GUILTY AR - Jeremy Travis, 27, stabbed to death, Fort Smith, 11 Sept 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to me why he does not fall under the 'three strikes" program? It is so confusing to me.

i agree. it is confusing to me too. some of it was when he was a minor, but according to what you posted, mareca0301, he has had three felonies since he has been 21. it seems like he would qualify for the three strikes.

One would think! And now we know, he did fire his attorney , wants to plea as diminished capacity. But, the judge did not go for an eval unless he pleads insanity. He is crazy smart. Which will bite him in the end.

Thinking of you today Jeremy as I get ready to apply for pto to be there for the trial!

bumping for Jeremy. the trial will start soon and Jeremy will get the justice he deserves.

It's official, Trial begins June 20th, @ 9 a.m. Jeremy , your family will all be there to represent you and to make sure there is justice. God bless the witnesses, and give them the strength to face the enemy.

The count down begins for the Walter Lee Walton murder trial related to the murder of Jeremy Lee Travis . 6 days to go.

mareca0301 and jeremysmom are probably still at court. we left as soon as my daughter testified. my heart breaks for Jeremy's family today. Hope and prayers that justice is served for Jeremy and may he rest in peace. he did not deserve this.

i just talked to mareca0301 and she said they have one more witness for the defense in the morning and then it will go to the jury. she said wlw is asking for manslaughter. please pray for Jeremy's family and that justice will be served.

Thank you for sharing your son with us on Websleuths, After learning about Jeremy tonight, I will keep Jeremysmom and loved ones in my thoughts and prayers. My heart aches for him and his children, and hope that Justice will be served.

i will come back with a link when there is one. Walter Lee Walton was found guilty of first degree murder in the death of Jeremy Travis.

we were a little bit afraid they were going to give him 2nd degree which would be a victory for him. the deliberations took a little longer than i expected and then the jury ask to hear a voice mail wlw left the day after the murder where he was crying one second and scary sounding the next. it was chilling when they played it in court. that may have been what decided it. i was afraid the jury would think he was going to prison for a long time either way and give him 2nd degree, but i think he made it pretty clear to them that it would be victory for him if they did that.
Jeremy's family is beautiful and strong and loving. He was lucky to have so much love and support. God bless you guys :)

I'm glad to hear there will be justice for Jeremy.

Blessings to all of you,

Salem

It has taken me this long to absorb all of this and to be able to post. I have never experienced such an intense roller coaster of changing emotions throughout the trial and these past months. Anger, sorrow, disbelief, hatred, love, and finally relief and joy. It was a real eye opener seeing all of the intracacies and interactions between the lawyers, the jury, etc..
I was shocked that the trial only took 3 days. WLW did better than most in being his own lawyer. But, the very witnesses he grilled thinking they had his 'back' or were afraid of him, proved to be the stongest influence for Jeremy's justice.
We, his family and friends and supporters were counseled NOT to have any reaction to anything occuring in that court room. We heard brutal accounts of the murder. WLW tried to paint Jeremy as the bad guy.We cringed as we know he was not perfect but there was that man saying those things about Jeremy when the Jury did not know WLW had murdered AND stabbed before.. Then, he threw his brother, Dustin, under the bus. We heard over and over how Jeremy was running away from his 'friends' trying to get help as he was hit with a pipe, had a smashed forehead, broken arm, stab wounds, and bruising caused by steel toed boots. Letters WLW sent to his accomplices, mad because they talked when they were supposed to 'lawyer up". Threatening phone calls to the one woman he said he loved enough that he killed someone else in a 'crime of passion' and that Jeremy had been served.. Written and Taped video and/or audio interviews of Deanna, Wendy, Dustin and WLW. The autopsy report, the photographs of Jeremy beaten, bloody, lifeless... My sister got in trouble for squelching a sob. We were watched carefully to ensure we remained stoic. BUT, when the judge announced the verdict --1st degree murder--life in prison, you could hear all of us gasp. Then, the judge allowed Jeremy's dad to read a letter that would have been read if the jury came back with 2nd degree murder. In the letter was the fact that allowed the jury to know WLW had killed before. You could see the shock in a few of the jurist's faces. In the end, the most compelling facts are: the sweet girlfriend's testimony on the stand, her intelligence for keeping voice mails from WLW, and Dustin's pitiful testimony are what got justice for Jeremy. WLW was 'three strikes out' and life without parole was his sentence. GOD IS GOOD!
There IS a silver lining to all of this: Walter Lee Walton will never see freedom again, which is very appropriate to know this 4th of July weekend. We met Nanny to 5, and her wonderful brave daughter, her significant others and we will love them and count them as family forever. We have a sense of justice and closure and are slowly picking up the shattered pieces of our family and putting them back together again.

mareca0301 you wrote a perfect picture of what went on. it went exactly as it was supposed to go and it did feel like justice. of course, it didn't bring Jeremy back, but he can rest in peace knowing how much he is loved. and he is loved a lot.

Hi there Jeremy, I hope you were at the gates waiting on your pappaw on july 24th..

The family is thinking of Jeremy today and always and is still mourning his loss. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of his murder and we are still grieving for him daily. The murderer will spend the rest of his life in prison, and although this brings a measure of peace, we are still deeply saddened by his loss. His two little boys lost their father, my sister lost her firstborn and will grieve this terrible loss everyday for the rest of her life. His siblings lost their big brother. They continue to suffer too. The murder is still very fresh in our minds and this has been a rough week for us. The trial was gruelng for us as we had to listen to the forensics and the medical examiner and the detectives. Even worse, we had to watch the man who killed him try to minimize his actions for three days. Almost as painful was listening to the other three involved take no responsibility for their actions. Those three took a plea and from what we understand received no jail time, only probation. We will have to live with that. Jeremy's sister died in a car crash the same week 4 years ago, so this week in particular will be very hard on Jeremy's parents and siblings. We lost our beloved father, Jeremy's Pappaw, recently and he loved Jeremy. Hopefully Jeremy was there to greet him when he entered heaven. That would be something. We will keep Jeremy's children, parents, and siblings in our prayers and check on them more this week to see how they are doing. I will pray that their grief lessens over time so that they can enjoy the good that is also happening in our family with weddings and new babies and the joy that comes with those things. God Bless you Jeremy! Thinking of you today and always. Your family loves you and you will never be forgotten.

Tomorrow is Jeremy's birthday and his family will be remembering him. We are all still heartbroken and are still grieving his death. Jeremy will never be forgotten. We love you Jeremy. Thinking of you today as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288