AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

Hey all, do any of you know if Edward Keith Renegar was vetted as a suspect? He died in 2002 but Parabon Nanolabs was able to link his DNA to the Pam Felkins 1990 rape and murder in Greenbrier via genetic genealogy and there was a press conference held today. He was convicted of sexual assault in Cleburne County, Arkansas in 1994. He was caught with a knife and had bound her, tried to abduct a 'small framed young lady'. He also had a red (Mazda) pickup truck with a white shell:

Primary murder suspect named in 28-year-old cold case thanks to DNA evidence

I just read about this and wondering the same thing?? I grew up in the area and have always held out hope for this case.

Hey all, do any of you know if Edward Keith Renegar was vetted as a suspect? He died in 2002 but Parabon Nanolabs was able to link his DNA to the Pam Felkins 1990 rape and murder in Greenbrier via genetic genealogy and there was a press conference held today. He was convicted of sexual assault in Cleburne County, Arkansas in 1994. He was caught with a knife and had bound her, tried to abduct a 'small framed young lady'. He also had a red (Mazda) pickup truck with a white shell:

Primary murder suspect named in 28-year-old cold case thanks to DNA evidence

Does anybody have any more info on this? The truck is especially interesting. How can we find out if he has been vetted in Morgan’s case?

Does anybody have any more info on this? The truck is especially interesting. How can we find out if he has been vetted in Morgan’s case?

He definitely is/was looked at. I messaged the Morgan Nick facebook page about it when the news broke and they told me that they had a meeting with law enforcement about him and they were looking into it.

renderTimingPixel.png

I came across this story on Today in Fort Smith about the abduction of Morgan Nick. This story is apparently part of a 10 part series. I've pasted in the text of part 10 -- links to all of the stories are below, as well. Fascinating information. I am from Arkansas and I have always wondered why this case wasn't solved. There are some really amazing theories in this series and I hope to start a discussion... especially about Morgan Nick's father (story below) and the fact that the first composite sketch that was released in the case was apparently incorrect for FIVE years.

PART TEN: Innocence Lost:
Looking for Morgan - Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Men?

According to the Polly Klaas Foundation,99.8% of the children kidnapped each year, come home.

Only about one-hundred children (a fraction of 1%) are kidnapped in the stereotypical stranger abductions you hear about in the news.

These children are usually abducted during the commission of a crime such as a robbery or sexual assault and the kidnapper is often someone the child knows.

It appears that Morgan Nick is one of those sad statistics -- one of 100 or so children that has been kidnapped in a stereotypical stranger abduction.

But after researching her case extensively, I have to take pause and ask some hard questions: Is it possible that Morgan Nick knew her abductor? Was there something about the lifestyle of Morgan’s family that put her in danger?

The name of Clifford Joe Pullan came up in some related research, and almost immediately, I came across an interesting Arkansas Court of Appeals document.

You can access the document HERE.

At first, I didn’t find anything of consequence -- just details about Clifford Joe Pullan’s penchant for selling marijuana.

However, by the second paragraph, I was floored:

“On January 28, 2006, Pullan was arrested for delivery of marijuana. The arrest was the culmination of an operation conducted by the Twenty-first Judicial District Drug Task Force undertaken to determine whether Pullan was the supplier for a lower-level DRUG DEALER, JOHN NICK.”

You read that right. Morgan Nick’s father, Morris John Nick, was suspected of being a drug dealer.

The document goes on to explain: “Prior to the start of the operation, a confidential information (CI) who had made three marijuana purchases from Nick told the drug task force that Nick claimed that Pullan was his supplier. In December 2005, the task force had arrested Pullan for drug trafficking the previous summer….On the day in question, the drug task force set up surveillance on Pullan's residence.   Drug task force investigators sent the CI to Nick's residence to purchase marijuana with marked currency.

The CI had been given approximately $2,000 so that he could buy all of Nick's existing stock of marijuana. Nick sold him eight ounces of marijuana for $640.”

As it turns out Morris John Nick, has a long criminal history:

July 1987: Battery - 3rd Degree

July 1987: Legacy System Criminal Violation

July 1987: Criminal Mischief - 2nd Degree

January 2006: Possession Controlled Counterfeit Substance - 3rd Offense. Class C Felony

January 2006: Possession Controlled Counterfeit Substance - 3rd Offense. Class C Felony

January 2006: Drugs and Firearms, Simultaneous Possession

January 2006: Possess, Use, Deliver, Advertise Drug Paraphernalia

January 2006: Endangering the Welfare of a Minor - 2nd Degree

The charge of Endangering the Welfare of a Minor in the 2nd Degree was not prosecuted in the 1996 proceedings, possibly as part of a plea deal.

John Nick’s drug charges happened 11 years AFTER Morgan’s abduction, so what makes this information relevant?

According to my sources, John Nick had a long history with drugs dating back to the early 1990’s -- prior to his divorce from Colleen Nick and prior to the abduction of Morgan Nick.

Even more disturbing is this fact from the 2006 Arkansas Court of Appeals document: “Pullan drove directly to Nick's residence, and he entered without knocking. Pullan only stayed inside a few minutes before leaving without the package.”

In 2006, was it common place for people (such as Clifford Pullan), with the intent of buying or selling drugs, to enter the home of John Nick without even knocking? Did John Nick keep this same kind of “open door” policy when he lived with his children?

It’s also important to note that Morris John Nick had a long standing business “relationship” with Clifford Joe Pullan. This business “relationship” also dated back to late 1993. I think it’s safe to assume that Pullan not only frequented the Nick home, but that he most likely was very familiar with John Nick’s children.

Why could this be important?

In July of 1995, Clifford Joe Pullan was found guilty of a heinous crime: Violation of a Minor in the 1st Degree.

Let this sink in: A drug dealer that possibly had full access to John Nick’s home and his children was found guilty of a sex crime against a child.

That he was charged with one month after Morgan Nick disappeared.

My blood ran cold when I came across this post about Clifford “Joe” Pullan. On September 9, 2013, a man named “Rick” posted this:

“He (Pullan) was convicted of sexual indecency with a minor and given a suspended sentence. He had a long history of trading drugs for sex with underage girls.

He was then convicted of selling pot. He was out of jail awaiting

sentencing when he was arrested again with heavy drugs including heroin.”

It’s clear that Morgan Nick and her siblings were exposed to a dangerous world of drugs and predators.

Is it possible that a predator set his eyes on Morgan Nick while purchasing drugs from her father?

Part Ten: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...pM1IciYKg8t8Y1WIh_gVBG1vwJl0zzSPcCJuMLV3C9VAo

Part Nine: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...auntel-Nick--Part-Nine---Unanswered-questions

Part Eight: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...-could-have-happened-based-on-new-information

Part Seven: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...ooking-for-Morgan---Spotted-in-South-Carolina

Part Six: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...r-Morgan---Part-Six---Someone-knows-the-truth

Part Five: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...or-Morgan---Something-bigger-than-we-imagined

Part Four: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...-Jessica-and-Tye---Out-of-the-Mouths-of-Babes

Part Three: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...ing-for-Morgan-Part-Three-of-a-limited-series

Part Two: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...-Morgan--Is-the-suspect-hiding-in-plain-sight

Part One: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...king-for-Morgan---The-entire-nine-part-series

Parts 1-9 Found Here: https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/si...king-for-Morgan---The-entire-nine-part-series

Children reported seeing a red truck with a white camper shell in the area the night Morgan disappeared. I just read about an abduction and attempted rape that happened in 1989 in Michigan. The suspect was driving a red truck with a white camper shell. I wonder if they have any suspects in the Michigan case that could be tied to Alabama or Morgan’s case? Here is a link to the Facebook post:

Find Aundria M Bowman

The post shows the MSM article, but when searching online I couldn’t find a free link to the article.

Morgan Nick was a shy girl, a little on the quiet side, according to her mother Colleen Nick.

“She loved cats -- she had a kitten that she adopted from the shelter,” Colleen said of her daughter Morgan. “She set her heart on that cat and it slept in her bed every night.”

More at Twenty four years later, mother still fighting for justice in daughter Morgan Nick’s disappearance
They may have DNA from the perp. 24 years later and I hope they test what they have and finally catch whoever took this little girl from her family. These cases never get easier to think about...MOO
EBM

Children reported seeing a red truck with a white camper shell in the area the night Morgan disappeared. I just read about an abduction and attempted rape that happened in 1989 in Michigan. The suspect was driving a red truck with a white camper shell. I wonder if they have any suspects in the Michigan case that could be tied to Alabama or Morgan’s case? Here is a link to the Facebook post:

Find Aundria M Bowman

The post shows the MSM article, but when searching online I couldn’t find a free link to the article.

WS link
MI - MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, Holland, 11 March 1989

"This is the last time Alma Police Chief Russell White will sit behind his desk. He’s been in law enforcement for years, and the chief for 25 years...

Chief White says through the years, the case has remained opened and leads come in nearly every week. “Morgan’s case has never been a cold case,” says White. “It’s an old case, but not a cold case.”

He says the tragic case has lead to Arkansas leading the nation when it comes to responding to kidnapping, but there is something else on his mind as he hangs up his badge.

“There is a lot of good that’s come out of the case,” White says. “The other side of that is, that is my greatest failure in life.”"

Alma Police Chief retiring, recalls Morgan Nick disappearance

A possible grave-site has been found in Wyoming with a cross with the name "Morgan" and the numbers 88 and 03 on it: Sheriff's office seeks information on mystery grave in northern Wyoming

Morgan was born in 1988. Could she have been held captive until 2003? :(

Here is the thread to discuss the mystery grave: PARK COUNTY, Wyo Sheriff's office seeks information on mystery grave in northern Wyoming

The photo of the grave is chilling. It is interesting there is no second name. Is the distance from Arkansas to Wyoming about 1,000 miles?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back