Identified! AR - Hamburg, WhtMale UP2935, 20-40, red beard, hit by semi, May'89 - Charles Cornell

Has there been any word on Mr. Andrews? Also, I am still trying to find a better picture of Mr. Clarke.

Has there been any word on Mr. Andrews? Also, I am still trying to find a better picture of Mr. Clarke.

I have a sinking feeling (i hope its just from not enough sleep) that this is going to be one of those cases where it's going to be a very long road with a lot of potholes (at least on the Mr. Andrews side). No Fingerprints- No Dentals- and even if they find family for DNA, they'll have to exhume the Unidentified Man. I sure do hope I'm wrong.

I have also searched high and low for a better or even just bigger pic of Mr. Clarke- I still think it could also be him- have you submitted him as a match yet? I think you should. I did find a document from North Carolina that deeded property to a Mark Skinner Clarke in 1996, I don't know how many Mark Skinner Clarkes there are in N. Carolina, but I thought it was interesting anyhow.

But on a side note- I think he needs a better name than Unidentified Man. How about Red?:twocents::twocents:

I bet he did go by a nickname, coulda been Red. One blue bandana, one red bandana.He must've been a drifter, someone I would've known 20yrs ago.
I contacted a club with lots of veteren bikers cuz he looked like he'd fit the lifestyle,...they run across lots of pple in their travels. They know pple in SE Ar. His red hair makes me wonder if he was Dutch? with a "van" prefix on the last name maybe?
I still want to know which direction he was walking: East or West?

I went to the local library yesterday to see if they had copies of the paper from that week. They don't have them from that far back. They only had about 7 yrs of them.

I tried to find a larger picture of Mr. Clarke for better comparison, but couldn't.

I've decided that I must be a bad influence on my 15 yr old daughter. I had her with me the other night comparing the pictures. She was helping me trace the jawline and compare ears, etc. Do other mothers and daughters spend the evening looking at morgue photos?

I just had my daughter looking of morgue photos too..then 10 minutes later .I am reading you post. I have 3 girls who I ask for advise and opinions . They are 12 -18.

I Think Mr Clark should be checked out even if it isnt him at least both of their DNA would be entered.

Look at this possible!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/devore_norman.html
Norman Devore went missing on 3-29-1981 from Modesto, CA, he was 27 years old at the time, he was reportedly 6' and 145 to 170 lbs. Not alot of details on his disappearance. But the resemblance is eerie!!
Since Devores photo is black and white, I made John Does the same. Here's the side by side:

Attachments

• Ar John Doe  280 89 and Devore.jpg
    Ar John Doe 280 89 and Devore.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 197
Look at this possible!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/devore_norman.html
Norman Devore went missing on 3-29-1981 from Modesto, CA, he was 27 years old at the time, he was reportedly 6' and 145 to 170 lbs. Not alot of details on his disappearance. But the resemblance is eerie!!
Since Devores photo is black and white, I made John Does the same. Here's the side by side:

The colouring and the width/length of the faces seem a bit off to me.

Investigator Reopening Case of Unidentified 1989 Traffic Victim

Unidentified 1989 Traffic Victim
Ashley County Sheriff's Chief Investigator Guy Hughes is taking a second look at determining the identity of a male pedestrian killed in an accident on Highway 52 around 8:40 p.m. on May 24, 1989. The accident happened 1.4 miles west of the intersection of Highway 52 with what is now U. S. Highway 425.

I can't seem to get the link to work. This was published today in the Ledger (ashleycountyledger.com).

Fastpitch Mom, did you ever submit your potential match? If you haven't you should, IMO.

Fastpitch Mom, did you ever submit your potential match? If you haven't you should, IMO.

I did send an email to the contact person on both 'Red' and on Clarke. I never got a response.

It really surprised me to see this in the local paper. I was chatting with another ws member and they told me that they had posted an inquiry to Topix. I am assuming LE saw that post and that is what prompted them to look into it again.

I took some pictures of the approximate location. It's as close as I could get according to my calculation. I am going to upload them as soon as I figure out Photobucket.

The area has a lot of new growth. I do not know when it was clear cut. It was probably a fully wooded area at the time.

These are not the best quality pics. Just snapped them with my cell phone one day when I was in the area.

1. Hwy 52 looking East toward Hwy 425
2. Graveyard on south side of Hwy 52
3. Hamburg city limit sign
4. Hwy 52 looking West...I think the gravel rd at top right would be about where accident occurred.

Attachments

• east.jpg
    east.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 59
  • graveyard.jpg
    graveyard.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 55
  • hamburg.jpg
    hamburg.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 56
  • west.jpg
    west.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 66
I cannot see UID on namus?

Has anything happened or is it just me:blushing::blushing:

It is still there. They have added the following information:

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First Name Last Name Year Of Birth State LKA
Mark Clarke 1954 North Carolina

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike