happened with the victim he had delivered and this possible 3rd party told AL that she had accidentally died... And AL knows he needs an airtight alibi in case this all gets discovered along with his initial involvement, he needs to distance himself from a possible murder. So he calls to make a police report over nothing-- to show, "hey look, she died at X o'clock on the 26th and you can see by the police report... I was home then. So was my wife." The entire TP incident could have been set up by him for just such an excuse or alibi. He does seem to think he can outsmart everyone. Half of me still believes he didn't set out to murder her or actually kill her himself and it was an accident. He's so detail oriented and plodding, I don't see him just calling the cops on some kids randomly on THAT day. ???

Here is the 2nd.

NJ 11/3 536am
She was at clinicals at a hospital. The mutual friend who told me she knew for sure she was at class knows 100% but I will not say how they know or what that friend told me. I don't want to get friends upset with me for posting what they told me. They way they know CL was in class at least most of the day on Thur and Thur evening at clinicals, I am quite sure it's true she was at class.

Her neighbors reported her and AL fighting Thur evening, which goes along with what CL personally told me.
On Fri she was supposed to be in class and then came home and another fight took place (this was also verified by neighbors)
CL spent the night (verified) on Sat night with someone else (not at her house). It is my understanding she left Fri night after the fight and did not come home until Sun after the wreck and hospital events and only to get clothes to go stay somewhere else. Then she was arrested the next day and taken in for questioning for over 8 hours. They searched the house that day (monday sept 29). She was charged with the theft by receiving for the phone being in her home laid out in plain sight (so she says LE told her they found it in plain sight).
She was not staying at the house, only coming and going once AL went on the run. This was verified by neighbors so I believe she told me the truth.
As I have posted here before. She was selling a lot of things she had to get money for rent and other bills. She was someone who went to yard sells and then resold things for more money. That was how she earned extra money anyway. She had a garage full of things so she started selling all that stuff, along with other items in her home.

I believe LE thought she was about to run so they made a plea with circumstantial evidence such as the phone in her house or maybe some phone calls between she and AL since they had text each other when she was in class on Thur. She turned her phone over to LE and they still have it. She gave them her pw so they could see the text she had with AL on that Thur. She cooperated.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11160996#post11160996

I do believe CL was at clinicals that night, simply because it would be a super dumb thing to lie about and expect to not get caught.

The part about calling the cops for the toilet papering incident, though......yeah, something is super weird there. Unless AL was completely strung out on meth or something, it really makes absolutely no sense.

And here is the daily mail UK article below saying the fight was right before the crime.
Kind of sounds like the TP night too though? With the police coming out. Unless police came weds night and Friday night? Confused. Then he supposedly asked the neighbor for the drill Friday night, IMO that was the start of the cover up of the murder/ or accident. Could be a manhole or some other area he needed to drill into to stash the body away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-really-creepy-I-felt-like-watching-time.html

Carter&#8217;s murder came after Lewis had been arguing with his 38 year old wife CL at their home in Jacksonville, Arkansas.
The argument got so heated police were called, according to two neighbour interviewed by MailOnline.
'All I could hear was doors slamming and lots of screaming and shouting,' said one neighbour who asked not to be named. 'It was awful. Someone else called the police because it was going on for so long.'
It did not surprise me when I heard he was a suspect in the realtor's disappearance. I would not put anything past him*
The neighbour said Lewis and his wife and lived in the house for almost a year &#8211; and described their relationship as 'very volatile.'
'They were always arguing and seem to be at each other&#8217;s throats.'

I do believe CL was at clinicals that night, simply because it would be a super dumb thing to lie about and expect to not get caught.

The part about calling the cops for the toilet papering incident, though......yeah, something is super weird there. Unless AL was completely strung out on meth or something, it really makes absolutely no sense.

It seems his behavior was escalating leading up to this. I will not be surprised if they diagnose him as being in a manic episode during that time period- losing weight, risky behavior, increased agitation, threats to other people, jumping out of windows, stealing a truck, approaching several women on plenty of fish in the matter of a few hours... there is just a lot. Although I have worked in mental health for a long time, I am by no means a Psychiatrist, nor am I diagnosing him. I am just saying I won't be surprised. His behavior was bizarre and the freaking out and calling the cops is just another moment of bizarre behavior.

I would like to know where he was between the hospital break and the window leap. Sleeping in the dump truck, maybe? Otherwise, who was hiding him??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53