Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can totally see why you wonder if she was pregnant. But I think it’s just the cut and fabric of the jacket she’s wearing, combined with her slightly leaning back and her hand pushing the jacket forward that makes it “stick out” a bit, making it look like she’s pregnant. I’m not saying for sure that she wasn’t pregnant, it’s just my interpretation of the picture.

So, if she DID give birth to a child, she very likely gave THAT child up for adoption? Tracing that lineage down, would be near impossible unless THAT child submitted DNA and THAT child may very well have African American heritage. If she did, I'm certain she put some kind of alias on the birth certificate, complicating that search even further. I can't even remember all of her aliases.

P.S. Am I remembering correctly that EDJD was known to have a child or children or am I confusing that with another case?

I can't imagine that someone out there hasn't come across this, perhaps someone here. Still yet I don't see it posted, so I will. I'll post it.
I was reading in another place about one of the Wood sons and a wife. According to this information he married this woman twice, the final time being in 1960 and the reason for divorce was cruelty and abandonment. I don't know on whose part and I haven't been able to verify any of it other than he was indeed married to her but it still sparked my interest enough to take a look.
EDJD was most likely born sometime in the 60's so the timeline is there and possibly the circumstances too, if this woman left him while carrying his child and raised it on her own or passed the child off to a family member.
With this in mind I started looking and what I found was this woman had first cousins by the name of Carr. These cousins were brothers and Ancestry has one in California and the other in Texas but a True People search has one having lived in Arkansas. In fact most of their family seems to have centered around Arkansas, California, Texas, and Washington.
This is just my opinion and some speculation but I think it's a good scenario and the people investigating this matter may be on to it. Like I said, I can't imagine how they couldn't be.
I hope they have or are making an attempt to get this woman's DNA. I think this could be the ticket. JMO.

I can't imagine that someone out there hasn't come across this, perhaps someone here. Still yet I don't see it posted, so I will. I'll post it.
I was reading in another place about one of the Wood sons and a wife. According to this information he married this woman twice, the final time being in 1960 and the reason for divorce was cruelty and abandonment. I don't know on whose part and I haven't been able to verify any of it other than he was indeed married to her but it still sparked my interest enough to take a look.
EDJD was most likely born sometime in the 60's so the timeline is there and possibly the circumstances too, if this woman left him while carrying his child and raised it on her own or passed the child off to a family member.
With this in mind I started looking and what I found was this woman had first cousins by the name of Carr. These cousins were brothers and Ancestry has one in California and the other in Texas but a True People search has one having lived in Arkansas. In fact most of their family seems to have centered around Arkansas, California, Texas, and Washington.
This is just my opinion and some speculation but I think it's a good scenario and the people investigating this matter may be on to it. Like I said, I can't imagine how they couldn't be.
I hope they have or are making an attempt to get this woman's DNA. I think this could be the ticket. JMO.

Who are the Wood sons?

I thought the genealogy was pointing to a carter family so I guess I'm just lost on the Wood name.

Although probably too young.. born 1972, PATRICIA ANN WOOD vanished from the care of her father and stepmother in 1976 aged 4yrs. Only 1 baby pic available I'm afraid.
I do apologise, I did try to share but can't seem to get beyond Error! Sorry X

Also, I should of included.. Maternal mother was told by childs father that she had died in a car accident and her disappearance was only noted in the 80s X

Although probably too young.. born 1972, PATRICIA ANN WOOD vanished from the care of her father and stepmother in 1976 aged 4yrs. Only 1 baby pic available I'm afraid.
I do apologise, I did try to share but can't seem to get beyond Error! Sorry X
only thing that wouldn't fit well is the one pinpointed for her father by her Cousin Tina Wood didn't commit suicide , and it says in Charley Patricia's bio dad killed himself .

I think even if this is not a full identification, it's a big help to know who her father was, what was his occupation, did he travel, where, how old was he and might her mother have been his hs sweetheart, etc. That will help narrow down area of mother and where this girl likely grew up.

It must be so confusing and painful for her half-siblings who knew nothing of their father's behaviour and infidelity or of a half-sibling they might have been able to help.

We know that EDJD has ties to Virginia, Texas, Arkansas, and Alabama. So how did she end up with the ID of a woman from Minnesota? That is where the real Cheryl Wick is from and according to her, where her ID was stolen from. That is a long distance from EDJD’s migration patterns through the American south.

I am leaning towards her being born in Virginia, given her ancestral connections and those Virginia restaurant menus she had in her possession. There was obviously a sentimental reason to keep those menus.

We know that EDJD has ties to Virginia, Texas, Arkansas, and Alabama. So how did she end up with the ID of a woman from Minnesota? That is where the real Cheryl Wick is from and according to her, where her ID was stolen from. That is a long distance from EDJD’s migration patterns through the American south.

I am leaning towards her being born in Virginia, given her ancestral connections and those Virginia restaurant menus she had in her possession. There was obviously a sentimental reason to keep those menus.
I agree. I think Virginia was her birthplace. I found a possible connection to the menus and the Carter/Wood family that I submitted to LE last summer. They thanked me, but that was all the response I got.

I agree. I think Virginia was her birthplace. I found a possible connection to the menus and the Carter/Wood family that I submitted to LE last summer. They thanked me, but that was all the response I got.

Let's hope they're working with your tip. I'm going to keep looking through some yearbooks from the areas her relatives were from and see what I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288