Presumed Located AR - Joseph Holliman, 16, Jonesboro, 19 Sept 2019

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP60606
Joseph Holliman

Male, Black / African American
Height 6' 0" (72 Inches)
Weight 160 lbs

Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description "bushy hair" that may contain green beads.
Eye Color Brown

Tattoo
"Deborah" on lower left arm.

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact September 19, 2019
NamUs Case Created October 3, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401
Craighead County

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 09/19/2019, juvenile missing person, Joseph Holliman went to a community event and was brought home by DYS caseworker. Sometime during the night of the 19th, the juvenile left the home without permission. As of 09/30/2019, Holliman wasn't located and caseworker told father to file a missing person report.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP60606
Joseph Holliman

Male, Black / African American
Height 6' 0" (72 Inches)
Weight 160 lbs

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 09/19/2019, juvenile missing person, Joseph Holliman went to a community event and was brought home by DYS caseworker. Sometime during the night of the 19th, the juvenile left the home without permission. As of 09/30/2019, Holliman wasn't located and caseworker told father to file a missing person report.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I just want to make sure I have my info correct:
He lived at home with his father.
He just had a DYS caseworker assigned to him.
He went missing Sept 19 but the father did not report him missing to LE until Sept 30 once the caseworker told him to do so.

If it’s so, why did they wait so long to file a missing persons report? IMO

I just want to make sure I have my info correct:
He lived at home with his father.
He just had a DYS caseworker assigned to him.
He went missing Sept 19 but the father did not report him missing to LE until Sept 30 once the caseworker told him to do so.

If it’s so, why did they wait so long to file a missing persons report? IMO

I'm not sure if he lived with his father or not. "Home" could refer to a group home situation. But either way that is a good question on why the caseworker did not file a missing report right away but had to ask the father to do that. If it was because Joseph was living in his father's home and the caseworker didn't know he was gone until Sept 30th, then we have to wonder why the father did not report it when his son left on Sept 19th. I wonder if perhaps Joseph has a history of running away for days at a time but has always come back after a couple days? Also, if he has a past juvenile arrest record* his father might not have wanted to get him in trouble by contacting DYS right away. Or his father might have been worried about losing custody if they found out Joseph ran away from his home.

*I don't know if Joseph has a record or not just speculating that he could have one and it could alter the way the case was handled in the beginning.

Regardless of the reasons for the delay in reporting him missing, it has now been close to 3 weeks. Hopefully Joseph is hiding out somewhere and can still come home.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back