Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Charlotte June kinsley?
Charlotte June Kinsey – The Charley Project

Charlotte and her friend went missing 9/26/81 in Oklahoma City Oklahoma at the Oklahoma state fairgrounds when a man approached her and her friend about doing some work for a carnival and after receiving the ok from her mother the girls drove off with this man and were never seen again. Charlottes friend is believed to have been murdered due to forensic evidence belonging to her In the vehicle belonging to this man but there was no evidence of charlottes death, only assumption...

Charlotte was 13 when she went missing so that would have made her around 23 if she is our Jane Doe.

Attachments

• F42E7684-92E9-4610-9968-53FDC5F1E675.jpeg
    F42E7684-92E9-4610-9968-53FDC5F1E675.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 103
DNA Just Led To A Major Break In A Murder Case That's Stumped Police For 27 Years | HuffPost

Looks like they have been able to make some movement towards getting her identified. I would say I can't believe the man that killed her is asking for a ransom to identify her but yeah I can there is no end to the messed up things some people will do. Instead of trying to do at least one decent thing and give her back her name and give her family back their loved one he's just going to stay evil right until the end. I hope that these new leads can uncover her name and her family so that she can finally be at peace.

DNA Just Led To A Major Break In A Murder Case That's Stumped Police For 27 Years | HuffPost

Looks like they have been able to make some movement towards getting her identified. I would say I can't believe the man that killed her is asking for a ransom to identify her but yeah I can there is no end to the messed up things some people will do. Instead of trying to do at least one decent thing and give her back her name and give her family back their loved one he's just going to stay evil right until the end. I hope that these new leads can uncover her name and her family so that she can finally be at peace.

I await the day they manage to give her back her name. Seems to be stalled right now as has been discussed here for the past year and a bit since the news on the Wood/Carter family connection was first published. Perhaps an affair or marriage that produced a child no one is/was aware of or something like that. Like you, I don't expect the perp will be providing anyone with her true identity --- even if he actually knows it.

Since they found a second cousin can't they track the DNA back from there or would they have to have other members of the family volunteer their DNA for further testing? Maybe that's the issue that other family members don't want to supply their DNA for whatever reason? This seems like they are so close to figuring out who she is but why is it stalled now, so many questions.

Since they found a second cousin can't they track the DNA back from there or would they have to have other members of the family volunteer their DNA for further testing? Maybe that's the issue that other family members don't want to supply their DNA for whatever reason? This seems like they are so close to figuring out who she is but why is it stalled now, so many questions.

They know her paternal side, which is where the second cousin was found.
They know who her father was.
They do NOT know who her mother was, or where she grew up. They don't know her name.
So, BF had a sexual encounter with the mother, and that is all that is known

Hello. I came across a missing women. There is a difference of an inch or two and a difference of six days. When I first found her I had no idea the dates were that close together.
Lori Dea Julian.
I put them side by side.
Lori does look remarkably similar to EDJD! Her nostrils seem to flare more than EDJD’s, who have little to no flare, but that’s just being picky. And it could be attributed to the photo quality and angle. I don’t think it would hurt to submit her!

The researches have made it through to at least the paternal side ... with the finding being so close. I'm sure that before to long if not already their will be a break through on EDJD's maternal side. Working my own gene research, the paternal side branches was much easier than the maternal branches. And I'm still stumped on the maternal branches
b0236.gif

Working tree's is not as easy as one may believe esp when you are working with a minimal DNA database (Gedmatch). Unlike for the majority of us whom have utilize the bigger DNA sites connecting to a multitude of matches.

Hopefully in short term she will have her rightful name back!

Last edited:
Maybe you could use your check account to perhaps see if you could locate the names of any of Dorothy's siblings or family members... maybe they would have a photo somewhere and then at least maybe somewhat of a resemblance could be found? Their names/photos couldn't be posted obviously, but at least maybe it could lead to something.

Dorothy Sabin is my cousin. Her Dad Curtis Sabin Sr is deceased now. She only has one surviving brother named Mark. I've been trying to reach him to try to get a photo of Dorothy. I work out of state so I cant get to any of my family photo albums until I get back home but I'm sure I dont have a photo of her. I was only 9 or 10 years old when she became missing, but I do remember her very well. One thing that none of the profiles on Dorothy's missing posters mentions at all, is that Dorothy was mentally disabled. She functioned at about the level of a 7 year old would have. She was a very shy girl. So some of the accounts that I read just dont seem right to me. I would really like to talk to someone about this case. I find it very sad that none of the family seems to care about this. And I want to bring this case back out in the open.

Has anyone tried to search for a yearbook photo of Dorothy Sabin at classmates.com? I would search under Berryville Highschool and try class of 87 or 88. I tried to do it but I can't get logged in on the site because there is a problem with my e'mail account.
Dorothy just moved to Berryville AR that same year she went missing. They moved around a bit but did live most of the time in St. Joseph, MO and Rushville MO. But Dorothy was mentally handicapped and as far as I know she hadn't went to a traditional school for quite some time.

Dorothy Sabin is my cousin. Her Dad Curtis Sabin Sr is deceased now. She only has one surviving brother named Mark. I've been trying to reach him to try to get a photo of Dorothy. I work out of state so I cant get to any of my family photo albums until I get back home but I'm sure I dont have a photo of her. I was only 9 or 10 years old when she became missing, but I do remember her very well. One thing that none of the profiles on Dorothy's missing posters mentions at all, is that Dorothy was mentally disabled. She functioned at about the level of a 7 year old would have. She was a very shy girl. So some of the accounts that I read just dont seem right to me. I would really like to talk to someone about this case. I find it very sad that none of the family seems to care about this. And I want to bring this case back out in the open.

Dorothy just moved to Berryville AR that same year she went missing. They moved around a bit but did live most of the time in St. Joseph, MO and Rushville MO. But Dorothy was mentally handicapped and as far as I know she hadn't went to a traditional school for quite some time.

Welcome to Websleuths! Dorothy has her own thread at the following link apart from being mentioned in this thread:

AR - AR - Dorothy Sabin, 18, Berryville, 28 July 1988

Last edited:
This is Dorothy Sabin in the Ozark High School yearbook:

1976, kindergarten, in Ozark, Missouri (glasses)
1977, 1st grade, in Ozark, Missouri (light dress)
1978, 2nd grade, in Ozark, Missouri (dark dress)

Ozark High School is unique in that it is a kindergarten through 12th School, thus her photo as an elementary school student.
She does not appear in the 1979 or subsequent yearbooks.

Attachments

• DorothySabin_2ndGrade_OzarkHigh_MIssouri.png
    DorothySabin_2ndGrade_OzarkHigh_MIssouri.png
    709.7 KB · Views: 226
  • DorothySabin_1stgrade.png
    DorothySabin_1stgrade.png
    406.7 KB · Views: 232
  • DorothySabin_kindegarten.png
    DorothySabin_kindegarten.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
This is Dorothy Sabin in the Ozark High School yearbook:

1976, kindergarten, in Ozark, Missouri (glasses)
1977, 1st grade, in Ozark, Missouri (light dress)
1978, 2nd grade, in Ozark, Missouri (dark dress)

Ozark High School is unique in that it is a kindergarten through 12th School, thus her photo as an elementary school student.
She does not appear in the 1979 or subsequent yearbooks.
You should definitely submit these to NAMUS and Doe Network. I know 2nd grade is long away from her age when she went missing at 18, but at least it gives a visual reference to start from.

I can't imagine that someone out there hasn't come across this, perhaps someone here. Still yet I don't see it posted, so I will. I'll post it.
I was reading in another place about one of the Wood sons and a wife. According to this information he married this woman twice, the final time being in 1960 and the reason for divorce was cruelty and abandonment. I don't know on whose part and I haven't been able to verify any of it other than he was indeed married to her but it still sparked my interest enough to take a look.
EDJD was most likely born sometime in the 60's so the timeline is there and possibly the circumstances too, if this woman left him while carrying his child and raised it on her own or passed the child off to a family member.
With this in mind I started looking and what I found was this woman had first cousins by the name of Carr. These cousins were brothers and Ancestry has one in California and the other in Texas but a True People search has one having lived in Arkansas. In fact most of their family seems to have centered around Arkansas, California, Texas, and Washington.
This is just my opinion and some speculation but I think it's a good scenario and the people investigating this matter may be on to it. Like I said, I can't imagine how they couldn't be.
I hope they have or are making an attempt to get this woman's DNA. I think this could be the ticket. JMO.
You're right about that, JMO. This could be it.

As you pointed out, Father Candidate Ashton Bowers Wood (1993-1998) twice married and divorced Estella May Blevins (1925-1975) whose paternal aunt Clyde Lula Blevins (1908-1970) married Grover Leslie Carr who died in Houston, Texas, in 1975, a year after the last Wood/Blevins divorce.

Ashton Bowers Wood and Estella May Blevins divorced for the second and last time in January of 1976 (not 74 as I suggested last post). Ashton signed as the petitioner on the grounds of desertion and abandonment and only one child under 18 is listed as being affected. That would probably be son Daniel born in 1960. So everything here depends on how long the abandonment was, whether she was pregnant, and on how young ED was (18 born circa 73 perhaps?).

The one I found was the nephew of Ashton Bowers Wood, Dennis Leroy Layman (1939-2004), the son of his oldest sister, Maria Wood/Layman. Dennis' second marriage was to Cheryl Lynn McMurray Weatherholtz (1952- ). They married in 1975 and had a daughter in 1975 but then they must have separated because she's found residing in Lake City, Florida, Georgia, and Nevada. In this case, ED would still have to be very young again (around 17). Dennis' two boys, presumably from his first wife, Virginia Smith Faircloth (1943-2009), whom he married in 1959 and separated from before 1975) ended up in Texas. One's year book picture looks very similar to ED in the living photo without makeup. Otherwise, I still go with T-Rex's theory as the best possibility.

PS. Ashton Bowers Wood's first wife, Edna, was a first cousin, so the DNA could be skewed as someone mentioned before.

The one I found was the nephew of Ashton Bowers Wood, Dennis Leroy Layman (1939-2004), the son of his oldest sister, Maria Wood/Layman. Dennis' second marriage was to Cheryl Lynn McMurray Weatherholtz (1952- ). They married in 1975 and had a daughter in 1975 but then they must have separated because she's found residing in Lake City, Florida, Georgia, and Nevada. In this case, ED would still have to be very young again (around 17). Dennis' two boys, presumably from his first wife, Virginia Smith Faircloth (1943-2009), whom he married in 1959 and separated from before 1975) ended up in Texas. One's year book picture looks very similar to ED in the living photo without makeup. Otherwise, I still go with T-Rex's theory as the best possibility.

PS. Ashton Bowers Wood's first wife, Edna, was a first cousin, so the DNA could be skewed as someone mentioned before.

This scenario or one similar to it I guess is not a bad one. By now I'm thinking that they should know who the father is and it shouldn't take long to narrow it down, that is under this scenario. If it's one of the others, a one night stand or secret affair, it's probably gonna take a DNA hit on the mothers side to figure this out.

According to the Huffington Post article (which I think is all we have to go by) the woman that EDJD was matched to would be her 2nd cousin and the closest common ancestors are MC and DW who are this woman's great grandparents. That would mean DL is also this matchs 2nd cousin. I have heard others suggest that he could be a potential father to EDJD but I fail to see how. Maybe Im overlooking something simple but the only way I can see for this to work is for the father to be a son of MC and DW. Unless of course as you mentioned the DNA is skewed. If I'm wrong I hope someone can show me how because I really want to be considering all the options when I think about this case.

Last edited:
According to the Huffington Post article (which I think is all we have to go by) the woman that EDJD was matched to would be her 2nd cousin and the closest common ancestors are MC and DW who are this woman's great grandparents. That would mean DL is also this matchs 2nd cousin.
Technically speaking, EDJD would be, I believe, 1st cousin once removed from the cousin match, because they're on different levels, which is a closer connection than 2nd, but DNA results don't include "once removed" just "close" or "1st or 2nd".

Either way, I believe in the accuracy of the DNA interpretation and so you are right. Dennis Layman is a 2nd cousin of the match as he's on the same level, and you shouldn't have to look for ED among the 2nd cousins' children, (i.e. 2nd cousins once removed), if ED is a 1st cousin once removed. That's a full downward step difference from the result. And didn't she first come in as a sister and then was downgraded to 1st/2nd? They're obviously closely related.

So working on the possibility that she was known to someone in the family but they were be silent because of embarrassment related to abandonment and divorce, the Estella May Blevins theory looks interesting, especially because of the numerous Carr relatives. I noticed that when she remarried in 1987, she said on her marriage certificate that her divorce to Ashton B Wood was in August 15, 1975 when it was actually official in January 28, 1976. She must have legally abandoned him for at least a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500