GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #3

update:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/apr/15/dad-found-fit-to-stand-trial-in-son-s-d-1/?f=crime

A man accused of killing his 2-year-old son and disposing of the boy's body in another county is mentally fit to proceed to trial, a judge ruled Thursday.

Also, the girlfriend has her trial in June.

Clifton's former girlfriend, Lesley Sue Marcotte, 28, of Springdale, is awaiting a June 8 pretrial hearing and a June 14 trial. She has pleaded innocent to a felony charge of hindering apprehension or prosecution in the case.

Was just coming to post this. Thanks Libra, the wheels of justice are turning slowly but surely. Nothing will bring that smiling sweetie back to his sister, Mom and Grandmom but hopefully knowing the evilness that snuffed out this precious baby is behind bars for years will bring them a small comfort. RIP sweet one.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/apr/29/mother-whose-child-was-slain-held-in-th-1/#/
Tanya Drummond, 26, of Searcy was arrested earlier this week on a charge of second-degree terrorist threatening.

Drummond is the mother of 2-year-old Malik Drummond, who police say was beaten to death by his father, Jeffery Clifton, 43, of Searcy in November 2014. Malik and his twin sister, Aryanna, lived with their mother but had been visiting their father at the time of Malik's death.

Jernigan reportedly told police that Drummond said Wright had taken Drummond's "first child" and that "she won't do that to anyone else, I'm going to take her down."

During a Feb. 18 phone conversation with Drummond, Jernigan reportedly added that "Drummond talked about losing her first child and [said] that Mrs. Wright was her caseworker that removed the child."

Interesting story in my local paper yesterday. Would like to post whole article, since it's a little confusing, but TOS won't allow. I'm checking other areas to see if there's coverage not behind paywall.

Doesn't say why she was in family court in first place. Pray all is well with Malik's sweet little sister.

During a Feb. 18 phone conversation with Drummond, Jernigan reportedly added that "Drummond talked about losing her first child and [said] that Mrs. Wright was her caseworker that removed the child."
"Mrs. Drummond then stated, 'I hate Tiffany's guts and she won't do that to me again, even if I have to bring someone in to take care of her,'" the affidavit added.
"At this time, knowing that one of Mrs. Drummond's children is in the custody of DHS and the other child recently deceased, Mr. Jernigan [informed] Mrs. Wright of the statements" and advised Wright

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/apr/29/mother-whose-child-was-slain-held-in-th-1/#/

"to be careful when dealing with Mrs. Drummond because he is not sure if she will act on the statements made," the affidavit said. An online obituary for Malik gives the name of only one sibling, Aryanna.
Drummond is to appear in White County District Court on June 14 at 1:30 p.m., at which time she could enter a plea, Prosecuting Attorney Rebecca Reed McCoy said Thursday.

Human Services Department spokesman Amy Webb had no immediate comment. The law strictly limits information that the agency can release about child-welfare cases.
Drummond has been in custody at the White County jail since late Monday in lieu of $630 bond, said sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Heather Zomant. Online court records do not indicate whether Drummond has an attorney.

After watching the interview posted above of Malik's Mom, I feel this charge should be dismissed. Maybe there's more to it, but just from that interview, Malik's Mom probably made the statement the same as I have made and probably many others "mess with my family, you'll see what happens!" or "I'd kill someone that hurt one of my kids", meaning we would love that opportunity, but in truth, justice system is what we have to rely on.

Having lost her precious son to a violent death at the hands of his own father, and then having a social worker or someone within the system trying to remove your daughter, whether the threat of losing custody is real or not, I can see where the statement would come from. IMO, with the way the world appears today, and so many shootings and killings, any threat is probably taken seriously. It just feels this one wasn't a true threat, or a real danger. She's upset, but I don't think she would follow through on the threat.

She appeared 'slow' for lack of a better word.

I didnt read it all yet, but if someone tries to take my child, especially after one was murdered because I was forced to send him somewhere!!!, you better believe I would be threatening everyone about my child's safety! I get that. Unless it is sincere, don't kick this wounded dog while she is already down.

Does "my first child" definitely refer to Malik's twin, then? Or does she have another, older child who was removed?

According to an affidavit filed in White County District Court, Tiffany Wright, an employee with the Arkansas Department of Human Services, told police Feb. 19 that she had learned of a threat Drummond made toward her.

Joe Jernigan, a court-appointed special advocate, or CASA worker, told investigators that he was following Drummond and her mother after a court session in January when he heard them talking about Wright, according to the affidavit.

Jernigan reportedly told police that Drummond said Wright had taken Drummond's "first child" and that "she won't do that to anyone else, I'm going to take her down."

This was the first part of the article. The rest posted above. So she didn't even say it to an official. Sounds like she was talking to her MOM after a court hearing, walking down the hall, and it was overheard and reported. IMO, that's not a real threat. Hopefully the court sees it the way as well. Sad that bail is $650 and she's in jail. No money. Just found out her baby boy is indeed dead, and fighting to keep her daughter, and in jail. Sigh.

While maybe the injuries should have been a red flag and officials alerted, the constant bruises that are talked about now, etc., and maybe it's only in hindsight that they see he had some many 'explained away' bruising. I wouldn't want to believe someone was abusing my baby either. And kids do get bruises. I don't know. I doubt anything would have saved Malik or any of the other babies that are killed by their parents. I just don't know the answer. You can report abuse, but if it's investigated and explained away, then you might not be as likely to report it the next time, and the next time, figuring it's a waste of time, and then the child is dead.

I just don't know. I do know I did witness a child being smacked in the face by his dad. I chased the Dad. Lost him, he was hiding at his neighbor's house. I called the police and told them they best get there before I find him. Well, police came, the child stood beside his Dad, told the police his Dad smacked him in the face, and the child was left there with the Dad!!! I was storming mad, and insisted the child not be left there until after an investigation, but, I was told to leave, and the child walked inside infront of his Dad. The cop said the mark was gone when he got there so it wasn't abuse, even though the child told him he was smacked in the face!!!!

Frustrating. Had the child have been beaten to death that day, I would have never lived through that guilt. Honestly I was an emotional mess and wanted to kidnap the child but knew I couldn't. I lost lots of sleep worrying about the child. But in the end, I could nothing to protect him, and couldn't remain friends with his Grandma because she saw it happen and did NOTHING!!!! I couldn't be friends with anyone that could stand by and know a child was being abused and do NOTHING! Luckily this child has survived, but the abuse did continue.

I don't know how we can save the innocent children of the world. I just don't.

The article isn't clear because I don't think the journalist knows whether there is another child or not. It said the obituary only mentioned one surviving child. But I get the feeling there was an older child that was removed before the twins were born. That child may have ended up in state custody, rights removed, something, and thus the reference to her first child. Then Malik murdered, and his sister must be 'in the system' or being monitored now because the article mentions it. Sad case all around.

Does "my first child" definitely refer to Malik's twin, then? Or does she have another, older child who was removed?

Early on, when search for little Malik first started, some back ground on her showed up of her trying to get back custody of a child from state. Think that was part of source of trying to throw suspicions on her for him going missing. Sad situation all around.

July 9, 2012 ·

if u r a parent, love ur kids wit an unconditional heart, be patient with them, n teach them wrong from right. cause every day is not promised dat u will finish with them. tell them u love them every chance u can whether u da mom or dad. never b 2 proud 2 love ur child or children. dont count ur blessings, accept ur blessings. cause it wil take us our whole life 2 count every blessing dat god has priviledged us wit.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.clifton1

Umm yeah, about this post Mr. Clifton....why don't you walk the walk instead of talking the talk????

Poor baby. All of the poor babies.

Are there any threads for trials? I've looked and haven't been able to find any.

Are there any threads for trials? I've looked and haven't been able to find any.

Yes, there are threads for "trials" and "currently awaiting trial" as far as I know. I'm on Tapatalk so I'm unable to share these forums. I am able to access them using the search criteria (listed above in quotes).

The query should take you to the main page for each one. I'm not certain these lists are all inclusive though :moo:

Hope this helps (a bit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, well, well........................way back in the beginning I gave his parents the benefit of the doubt and theorized that maybe he did wander off and got picked up by a passing motorist. If not that, he wandered off and curled up under something in order to get warm and froze to death.

I'm gonna have to stop having so much faith in humanity.

It's starting to make me look naive' and silly.

Well, well, well........................way back in the beginning I gave his parents the benefit of the doubt and theorized that maybe he did wander off and got picked up by a passing motorist. If not that, he wandered off and curled up under something in order to get warm and froze to death.

I'm gonna have to stop having so much faith in humanity.

It's starting to make me look naive' and silly.

I'm so sad that you feel silly and naive.

There are so many monsters out there....

But hopefully there are as many Angels too...

Such a sad world we live in...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back