Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 #4 - Kelly from VA

I hate to say it but they gave just enough to figure it out and it's left me feeling icky all the way around and I feel even worse , although I still think her mother was the one that called the police station a few days after she died , I think she knew .
Where did you find the info about someone calling the police station? This is the first I’ve heard of this detail!

Everything he said has to be taken with skepticism. He's lied about other things. Remember he and Mercedes (Kelly) were possibly suspected in the murder of the truck driver as well so he has had reason to lie, cover up, or obfuscate to benefit himself, as many convicted murderers do.

Speaking of which, it does make me wonder whether now that her identity is known the case of that truck driver who was murdered will be reopened or at least have the steps/connections retraced in some way. As it is an additional unsolved crime possibly linked to the mystery of Kelly's identity I wonder if there is communication between the police departments about it since this announcement didn't seen to come from police at all. Does anybody know?
I’m from Oklahoma & I don’t remember exactly what truck stop murder he claimed she was involved in but one was recently solved and no connection

Have we been given a reason why her last name was withheld?

Someone’s name is public information and I can’t see why this would be withheld.

Have we been given a reason why her last name was withheld?

Someone’s name is public information and I can’t see why this would be withheld.
Her living family members do not wish to be identified and have asked for privacy. That was the same case with Lyle Stevik but unfortunately...everyone knows what happened after that.

Her living family members do not wish to be identified and have asked for privacy. That was the same case with Lyle Stevik but unfortunately...everyone knows what happened after that.
I know my opinion might not be popular, but I don’t think family’s should have the option to ask for the name to not be released. The public spent years caring and searching…

I know my opinion might not be popular, but I don’t think family’s should have the option to ask for the name to not be released. The public spent years caring and searching…
Think of it this way: what would you do if your loved one was the victim of homicide, missing for over 30 years, your overall family dynamics are complicated, and all of a sudden you have a ton of people wanting to know your family name, even though it might be better to keep it private so you don't have reporters banging on your door?

I don't think "Kelly Lee Carr" was an alias for her. I think she was saying her real name and people misheard and assumed it was Carr because it can sound similar and is much more common.
And pretty pointless but I've been wondering if we'd have never heard of her if she'd written the name down instead of saying it :confused:

I don't think "Kelly Lee Carr" was an alias for her. I think she was saying her real name and people misheard and assumed it was Carr because it can sound similar and is much more common.
And pretty pointless but I've been wondering if we'd have never heard of her if she'd written the name down instead of saying it :confused:
Agree. Like Kelly Le Clair or something. Anyway, glad family knows where she is. RIP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back