Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

Ken Buffa @KenBuffa

Bones were not found underground they were found in the open. #arnews pic.twitter.com/G6AG3EXYNJ

If JG was familiar with the area enough to know where there was a bluff, it could be suicide. If not, accident or murder.

If JG was familiar with the area enough to know where there was a bluff, it could be suicide. If not, accident or murder.

I agree. But makes me wonder if his skull was intact, as his brother stated in the news conf, one would think it would show some trauma from the fall. But so many possibilities.. could have landed on something sharp, heart attack, been pushed, slipped again many possibilities... Hoping they are able to find out something. The way the car was found it what makes it all strange to me. And he was located in an area they said was approx a mile away from where car was found. I suppose it possibility animal could have dragged but, doubtful.

Just saw his Disappeared episode. I really don't know what to think. If he was meeting someone, why would he write down the codes and passwords to various things? Multiple scenarios sound plausible, unfortunately most of them work under the assumption that he is deceased.
I thought I heard the passwords were in the middle of a notepad that he'd been using for months, so it wasn't clear he wrote them down immediately before his disappearance.

It's sad they finally found him. But I'm glad his family can now have some closure in the sense that they know whether he is dead or alive.

I am doubtful about foul play. I guess the family might prefer to think that, over suicide, but may never know for sure. When I watched the show, I got a definite feeling of suicide but Jmo.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/2015/03/11/human-remains-found-on-petit-jean-mountain/70188676/

Human remains have been found on Petit Jean mountain - John Glasgow is the only missing person known to have been in this area at the time of his disappearance.

Arkansas Business reported at the time of his disappearance that Glasgow's wife said her husband was stressed at work, but that he never made statements about harming himself. She reportedly told police when he disappeared that a .22 rifle was missing from their home.

Huh, I don't remember seeing that detail before, though I could be mistaken.

I thought I heard the passwords were in the middle of a notepad that he'd been using for months, so it wasn't clear he wrote them down immediately before his disappearance.

The impression I got from the show was that they were left open for his wife to find. I don't know if he had written them down that same night he left. She already knew all the codes though so I don't know why they were written down. Also, she said there was more money in the safe than there should have been.

Huh, I don't remember seeing that detail before, though I could be mistaken.

Regarding the gun: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they eventually find the gun in a closet? At some point, he had moved it to another location within the house, so at first they thought it was missing, but that turned out to be false.

I don't think he took the gun. Now, I'm not saying he didn't have *another* gun, but the .22 in question...I'm almost positive that was found later at the house.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...dditional-remain/15595/RZ3R2SVAtUWzc8UD-Ml9Qw

On Monday, authorities said they have a new starting point in the search as they try to find the rest of the remains...

The Park closed off parts of the mountain as two dozen park rangers, along with several local and state agencies, search specific areas... they're concentrating on a remote area where the skull was discovered near the Red Bluff Drive area of the park...

Searchers wrapped up around 3 p.m. Monday. They plan on resuming Tuesday at 7:30 a.m.

Regarding the gun: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they eventually find the gun in a closet? At some point, he had moved it to another location within the house, so at first they thought it was missing, but that turned out to be false.

I don't think he took the gun. Now, I'm not saying he didn't have *another* gun, but the .22 in question...I'm almost positive that was found later at the house.
I started at the first of this thread and reread the day of the discovery of the remains. One of the articles in these first 4 pages, stated iirc it was a family heirloom, old gun and was located in an closet or chest shortly after they reported it missing.

Bless their hearts!!

ONLY ON 7: Hiker that found Glasgow remains speaks out http://www.katv.com/story/28493480/only-on-7-hiker-that-found-glasgow-remains-speaks-out (with video of intervies)

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 9:37 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 13, 2015 9:37 PM CDT
By Matt Mershon, Reporter

RUSSELLVILLE (KATV) - It's given the Glasgow family some closure after seven years – John Glasgow's remains were finally recovered no more than a mile from where his car was found on Petit Jean Mountain back in 2008. But his remains may never have been found had it not been for two hikers looking for an adventure.
On Thursday, Arkansas State Park employees blocked the access point to where two juniors in college found a skull which DNA testing a day later proved to be that of Little Rock businessman John Glasgow.

Had Marshall Armour, a student at Arkansas Tech University and Lance Ward, a student at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville not skipped class to go hiking on Wednesday – Glasgow would still be considered a missing person.

<modsnip>

I would hope they would receive the reward, depending if it were still active. JMHO

If there wasn't a path nearby, and if the bones were not moved by animals, accident/suicide is more likely. It is difficult enough to move a body, but trying to move it through woods with no path would be worse.

Odd that the tracking dogs didn't pick up his scent if he walked into the woods of his own volition.

Hi Grilled, I was thinking similarly. I remembered they interviewed a guy who had worked with the dogs (I think) in the Disappeared episode an he said something to the effect that if John had been on the Mountain, the dogs would have indicated. I also wonder about the lack of finger prints. The episode said that the car had none at all. I don't know enough about finger printing to be sure, but it would seem that a car JG used everyday would at least have some smudged prints. Everything else about the case says suicide to me, especially the location of the body, but the lack of scent and prints makes me wonder.....

i am glad he has been found so that ppl can have clouser but i really feel like there is more to it then him just not having been found all this time

I watched the show for the first time this morning via Amazon streaming. Of course, we know more now than when the show was made, therefore I was able to watch it with the knowledge that he was in fact on the mountain.

I just can't help but think it was suicide. Just the way they found all his work items neatly placed all together, as if to say "Here! Take your stuff. I don't need it any longer." The officer on the show said that it is not unusual to not find usable fingerprints inside a car because the surfaces are not conducive to holding on to a print. He said something about the surfaces being too rough. IIRC, they used the term "usable prints"....not that they didn't find anything at all. They just didn't find any they could use.

No matter what he found or anyone else found during the audits, I sure hate to think that the poor man may have thought that was the only way out, but as the saying goes, sometimes still waters run very deep and sometimes it's hard to really know what's down in the depths of their psyche.

Did I understand correctly that Dillard's had to restate their earnings and it was due (at least in part) to the way that CDI was doing the accounting? I really don't get the feeling that it was anything intentionally devious on his part, but maybe he made some really, really big mistake and the knowledge of that just crushed him? The show said he worked Saturday and Sunday before the disappearance, so who knows what he discovered.

I'm not sure what to make of the dogs, other than I assume that sometimes they can probably be mistaken. Maybe weather/wind patterns played a part? They described scent as pooling like a fog. I seem to remember them saying it was quite blustery on the mountain in the days following, which I take as meaning windy. Could the wind have literally blown away some of the scent? Not to mention that during the grid search, the dogs still failed to pick up his scent. I'm not sure what part of the mountain they searched, but it sounded fairly thorough. We now know he was there.....but the dogs still didn't smell him, so that tends to make me wonder about their usefulness around the car area.

I think the dogs that found his scent at the convenience store, motel and Waffle House were just flat wrong.

If it were foul play, one would think that he would have had to have been taken against his will and literally shoved off a cliff, because there is no way someone was going to be able to lug a deceased person down those trails into the woods. That is VERY rough terrain! It just doesn't seem likely that someone would have taken him all the way up to Petit Jean to dispose of him, if for no other reason than there is really only one way in and out and there are lots of tourists and hikers around. It would have been very risky.

I'm glad the family has at least a few answers, but it seems like this could be one of those situations where the answer just leaves more questions. Maybe the new searches will turn up something that will give them some answers, but sadly, they may never know for sure.

They are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. It was very obvious that they loved him and I know they must feel his loss deeply. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back