AR - Dexter Williams, 24, found dead in hot tub with TV weatherman, 5 Sept 2011

Welcome to WS! Hope you stick around.

But I do have this question: if you were going to concoct a phony story, why would you place yourself in a bathtub sleeping with the dead man?

Am I missing your point?

RBBM: I was thinking about this point earlier. If this is indeed a phony story, then Nova, you have a point. Why would you place yourself in a bathtub sleeping with a dead man? Maybe, if this is a phony scene, they figured if they threw this in, the more incredible the more believable? I hope I am articulating what I mean.....

It bears repeating...
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!
Once I get past the WOW factor, maybe I can concentrate!

Welcome HastingsChi!

RBBM: I was thinking about this point earlier. If this is indeed a phony story, then Nova, you have a point. Why would you place yourself in a bathtub sleeping with a dead man? Maybe, if this is a phony scene, they figured if they threw this in, the more incredible the more believable? I hope I am articulating what I mean.....

Is it possible that the guy who found them passed out in the bathtub took a pic and sent it to a friend or posted it online before realizing that the one fellow was dead? Maybe he initially found their ...circumstances...
to be amusing.

Is it possible that the guy who found them passed out in the bathtub took a pic and sent it to a friend or posted it online before realizing that the one fellow was dead? Maybe he initially found their ...circumstances...
to be amusing.

I didn't even think about that. I keep forgetting that we are in the age of "social media," so that very well could be the case.

I guess ,if my DNA was going to be found all over the victim I might as well say he died in my tub with me.

If the two of these guys ,drugged this one guy and he wasnt a willing party to their party I could see them conspiring to claim accidental death from rough sex play.

The sleeping part maybe a needed part in the story due to the drugs that might be found that might not be meth. In addition to they would expect to be found with the drug in their systems. Could maybe be what the leaving the house was about.. A refill so they wouldnt be without the drug in their system that the guy in the tub had in his.

I feel like I could be jumping the gun.

I'm concerned...for some odd reason this story has my interest :)

The prior domestic assaults make me nervous .

Someone that likes to hit combined with drugs and now someone dead . Not good .
I'm sure there will be alot hitting the fan in the next few days .

Welcome to WS! Hope you stick around.

But I do have this question: if you were going to concoct a phony story, why would you place yourself in a bathtub sleeping with the dead man?

Am I missing your point?

In my opinion, the idea of having Cummins wake up next to Williams in the tub would explain the reason for Cummins vomiting and being so freaked out that he fled the scene.

I would also mention again that I highly doubt that Barbour was not involved in the entirety of the events given that he had told cops he had snorted drugs at 8pm but was sound asleep from 10pm-8am. This to me was the red flag in my suspicions of the overall story.

There goes HIS career. When are people gonna realize drugs and alcohol (nevermind then going in a hot jacuzzi afterwards) don't mix!

Not to mention, alternate lifestyles (dog collars) and TV weathermen.

This story just went mainstream as it is now on these major sites: Drudge Report, NY Daily News, Daily Mail, Gawker and FOX News. No new details in any of these stories. What is really bothersome is that there have been no updates from any Arkansas media outlet.

I'm still really interested in obtaining the details of Christopher Barbour's December 23, 2010 arrest for domestic battery as mentioned here. Might anyone be able to track down the police report?

Thanks!

Not to mention, alternate lifestyles (dog collars) and TV weathermen.

I can't believe that someone in the "public eye" could be so reckless. When we lived closer to Little Rock we used to watch Brett Cummins. Now, that has the "ick factor" when I think about it...

ETA: The "ick factor" is referring to the dog collar, not his sexual preference.

I can't believe that someone in the "public eye" could be so reckless. When we lived closer to Little Rock we used to watch Brett Cummins. Now, that has the "ick factor" when I think about it...

ETA: The "ick factor" is referring to the dog collar, not his sexual preference.

You and me both! I watched him whenever I was in Little Rock visiting my son!!

Brett Cummins is gay? :tears:
IMO, if they were concocting a phony story, it would not involve a bathtub, a dog collar, Barbour's house, Barbour, or Cummins. It would involve a body found in a river, or something like that.
It makes perfect sense to me to leap up and run away if awakened next to a dead body.
I'm curious about why they'd be in a dry bathtub with dried blood in it? Would a bathtub floor really be all that dry with two people in it if it had contained water the night before? My bathtub still has bubbles in it from my bubblebath last night.

You and me both! I watched him whenever I was in Little Rock visiting my son!!

I just told my neighbor who loves Brett Cummins. She can't believe it. She asked me if I was sure it was Brett Cummins. I told her it was. She says she feels like she needs a bleach bath....She is going to come over and look at the story on the Internet since local LR media doesn't seem to be covering it much. I told her FOX has picked up the story.

SF, I had no clue that he was gay either, not that it matters.

I can't even begin to imagine BC's embarrassment. I'd crawl under a rock and just stay there until I was cleared by LE, then, I'd probably resign my position, and look for a job where I wasn't as visible. Oh, lordy...Way to keep it classy Arkansas.....

My daughter says there is an article in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette about it. I don't have an online subscription so I can't look.

My daughter also had about a million questions. Like is he married? I told her if he was, he probably won't be for long. She asked me what kind of drugs they were doing, I told her it hasn't been revealed. She then told me he just committed career suicide. That's a polite way of putting it.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

Back in grad school days I used to party with the local TV news folk. There but for the grace of God....

Things like this are a little hard to explain, period. You can't just say, "I hate it when that happens."

Can you say OOPS? Dude is outta work and outta luck...where can he go? His face and private *ahem* business is plastered everywhere. To those who may not have known he was gay...your gaydar broke. I don't care what he does in his private life...I mean dog collars and rough play between consenting adults and all...but drugs are illegal and he should have known better...risky. Back in the 80's you could have found any number of local media types at homes all over Buckhead engaging in "risky" business. Times have changed.

This is a fascinating story!

I don't know if any of you are from Atlanta, but this kind of reminds me of a weatherman we had in the 80's named Russ Minshew. He ended up losing his career after soliciting a 14 year old boy while on vacation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back