GUILTY AR - Jersey Bridgeman, 6, raped & murdered, Bentonville, 20 Nov 2012 #1

I beieve she and her mother have been residing with the maternal grandfather at that home.

Ewwww, tlcox. Never thought about that angle. <smh> Things could have gotten out of control, and the worst happened. That makes my skin crawl & makes my blood boil. Yep, that's definitely a possibility. It sounds as if the neighborhood was dense enuff for folks in the neighborhood to know about it. OTOH, anyone in that neighborhood could have taken her there. Was she out of the house & somebody saw her? Had someone been watching her & went in and kidnapped her? Or, or, or...

I don't know. One of the articles I read said there was no reason for parents to be alarmed. Course maybe this is what they always say. jmo

He said the public safety was not at-risk and parents do not need to take extra precautions.

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas.../17514464/-/xg2ch4/-/index.html#ixzz2CukljZMP

'He said the public safety was not at-risk and parents do not need to take extra precautions.]

Wonder when that statement was made as compared too when they questioned the trailer male and/or arrested the unregistered RSO?

Things that make me go hmmm.

:wave: hello to all our guests.

What are your thoughts?

Join Websleuths and join the conversation.

:)

and why are all three of those very important questions continuing to go unanswered?

hmm. I think LE is way ahead of us on this one and we won't really know what the heck the facts are. I also suspect LE already has their suspect and an arrest is imminent.

all MOO

I agree, cox, as many on this board probably do. I think LE is being careful and (seemingly) slow for the right reasons. They want to get this person so he/she has no way out -- as tight as possible.

They could have DNA and/or prints, a weapon(?), a witness, etc., etc. I have had that feeling; I had the same feeling in the Jessica Ridgeway case -- thinking an arrest was imminent. Let's hope we're right & they're right.

I like the way cops are playing it so close to the vest in this case. I am hoping for quick resolution on this one.

A hollow victory at best, but a victory none the less.

Nothing will extend little jersey'life or undo the things she endured in such a brief life. ;(

Either LE has this one in hand or the answers will disappear in the Bermuda Triangle-like NW Arkansas Corridor.

It happens.

bbm

I see that B-ville is a smallish town (pop ~ 35,000), wfgodot. Is this "Triangle" due to a good-ol-boy network (seen it, lived in it in a similar-size town in NC), or just not wanting B-ville to look like a "bad" place, or are they just badly understaffed or under-trained, or do you have any idea?

bbm

I see that B-ville is a smallish town (pop ~ 35,000), wfgodot. Is this "Triangle" due to a good-ol-boy network (seen it, lived in it in a similar-size town in NC), or just not wanting B-ville to look like a "bad" place, or are they just badly understaffed or under-trained, or do you have any idea?

I might be mistaken, but I think wfgodot was referring to the local media not being very good so don't expect them to follow the case, do investigative reporting, ask questions, etc.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas.../17514464/-/xg2ch4/-/index.html#ixzz2CuzbWs5I

New information from 40/29 TV:

She was reported missing Tuesday and her body was found shortly after, police said. Police said the time of death was between midnight and 6:45 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Simpson said police searched the house where DesaRae Bridgeman lived, the abandoned house where Jersey Bridgeman's body was found and the house in between the two at 702 SE A St. The utility for this address is listed under Joseph F. Blackmon, according to records.

I'm assuming that refers to the trailer.

Something I hadn't noticed in the 5NEWS reporting:

Police said Jersey was inside the abandoned house at the time of her death.

http://5newsonline.com/2012/11/20/police-investigate-childs-death/

If the 5NEWS reporting is accurate, it would be consistent with my belief that this case has a good amount of physical evidence.

Nice Lois :)

Nodding in agreement over here.

I don't know. One of the articles I read said there was no reason for parents to be alarmed. Course maybe this is what they always say. jmo

He said the public safety was not at-risk and parents do not need to take extra precautions.

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas.../17514464/-/xg2ch4/-/index.html#ixzz2CukljZMP

'He said the public safety was not at-risk and parents do not need to take extra precautions.]

bbm Thanks, mck -- I had started digging around for that quote, and you so wisely posted it. It's very like when LE says, "We think that this is an isolated incident," etc. We know what that usually means -- either it's someone close to the victim, or an arrest is imminent, or both.

Or -- is it a ploy to keep a neighborhood from going out to buy guns or to get a home alarm system installed, or to stop a vigilante group from being organized, or or is it what it says it is? (Can LE say this when they have no idea? It doesn't sound like something they would say if they haven't a clue -- it's better to say nothing...IMO.)

I wonder, if DNA was found, are they going from door-to-door asking neighbors if they've seen anything suspicious and to ask the men for a cheek swab? Or maybe they don't need to do that.... :waitasec:

bbm Thanks, mck -- I had started digging around for that quote, and you so wisely posted it. It's very like when LE says, "We think that this is an isolated incident," etc. We know what that usually means -- either it's someone close to the victim, or an arrest is imminent, or both.

Or -- is it a ploy to keep a neighborhood from going out to buy guns or to get a home alarm system installed, or to stop a vigilante group from being organized, or or is it what it says it is? (Can LE say this when they have no idea? It doesn't sound like something they would say if they haven't a clue -- it's better to say nothing...IMO.)

I wonder, if DNA was found, are they going from door-to-door asking neighbors if they've seen anything suspicious and to ask the men for a cheek swab? Or maybe they don't need to do that.... :waitasec:

I don't think they're worried about the populace going out to buy guns. They could just use the ones they already have. I've never met anyone in that area (except in Fayetteville) who doesn't own at least one firearm.

I really think if there were a child-murderer on the loose, they'd warn people. Keep in mind that this may be a smallish town, but as Wal-Mart's headquarters, it's the driving economic force of a metropolitan area of over 460,000 people from all over the world. Fayettevilleâ&#8364;&#8220;Springdaleâ&#8364;&#8220;Rogers Metropolitan Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaIt's not Mayberry anymore.

I think the perp is going to turn out to be a neighbor or someone even closer than that. (Keeping in mind that at least 2 neighbors, that we know of, are sex offenders.)

Ironically, my son and I were driving through Jersey's neighborhood last week, trying to find a back way from downtown to a butcher shop on the highway and I said, "Well, here's the bad part of town, such as it is," because the bad part of Bentonville would be a fairly ok part of most towns. Little did I know.

One thing fueling some of my suspicions is that LE had to wait to get a search warrant for the VICTIM"S house. Could be they weren't welcomed in to look for evidence because there might be evidence of some other, more minor crime, or could be an overabundance of caution on the mom and/or her boyfriend's part. I'm just thinking if a child living in my home was taken and murdered, I'd want LE in right away to look for any evidence they could possibly find. I wonder how consent to search works -- can just one resident give it, or do they all have to consent?

I don't think they're worried about the populace going out to buy guns. They could just use the ones they already have. I've never met anyone in that area (except in Fayetteville) who doesn't own at least one firearm.

I really think if there were a child-murderer on the loose, they'd warn people. Keep in mind that this may be a smallish town, but as Wal-Mart's headquarters, it's the driving economic force of a metropolitan area of over 460,000 people from all over the world. Fayetteville–Springdale–Rogers Metropolitan Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaIt's not Mayberry anymore.

I think the perp is going to turn out to be a neighbor or someone even closer than that. (Keeping in mind that at least 2 neighbors, that we know of, are sex offenders.)

Ironically, my son and I were driving through Jersey's neighborhood last week, trying to find a back way from downtown to a butcher shop on the highway and I said, "Well, here's the bad part of town, such as it is," because the bad part of Bentonville would be a fairly ok part of most towns. Little did I know.

I was thinking the same about the firearms. I also think just from the pictures I have seen this doesn't look like the best neighborhood. jmo

So sad, such a little sweety. One person's description reminds me of my youngest daughter.

What has become of us? :(

JMHO
fran

http://5newsonline.com/2012/11/21/jersey-bridgemore-had-a-lasting-impact-on-those-she-knew/

The CAC won’t go into specifics about Jersey’s case but said Jersey was full of life.

“When the door opened Jersey would just fly through the CAC,” Maybee said with a smile. ”She was more of a sound rather than a person. You’d hear her coming before you ever saw her.”

Edited to add: Never mind -- I watched it w/o sound and pics of her dad and stepmom and a different house than the one on SE A St. showed up. This must be about the abuse at the hands of her dad.

I am on a computer with no sound. There's another video at this link with the headline, "
Woman who knew Jersey Bridgeman says she witnessed abuse

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas...17521558/-/890kn9z/-/index.html#ixzz2CxaldCTQ

Could someone watch it and post what this woman says? Thanks! (--specially for taking the time on Thanksgiving.):seeya:

Edited to add: Never mind -- I watched it w/o sound and pics of her dad and stepmom and a different house than the one on SE A St. showed up. This must be about the abuse at the hands of her dad.

I am on a computer with no sound. There's another video at this link with the headline, "

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas...17521558/-/890kn9z/-/index.html#ixzz2CxaldCTQ

Could someone watch it and post what this woman says? Thanks! (--specially for taking the time on Thanksgiving.):seeya:

Oh my, what a journey! Soar lil' angel...

"She said that Jana and David chain her to the dresser because she had gotten up and eaten some pies, cereal, and bread," Rogers Police Detective Larry Taylor wrote in the court affidavit, the AP reported.

He added that the girl "stated that they put a belt around her waist so that she could not get up and get any food."

The case came to light after a woman who was staying with the couple contacted police about possible child abuse, according to court records.

Dog collar
That woman said she found the girl chained to a dresser with a silver chain and what appeared to be a dog collar.

David Bridgeman told an investigator that his daughter got into medication and other things around the house, so he and his wife decided to chain her to the dresser at night so she couldn't wander off, according to court records.

"He said that he thinks she may be sleepwalking and that they discussed buying a child gate, but since he does not have a job, they could not afford to buy one at that time," Taylor, the detective, wrote in the court affidavit.

Read more US stories from NBC News

The father said he cut a belt to make it fit around his daughter's ankle and added a lock on the chain after she pulled it off, according to court records.

At some point, his daughter complained that the collar hurt her leg, so he chained her by the waist instead, court records indicate.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ed-for-keeping-her-chained?lite&ocid=msnhp&=7

I'm also on a computer with no sound. :floorlaugh:

Microsoft Vista bug. Ugh.

Interesting comment posted on that page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back