AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Montel! But why the H would the judge order Josh's police record destroyed? Can they now bring charges against him???

They can't bring charges against him since the statute of limitations is only three years. But, they may be able to bring charges against his parents for not taking appropriate action when they found out what he had done (from what I heard on CNN today).

They can't bring charges against him since the statute of limitations is only three years. But, they may be able to bring charges against his parents for not taking appropriate action when they found out what he had done (from what I heard on CNN today).
I don't see how since they did discuss it with a LEO. Never going to happen that they will go after the parents, imo.

It's just that Mike Huckabee said that people are trying to discredit Josh.

People are simply reporting and reacting to what Josh did. It isn't really trying to discredit and ruin his reputation if it's true imo, it's simply broadening the picture. More honesty maybe.

Let's all hope that he was a misguided teenager who learned a hard lesson, is a good man deep down and with the help of his family will make something good out of this scandal.

BBM. Not likely. Someone who molests his sisters needs his children to be protected from him and has destroyed his reputation by his own actions, not publicity. It's shining a light on the cockroaches. The ones who are the most vocal about being righteous are usually the most hypocritical.

He was not just a kid playing doctor with his siblings. He molested them while they slept. And he continued to do it. He is not only a pedophile, he is a predator. His children are in danger.

You just know they blamed those girls some way.

What a horrible thought :mad:

Those poor girls. If nothing was really done about it they must have felt so let down.
The scary thing was, even after he was found out, he still done it again!

And his wife and mother of his children stated that she already knew, josh told her about it. Yet, she still married him and went on to have children with him?

(b/u by me)
If they cannot effectively raise 19 biological children, how can they raise 19 adopted or foster children?

If there are older children, already born, and needing a home and a family, then I have no problem with a couple opening their home to them. I prefer that than them living in an institution. There are often groups of siblings that need a home and want to stay together, for example.

What a horrible thought :mad:

Those poor girls. If nothing was really done about it they must have felt so let down.
The scary thing was, even after he was found out, he still done it again!

And his wife and mother of his children stated that she already knew, josh told her about it. Yet, she still married him and went on to have children with him?

I am worried for their children because I can't believe that someone who would knowingly choose to marry a person who molested people in their sleep (because he's changed and it's in the past and God has forgiven him etcetera) would be suspicious and vigilant and wary enough to protect her children from their father if necessary.

How do you feel Josh discredited himself? By lying about the counseling (iirc, it was Josh who initially mentioned the counseling?) or that the actions ever occurred?

I'm not at all familiar with Josh and the organization he resigned from. But his actions yesterday, were exactly what I would have expected from the average person. A yes I did it and regret it...... Our God is a forgiving God. I would hate to be judged by things I did more than a decade ago. Today is today, none of us can change our mistakes, but we CAN learn from them.

I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop with this case.......
It isn't as easy as saying we can learn from our mistakes made so many years ago when the transgression has the psychology of pedophilia attached. If we have learned one thing from being on WS, it is being aware pedos have an ongoing lifetime problem with their sexual preference/predilection for children. JD should have been removed from the victims' home permanently and certainly not allowed to be part of their television life, imo. This would have been the very least of appropriate action to take in protecting not only the girls in his family, but associated families.

By giving him a role on the show, his parents enabled him to become a "star" giving him even more power should he decide to abuse other children. I find it reprehensible he should have been able to work with children all this time without anyone except the few knowing his predisposition and of his actual acts perpetrated on innocent girls. He was old enough to know better and he wasn't "playing doctor" as SuzDuJour mentioned. This was serious and yet shoved right under the proverbial Christian rug.

You just know they blamed those girls some way.

I;m trying hard to find the proof as to what they believed regarding the victims but I;m having trouble locating it. In any event, it proves what you are saying.

He was not just a kid playing doctor with his siblings. He molested them while they slept. And he continued to do it. He is not only a pedophile, he is a predator. His children are in danger.

Well, his predation certainly explains why the girls sleep with their little sisters in the same beds. Maybe that's to protect the little ones.

I am worried for their children because I can't believe that someone who would knowingly choose to marry a person who molested people in their sleep (because he's changed and it's in the past and God has forgiven him etcetera) would be suspicious and vigilant and wary enough to protect her children from their father if necessary.
Agreed! This is woman in denial, who will stand-by-her-man over her children, much as my mother chose to believe her own brother wasn't capable of such a thing.

Just to clarify -- this link isn't about the horrid Duggar show being cancelled, but Oprah cancelling an episode of her show in which they were to be featured, after learning about the sexual assaults back in 2006.

My apologies. There were several videos on my Xfinity homepage, and I posted the wrong link for my comment. If Oprah notified authorities about the allegations of abuse back in 2006, how on earth has the show continued :waitasec:

That said, while getting a manicure/pedicure, a Fox entertainment show was on with a segment about the Duggar show possibly being canceled and that several advertisers have pulled their ads for the weekend marathons that had been scheduled previously.

ETA: TLC has canceled Duggar show. Article posted later in thread.

Go Montel! But why the H would the judge order Josh's police record destroyed? Can they now bring charges against him???

I have no idea anymore which link I saw it in but I read one of the victims asked for it to be destroyed, for fear that an unredacted version would be released and the details of what happened to her would get out

I have been reading along and learned a lot this afternoon. Until now I've never heard of Blanket Training, and this child training Pearl Style. I have watched this TV show several times, I've read gossip tidbits mainly about the older girls, and getting married and having babies, but never bothered to learn more about this bunch. Now I know how the parents keep the kids in line, and now I see why one of the kids haven't run far from home, never to look back. They would be terrified to do so, and who knows what they may have been told if they would attempt to run? I really wasn't sure the ages of the girls when all this was happening, but now that I see the age range I'm getting angrie,r when I read the Duggar parents calling this a mistake. There are a lot of mistakes one can make over the years, but I don't consider actions like this, mistakes.

So do you think it's possible that a young person can sexually molest prepubescent children but not actually turn out to be a pedophile? I suspect it can be true but I'm not an expert. And since someone did the math above and determined one of the victims had to be about 6, oh boy. That's a bad sign. But I sure hope it's true that it could be other than pedophilia.

I just find the whole environment in this case of a very sexually charged/sexually focused atmosphere combined with extreme repression when it comes to the body, masturbation and even to normal thoughts a teen boy would have about sex, along with the kids not being able to socialize or even fantasize about members of the opposite sex who are their own ages, to be a pressure cooker for a 14 year old. At that age, sex is on the mind of a boy every minute of every waking hour. And he literally had no outlet. He didn't even have the privacy of his own thoughts without feeling guilt.

These people teach that you must not even entertain romantic thoughts, or read romance novels or daydream about members of the opposite sex until God calls you to court someone specific. And they have zero privacy. There are always a herd of other kids in their rooms, etc. They have little opportunity to even masturbate. So what do they do with all their feelings, physical and otherwise?

I just hope that once he was able to actually have sex, and be married, that he became more normal.

It would be extremely rare. I can only speak to the Clients I had and every single one of them would re offend if given the opportunity and justify it. I heard the gammit he or she wanted it etc etc. At age 3!!!!! Josh's environment certainly was far from the norm. I do wonder and I do hope for the sake of his own children and others this is something he over came once he could have normal relations. So sad all the damage that has been done. It is a most unusual case.
ETA-I am greatly disturbed by the ages of victims

19 Kids and Counting Episodes Pulled From TLC Schedule Amid Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations, Apology

Corinne Heller, eonline
Seconds ago

TLC has pulled episodes of family reality show 19 Kids and Counting from its schedule amid resurfaced allegations that cast member Josh Duggar allegedly molested five underage girls when he was a teenager.

The 27-year-old on Thursday issued a public apology, saying that 12 years ago, as a "young teenager," he "acted inexcusably." He did not directly address the allegations, first reported by In Touch magazine on Thursday, along with what it said was a scan of a 2006 Arkansas police report . Charges were never filed against Josh, who recently resigned his post at the Family Research Council, a Christian lobbying group.

"Effective immediately, TLC has pulled all episodes of 19 Kids and Counting currently from the air," the cable network said in a statement to E! News on Friday. "We are deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time."...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150522/b659414/

So do you think it's possible that a young person can sexually molest prepubescent children but not actually turn out to be a pedophile? I suspect it can be true but I'm not an expert. And since someone did the math above and determined one of the victims had to be about 6, oh boy. That's a bad sign. But I sure hope it's true that it could be other than pedophilia.

I just find the whole environment in this case of a very sexually charged/sexually focused atmosphere combined with extreme repression when it comes to the body, masturbation and even to normal thoughts a teen boy would have about sex, along with the kids not being able to socialize or even fantasize about members of the opposite sex who are their own ages, to be a pressure cooker for a 14 year old. At that age, sex is on the mind of a boy every minute of every waking hour. And he literally had no outlet. He didn't even have the privacy of his own thoughts without feeling guilt.

These people teach that you must not even entertain romantic thoughts, or read romance novels or daydream about members of the opposite sex until God calls you to court someone specific. And they have zero privacy. There are always a herd of other kids in their rooms, etc. They have little opportunity to even masturbate. So what do they do with all their feelings, physical and otherwise?

I just hope that once he was able to actually have sex, and be married, that he became more normal.
Do you think the way he was raised trumps the possibility of him being sexually abused a child?

I actually feel a lot of sympathy for Josh. He was only 14. I think the weird, stilted religious family dynamics had a big impact upon his biological urges. He made very bad choices and I obviously hold him responsible. But I think back to my son at 14---he had a 'girlfriend' and they went to the movies and they held hands and had steamy make out sessions at that age. Josh had no outlets like that available to him. And he was taught those feelings/urges were wrong/bad/evil/sinful/etc....so I feel kind of sorry for him. :sigh:

So much in retrospect is making me think. Jana Duggar, the oldest, unmarried Duggar girl, at 26 has still not married and always seems so shy and sort of sad/wistful. She made a comment once about having to forgive those who may hurt you.

She also talked about praying a lot for Josh to find a spouse and being so happy when he found Anna - at age 20.

And Jill: “Dad reminded us that when we pray the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9–13) we are asking God to forgive us to the same degree we forgive others. It says, “Forgive us . . . as we forgive.” Dad asked us to think about those words and take them seriously. Even though we might not feel like forgiving someone, we must choose to forgive every person who offends us and do it even before they ask—and regardless of whether they ever do ask. We must come to the place where we say, “Lord, I choose to forgive (name of offender) for (name of offense).” It’s a choice we can’t afford not to make.”
― Jill Duggar, Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships

Then there's Jinger Duggar. She was very emotional in a speech at her sister's wedding rehearsal, saying: "I just have to say that I am so thankful for … just … I am so undeserving," she said, before beginning to cry in earnest. "I just love Jessa."
The sisters hugged, and Jinger continued, "She has always been there. For my lowest points and stuff, she has been the one encouraging me, standing beside me, regardless of what I've gone through. It's something that I'm just so grateful for. …" http://www.people.com/article/19-kids-counting-recap-jessa-duggar-ben-seewald-wedding

Forgiveness is something we do for ourselves. It allows us to let go of any resentments, anger or emotions which hinder us from growing and keeps us separated from God. IOW, my anger because someone did X,Y or Z doesn't hurt the other person, it hurts myself....

Lots more thoughts on this but not sure how to express them. If I were one of the D daughters, I'd feel violated not only by my sibling, but also my parents. I wonder if Mr and Mrs JBD will be charged with anything at this time.... and what else is going to unfold.

Forgiveness doesn't excuse the other persons behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11